3 accounts at same comp?

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Anyone know if this is possible in someway?

Good for pve mood in that case... :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I'm sure if you edited the registry there'd be a way to, but I honestly don't know. I'd like to know if this was possible too =\

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Posts like these make me depressed - i can't even play one account on a computer without getting lag.. let alone 3 :x

blejs

Loyal Freddie
well i am happy that i bought a new comp in august since playing since beginning on a p 3 1ghz 640~ram geforce 2 32meg comp :D

But now i got a nice one :)

And for pve its alot of standing at same spot so that isnt a big issue at all, just my char cant stick when i move it falls behind ;<

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
As far as i know, you'd need to edit game.dll for tri logging or something severe like that.

I may be wrong, but its hardcoded to only allow 2 i think. It's best to just boot up a 2nd pc and use that for the third acc

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
if your finding your bot lags off make sure you got client sleep on the second and first account and then open up task manager and set both clients too low. It should stop you from loosing the bot.

I run in windowed mode on a 1.4 and find it only lags in bad places (volcanus being an arse) :D

although i dont think you can run more than 2 accounts on one computers because even if one crashes out and i have to end task the second account wont then load and i have to close both of them down.

Tbh though even if you could run three accounts would you really need too ?

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
You need some virtual machine software that is compatibile with daoc :) Since Intel decided to give hardware support for VMs we can expect such stuff. But probably your PC isn't strong enough for that :)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
will have to hack the game to be able to log 3 acc's, which ofc is a bannable offence ;)

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
yeah if you got an AMD 4000 or something,along with 2 ghz of ram and geforce 9999>>you can dual log + start virtual machine with winxp installed in it(or any other os of your choice which supports daoc)
Then you can run 3 accounts,even 4.

but i seriously doubt that amd 4000 would be able to handle it right now,you might need 2x dual core cpus for that i believe :p

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
edit: misread.. oops.

anyway.. saw an app once that could load up more than two, and worked on several mmorpgs (daoc, eq, eq2, wow etc) but it is probably against the CoC / EULA .. so I wont bother to refind it :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Triple loging was in EVE no problem, but then again it has no code from stoneage and people usually work at the weekends there to fix problems.

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
I have to agree with a the post a couple up. You'd need to two processors in your machine to cope with 3.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
oki tnx, and why i would wanna do 3 accounts? :)

Borrow higher animist, pl my lowbie one and have a bb druid on third :]

Norcott

Fledgling Freddie
blejs said:

Billy no mates then.. ;)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
blejs said:

construct a second pc, wouldnt cost much if u can deal with low fps etc ;)

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
blejs said:

set up 2 anis on your new pc and run bot on old :)

and btw with the new hyperthreading (sp?) from itel you can run 2 accs on stick with no lag at all :)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
blejs said:

you know I always thought one of the ideas behind these games was to group with other people........

oh no silly me I forgot that back in about patch 1.65 DAOC was converted to a MSORPG

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
multigaming.jpg

r0X, other pc runs daoc fine!

#1) p4 Blaablaablaa
#2) AMD XP 1700+ blaablaa

is of r0x

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
LMAO Soulfly i take it you dont like the Windows keys.

Ha Ha Classic.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
SoulFly said:
http://soulfly.daug.fi/multigaming.jpg
How come the Windows keys are missing? just something that caught my eye. :p

Zerach

Fledgling Freddie
Fatto Blejs, use your old computer to run one of the accounts! (makes homer-like doh sound)

or if you wanna be a techie, I assume you could always try with a evaluation copy of wmware (http://www.vmware.com/download/) and install a second copy of windows on it and run 2 accounts on the host windows and 1 account in the virtualized windows space. Tell me if that works btw :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Shagrat said:
you know I always thought one of the ideas behind these games was to group with other people........

oh no silly me I forgot that back in about patch 1.65 DAOC was converted to a MSORPG

Heh, yeah. I'm sure 2 animists and a FoP druid are going to help a lowbie exp.

Soulfly, I had the exact same thing on my old keyboard, all so ripped out my caps key, haven't bothered on my new one. Since I don't press either of them anymore.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
blejs said:

I should've called my warrior lothanslamslam :|.

And now that I'm over with the nick satire (bam bam, hahaha etc)

Here's an advice: Why not get a second comp which is capable of running 1-2 accounts. Surely if you just got a highend comp you can get a lot cheaper one which can run 2 accounts. Or maybe, use your old comp? :|

blejs

Loyal Freddie
well need to buy new monitor then! :)
Gonna try 3 at same comp later.

I like to do random grouppah and all stuff, but its hard to find ppl to do it also.
Specially since catacombs witch i dont have atm.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Zerach said:
Fatto Blejs, use your old computer to run one of the accounts! (makes homer-like doh sound)

or if you wanna be a techie, I assume you could always try with a evaluation copy of wmware (http://www.vmware.com/download/) and install a second copy of windows on it and run 2 accounts on the host windows and 1 account in the virtualized windows space. Tell me if that works btw :)

I doubt it would work Zerach, a VMware session would never be able to run the 3d gfx. I think the display drivers loaded in a VMware session are only 2D. Im sure the virtual-comp would make a big "siiiigh" 2 seconds after u start camelot.exe ;) Then the famous "game.dll-crash-report-to-microsoft-pop-up" :clap:

On the otherhand this might be a cool "project" to experiment with while Prydwen is down :D Good luck..... :) Beats pressing "refresh" on FH tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom