2nd Acc Stick

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
This is a Q for some of the technical peeps here.

Recently blew up a 128mb 256bit gfx card which i used for a while to duel log my 2 acc. When I switched my processor scheduling to background services I could duel log and /stick 2nd acc np. I have since got a new card which is 512mb but only 128bit and /stick on my 2nd acc has gone out the window despite the pc settings not changing. I'm guessing there are other ppl running 2 accounts on 128bit cards so was wondering if anyone knows how to sort this out?

TIA =)

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
what card is it you use ??,

might be one of those that Daoc doesnt support 100%.. then it wont matter if its 128mb or 1gig :)

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
Original card was a Radeon 9800 pro which worked np but now using a Radeon X1650 pro and it stopped working. Its weird with half the bit rate yet over the double the memory and wont work.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Try setting every graphical setting to minimum. In Daoc options and in windows. Turn shadows off.

If that minimal setting lets you stick again, try turning up the details little by little.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
I dont see the logic in how dual logging works..

On my main PC even one daoc account is laggy, and it is super laggy and crappy when i dual log. Main PC spec: 1024 mb ddr 3200 (?) ram, amd xp 1800, gf4800ti, and some rog motherboard (its still quite crappy, but it should be able to run daoc imo).

But on my laptop on the other hand, a IBM thinkpad, i can easilly dual log whith /stick. Which i find rather silly compared to my main computer :eek:

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
dual logging is quite odd indeed :> atm i can only stick a char to another one underwater, in dungeons and at Snowdonia NF side. nowhere else :)

1 year ago when i had a 2,0 Intel, 512 mb ram, 128 mb gfx, i couldnt stick at all. but all of sudden when i had 5 virusses i could stick fine at any place. then i formatet PC. and havent been able to stick my bb other places then Dungeons, NF Snowdonia, and underwater :>

Quite odd

reaveruse

Fledgling Freddie
try this

ur dest top icon right cloick

go to properies click

then go to compatabilitys

there

click on run in and set to win nt serv pack 5

that sets game up to be able to run more smoothly in windows xp as it has been made around windows nt

all so try running both accounts in si/toa in windows mode that all so helps out lots

Bloodcore

Can't get enough of FH
ill say u need p4 ht, c2d, or amd dual core, to dual log properly

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
some fx cards handle shadows better then others, some handle lightning, object rendering etc ( considering both fx cards have same processing output). Look up on benchmarks between your 2 fx cards and see were they gain/loose points you might find out were you are loosing them with the new fx.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Bloodcore said:
ill say u need p4 ht, c2d, or amd dual core, to dual log properly

The man said he used to run properly with his old fx card and now he dosent so your post dosent help :p

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Isnt there a command (/clientsleep) or something that should help when dual logging?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Kinetix said:
The man said he used to run properly with his old fx card and now he dosent so your post dosent help :p

I have to agree with him though.

Get such a CPU, 2 GB of fast RAM, a solid GFX card and you can dual log with the best client and settings on a ML1-10 rush ^^.

Bridd

Fledgling Freddie
Rather than dual log: I have a dual core with Nvidia7300 and a gig of ram, and rather than upgrade to a much more expensive graphics card and another gig of ram, it was cheaper to simply purchased a low spec second hand system with a wifi on it, can only get classic skin on 2nd system but both works fine especially when farming and have ability to heal pet on one system while playing pet on the other - once again cheapo screen etc on other system.

/stick works fine in and out of RvR, although i mainly just leave my bot in a keep.

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
hmm thx for the feedback m8s, i managed to get stick to work but the game sutters to crap on both windows. Even tried window mode but was still hard to play. Apart from the 256bit the new gfx card should be better in every aspect so weird how that "appears" to have made such a huge diff.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Vandrakken said:
hmm thx for the feedback m8s, i managed to get stick to work but the game sutters to crap on both windows. Even tried window mode but was still hard to play. Apart from the 256bit the new gfx card should be better in every aspect so weird how that "appears" to have made such a huge diff.

my best advice would be by a new box a KVM switch and a nostromo n52

the box dose have to be anything to fab tbh any budget 256mb fx card and 1.5+gig of ram HD nothing big needed tbh you can build a budget cammy box for about £280 to £350
tip cammy seems to ATI based card more from personal experiences

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe you just need to find better drivers on that new video card.

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
Got latest drivers already but will def look at therg's ideas :>

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
get a pentium amd are crap for dual logging ask my brother and all the abuse i give him for having a rubbish pc mine and his have similar spec but he lags and crash when dual logging good thing he got a laptop.

Zede

Part of the furniture
This worked for me :

Click start button /run and type 'regedit' to open up the registry editor...

Assuming u use XP operating system navigate through folders as follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
PriorityControl

Then double click Win32PrioritySeperation

ITS IMPORTANT AT THIS STAGE YOU MAKE A NOTE OF THE CURRENT SETTINGS DISPLAYED IN THIS WINDOW SO U CAN CHANGE THEM BACK IF NECESSARY!

Now change the settings to 'Decimal' and enter the 'Value Data' as 29.

Apparantly the best settings for this are between 29-31. Personally I havent tried 30 and 31 because it worked perfectly for me with the value set to 29.

However u can play about with these values (between 29 & 31) and see which works best for u. (Don't worry if the values have been converted back to hexadecimal when u come to change them, this is normal).

Hope this helps m8, I had exactly the same problem as u describe and ever since I did this i have been able to run 2 accounts perfectly

P.s. If it doesnt work change the settings back to their original values.

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
This worked for me :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
PriorityControl

ITS IMPORTANT AT THIS STAGE YOU MAKE A NOTE OF THE CURRENT SETTINGS DISPLAYED IN THIS WINDOW SO U CAN CHANGE THEM BACK IF NECESSARY!

Apparantly the best settings for this are between 29-31. Personally I havent tried 30 and 31 because it worked perfectly for me with the value set to 29.

However u can play about with these values (between 29 & 31) and see which works best for u. (Don't worry if the values have been converted back to hexadecimal when u come to change them, this is normal).

Hope this helps m8, I had exactly the same problem as u describe and ever since I did this i have been able to run 2 accounts perfectly

normally if i change my clientsleep background off on both my accounts, i lag like shit, but is able to stick bb everywhere.. now with your new idea i lag less. but still enough for it to be annoying.. i tried with higher then 31. that made it lag even more. so 31 is good for me, tho some lagspikes i dont have if i turn /clientsleep background on. but then bb will lag off.. any ideas for that ?

P.S allso tried /clientsleep minimized.. didnt help either

Zede

Part of the furniture
necromania said:
normally if i change my clientsleep background off on both my accounts, i lag like shit, but is able to stick bb everywhere.. now with your new idea i lag less. but still enough for it to be annoying.. i tried with higher then 31. that made it lag even more. so 31 is good for me, tho some lagspikes i dont have if i turn /clientsleep background on. but then bb will lag off.. any ideas for that ?

P.S allso tried /clientsleep minimized.. didnt help either

2 mb of ram and a shit hot gfx card unfortunately.

ps. that info i typed in is off a FH post a few years back. Ppl prolly type in "Duel Logging" to find stuff, I remembered "Duel Booting" was the correct search option, all I did was cut n paste from the 2005 thread.

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
2 mb of ram and a shit hot gfx card unfortunately.

ps. that info i typed in is off a FH post a few years back. Ppl prolly type in "Duel Logging" to find stuff, I remembered "Duel Booting" was the correct search option, all I did was cut n paste from the 2005 thread.

hmm ok :/ got 2 Gig Ram. but a 256mb gfx aswell. :(

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
necromania said:
hmm ok :/ got 2 Gig Ram. but a 256mb gfx aswell. :(
he siad shit hot fx card not an old fx card, 512md is shit hot now m8 or get a cross fire mobo and have two 512mb working on the same screen
xfire.jpg

running in test box

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
This worked for me :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
PriorityControl

/repped .. that is a superb piece of advice and solved the problem totally :] tyvm m8

Zede

Part of the furniture
Vandrakken said:
/repped .. that is a superb piece of advice and solved the problem totally :] tyvm m8

I had asked numerous ppl & got numerous answers until i tried this. Funny how potential hours/days of fucking around is solved so simply :)

Wheres my rep point then !!?? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom