3 Albion playes ( 4 chars ripped )

S

smokee_hb

Taunter (50 arms) Pffft (50 scout) Goozu (50 cleric) and Smokee (50 wizard) all from HB, have been stripped from items including epic armor, gold, jewelery and other stuff.
So if you hear of any stuff beeing sold, that could come from one of these chars, please contact either me or a HB officer ingame.
GoA have been told of this but just responded with a standard reply, that we should look out for our passwords etc.

Thanks for your help.

//Smokee

A

adari

That sucks :/

but at least, as lame as it sounds, u still got your chars

A

Aussie-

all HB ...

does that mean you shared your accounts or does that mean someone dislikes the guild. or both ;>

T

Tigerius

Originally posted by Aussie-
all HB ...

does that mean you shared your accounts or does that mean someone dislikes the guild. or both ;>

In HB we share everything *purr*:fluffle:

L

loxleyhood

Sharing your accounts would suggest that the purp is within HB itself, or perhaps someone who left HB on less than good terms.......

T

Takhasis

:( losing chars or kit thru this really sux :(

can i point you at this IE "bug"?

Under the tools menu of IE, select Internet Options > Security > (select
zone)
> Custom Level. Under scripting, disable "Allow paste operations via
script."
or set it to "prompt" if you wish to be notified when this sort of operation
is being conducted.

Basically if you have the password in your clipboard and visit a site with some javascript that copies the clipboard (and you'ld never know about it) - this switches the facility off....

Please be careful...

S

SoulFly Amarok

GOA Has logs off every item transfer that has happened..so they know who have the items.

I know this, because an ex guildie of mine, Blaen, got his char deleted and items stolen..because of a "shared" account, all they did, was to restore his char. The guy who stole all the items and then gave&sold it forr diablo2 items got away without a punishment. GG GOA! ;/

M

Moodyard^_^

This really blows.

But, i see some connection?

How can 4!!!!!!!!! peeps from same guild get ripped off like this?

P

parlain

Bah this sucks :puke:

Hope this doesn't trun you guys away from the game

I'm sure that Florence/Redlock is already getting you some replacement armour but if he's not come see me and I'll try and sort something out to get you back on your feet and bashing them Middies/Hibbies again :)

K

Khalen

Weapons is my game and supplying my men with weapons to fight against the hordes of evil will be my supreme task :)

So come by if yah need weapons... (leave a message by PM, irc or whatever)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Those people did not "share" their accounts.
While we can sort them pretty easily with money and they will be up and running in no time, the approach taken by GoA/Mythic sucks. They should atleast check the accounts for used IP addresses, and link those to other accounts.
I guess they were lucky and the asshole whole stole the goods did not delete the characters repeatedly, otherwise they could not even get that back.
Regards, Glottis

E

Eggy

Simple answer, don't give people your passwords.

Duh

S

stach

Look out for our passwords... Maybe its time Goa did something to improve the security. Not only rise the monthly payment and gave us Pissbuckets instead of helmets.

O

old.Filip

in fact a lot i know got robbed

Chars who got robbed:

Smokee
Taunter
Pffft
Alpha
Filip
Goozu

I think i was the most lucky.. i only lost around 800 GP..

alpha got hit rather hard .. he lost a full set of MP armor and around 20 P (i think)

it seems all case's have some RL issue's ... we still not 100% sure though about what happend..

but it seem some ppl have been having some really long ears from a computer cafe where most of the ppl have been playing from (not alpha's case though)

so just take this as a small warning.. some ppl will to into extremes to get GP/loot ...

Filip
Minser of HB

T

Trinilim

:(

Stealing people's armor/items is more pathetic than mids whining about necros

O

old.LandShark

Which isn't that pathetic at all, because it's really lame and frustrating? :E

S

stupidshady

I know allot of friends who got ripped :
galelawyn ( twice )
asaiah his new acc had a mid zerker, ript
and then galel had like 2 new accs and 1 also got ripped alrdy

I dunno why ppl do it imho, dont even get HOW ya can get ripd, maybe its just me

K

kirennia

Same thing happened to an LoD member too :(

This whole thing just sucks really. Good job Mythic, I sure as hell wont buy any other games from you in the future

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Which isn't that pathetic at all, because it's really lame and frustrating? :E

get over it, but not turning this thread into ANOTHER, necro whine.

Lemme rephrase

It's as pathetic as mids telling albs not to use so many numbers when defending frontier

K

kenshee-himura

Sucks really :(
Uber lame doing somethin like that...
Prolly noobs who have no idea how hard work this is to get loads money good equipement :(
Bastards!!!

And yeah idd kir mythic/goa are a bunch of n00b0rs.
Can't wait for swg :D

D

DeaD GuRu

lending accounts

well, i think hacking will be out of the question here. No info hacked from some users pc. Info obtained by lending your account to a friend who let's his friend's friend play with it, to PL a friends alts is asking for trouble.
If such a thing would occur with me, i would do the following, let your provider check what happened with you connection during that day, if something weird happens, it will show. Hacking someonce email adres, and asking for a password at Daoc homesite is also a possibility, Hotmails get hacked all day long. (pitty tho, invasion of piracy, eeugh privacy)
I don't think mythic nor goa can provide any form of compensation on this matter.

If you lend your account to someone, expect the worst. Unles the dude you know is your brother or a IRL friend you could try it. But otherwise calculate the risks you take. Some lame, lazy, jealous, whatever.. person could rip you off. Or just do it to frustrate you.

O

old.Filip

it seems in this case some1 has been doing some RL spying :) ... sitting watching some of us play and overhead a password to a email acount who contained some passwords ...

no elite computer haxoring there .....

just the old fasion style :)heh but well .. if 1 of us see this guy again i bet i wont be funny for him..(any1 know how to beat up a minor so he dont get any bruses ?? i saw in full metal jacket somthing about some soap in towels ?)

Filip

M

MesS°

Originally posted by old.Filip
it seems in this case some1 has been doing some RL spying :) ... sitting watching some of us play and overhead a password to a email acount who contained some passwords ...

no elite computer haxoring there .....

just the old fasion style :)heh but well .. if 1 of us see this guy again i bet i wont be funny for him..(any1 know how to beat up a minor so he dont get any bruses ?? i saw in full metal jacket somthing about some soap in towels ?)

Filip

Water is ur ticket Filip... Hold him down, open his mouth, start porring galons of water at his face, 1 hours worth of water wont kill him, but the pain would be :puke:

Ill hold him down, np...

C

Cashandcarry

Guys I'm really sorry to hear abou this it absolutely sucks..

Can you say Hi to Alpha from me (Galerrard) and tell him if he needs anything I'll do my best to help him out. Of all the players in Albion for it to happen too ...

O

old.Filip

Alpha is not playing here atm .. maybee he will be back laterz

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Trinilim
get over it, but not turning this thread into ANOTHER, necro whine.

Lemme rephrase

It's as pathetic as mids telling albs not to use so many numbers when defending frontier

I'm an alb, you twit... but it IS rather pathetic ;)
Necro LOS abuse ISN'T cheating the same way daox IS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom