2x Daoc on 1 pc...

M

~Mobius~

Does anyone do this?

Ive been trying to get it up and i get massive lag its almost unplayable, also pressing a key on 1 char makes me lose stick on the other. Another problem is if both chars are on horses, one of them always stops. :/

What keys do you use with each char for optimal performance?

I have a p1.3ghz
Geforce2 32mb gfx card
128ram
40gb

Is this ok to run 2 daoc accounts on 1 pc?

Thanks in advance.

K

kr0n

Originally posted by mobiusmid

Is this ok to run 2 daoc accounts on 1 pc?

Impossible without DAOx which is against CoC/EULA whatever.

Hint: 2 different daoc directories, set other one to have different keys.

A

Archeon

or if you lack the tech know-how to do that then just press enter (as if you were going to type somthing) all your key-strokes will be logged there.

P.s - yeah, DAoX is an illegal proggy. Don't use it

O

old.SadonTheGrey

This may very well be the root of the problem, I could only just play the game with this, never mind twice. Memory is cheap as dirt atm, maybe buying another 256 + will help.

M

~Mobius~

I thought it might have something to do with the pcs age, thanks alot.

D

Danya

Consider 512+ and a faster cpu for two copies. Or better still 2 cpus.

J

Jergiot

/stick and press enter and type something random

S

stabba4

"Consider 512+ and a faster cpu for two copies. Or better still 2 cpus."

i doubt daoc, seeing how badly coded it is, can do any hyperthreading at all :). On the other hand depending on what OS you run i guess you could make it do it, altho you prolly need to do alot of drivers checking for all your hardware, so i whouldnt recommend you to get 2 CPU:s. This is just speculation tho, and may very well be wrong.

T

TrufflesUseless

It isn't an issue with hyper-threading, but rather multi-threading and processor usage.

Only the Windows NT base family of operating systems (NT4/2000/XP) are able to utilise mutliple processors (excluding Linux which I hear some people have managed to get the game to run under faster then Windows OS's :) ).

However, the issue comes down to something else. Usage of mutliple processors. Most games are written specifically for systems with one processor, and will have lots of multi-threading code in, but will probably not react well under mutli-processor environments due to the fact that they were optomised for execution on one, and the multi-processor element often throws a spanner in the works, so to speak.

In the future when multi-processor systems are common, you might see it - but to be honest, single processor speeds will be so high then that not many things will need that much.

As an example, some of the well written military real flight simulators (the ones real military pilots use) are powered off not much more then a 2 processor workstation. That is a well written environment. If anyone ever bought the base pyhsics code from that and the engine, they could have a startling game environment. Put it this way, that isn't going to happen ;)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Waaaay more RAM. GEFORCE2 MX is a pile of dog poop (I have one myself) so if you really enjoy your games then you should consider getting a new one to get the most out of the new effects and new GFX engines being used today.

D

Draylor

I know its an ancient thread, but .....
Originally posted by mobiusmid
also pressing a key on 1 char makes me lose stick on the other
Apparently fixed with SI ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom