3 keys at once - a problem?

J

Jonaldo

I found recently while in combat that PS won't recognise more than 2 depressed keys at a time, which means no retreat strafing while using health kits :rolleyes: I like have to stop moving, use health kit, then start bullet dodging again :mad:
Is there anything in the config of the game where I can make it recognise 3 different keys I should I assign first aid kit to mouse-wheel or something? At the moment my mouse-wheel is zoom but I could probably change them over if it meant me staying alive a little longer.

X

Xtro

Not that I'm the expert but PS seems to let me use more than a few keys at a time on this PC, but on the next PC on the LAN I have the keyboard just does NOT like having a few keys pressed at once - is it just PS you have this prob with?

Never know it could be the keyboard, forgive me for not being the most techie :)

J

Jonaldo

This is why I ask here :) any help is appreciated, if it is my machine and not the game then at least I know what is at fault.

P

[PS]Nova

I don't seem to have any problem as such with Planetside refusing to allow me to press more than a couple/one key at once. My problem is not having enough fingers at enough strange angles to be able to reach F1, back arrow, mouse buttons.... :p

O

old.Cordain

Its not PS its the keyboard.
Some support it, some dont.

G

Gef

Its not the keyboard its the motherboard/bios you can get bios updates but not for all boards.

I had this problem in a Reaver while trying to fly bacwards while strafing and climbing (need to hold 3 keys down).

G

Gewny

True, its not the keyb but the Motherboard, this might be helped with BIOS update but I dont think it will.

However try to change things in ure bios, like keyb freq (the exact name of this differs between diffrent brands and some dont have it)

With some modern keybs you can choose to connect it to USB this might help to.

And ofc maybe there are some keybs out there that dosent support more than 2 keys pressed at the same time.

G

g0ldenbone

I would imagine a USB keyboard will get you round the problem. Try and borrow one, and give it a go.

J

Jonaldo

Tested out things, I can hit 3 keys when backing/turning/using implants - but just using health kits won't work, maybe I should switch it from F1, would probably be best option.

Seems my system can support lots of keys at once, just the ones I want to work. don't in this game :rolleyes:

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Tested out things, I can hit 3 keys when backing/turning/using implants - but just using health kits won't work, maybe I should switch it from F1, would probably be best option.

Seems my system can support lots of keys at once, just the ones I want to work. don't in this game :rolleyes:

Never had a problem with F-keys personally, however sometimes i find that one keystrike can cancel another out. For example in running foreward and strafing left at the same time, then i go to change weapons and it stops my strafing action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom