3 Cheaters

Embattle

FH is my second home
the_stef
Glaz_fr
ecazin

Doing that medic thing where one of them was on the other side etc.....I did try and get on irc but got fucked off trying to setup that stupid qbot thingy.

PS I have screenshots if required.

Trancor

Fledgling Freddie
I've noticed a few cheaters/bugs, where the enemy name appears as a friendly. Very annoying when they do that. Wish I could remember who it was. :eek7:

Athan

Resident Freddy
Trancor said:
I've noticed a few cheaters/bugs, where the enemy name appears as a friendly. Very annoying when they do that. Wish I could remember who it was. :eek7:
This is generally held to be some bug to do with switching teams, whether it be manually or through autobalance. Something in the game (likely your client, not the server I guess) is falsely remembering the old allegiance of the player.

Thus you can have a seeming-friendly shoot you, and turn out to be an enemy. You can also shoot at a seeming-enemy and then get punished for a TK due to it.

I've seen a post about killing someone who looked like an enemy, was for all other purposes (was on other team) and then TK punished the killer. This could have been a case of that person switching (again?) to the other team just as it happened though.

Of course there could be people actively exploiting this to take advantage of the ensuing confusion.

-Ath

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom