28th October draws nearer

D

Damon_D

Allways though FF was something you played on a big gaming machine in your local grillbar , whilst eating freedom fries and drinking coke...

L

-Lonewolf-

Bring it on I say

Just needs some kinda of RvR in it :)

L

longshot

The game may rock, but the name sucks. I mean, just how many FINAL fantasies can you have?

Anyway, I'm sticking with DAOC for now. The last 3 MMORPGs I tried all turned out to be huge disappointments... so I won't jump before whatever has been out for 3-4 months and people still scream over how good it is.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by longshot
The game may rock, but the name sucks. I mean, just how many FINAL fantasies can you have?

Anyway, I'm sticking with DAOC for now. The last 3 MMORPGs I tried all turned out to be huge disappointments... so I won't jump before whatever has been out for 3-4 months and people still scream over how good it is.

Exactly my opinion too Longshot. SWG was the last attempt, forked out some cash for the beta cd's and it was a crock of poo. May give FFXI a few months to see how people rate it.

Nice that mythic release TOA on exactly the same day :)

I've always said ill stick with DAOC until the RvR patch, thats going to make or break the game for me. and by the time the RvR patch hits the USA FFXI will either have flopped or be well established.

I did a little research, its $12.95 a month (+VAT) so not too expensive, you get one character, but have 15 slots - each slot is an extra $1 per month if used. Its got the same kinda carear respec that most other MMORPGS have so you can change your character slot if needed.

The servers are hosted in JAPAN but beta testes reported no lag, so i guess playing from the UK will be ok - only problem would be the time differance, FFXI is a strong event driven MMORPG so we may miss out due to the time zones.

Ohh and when you die - you can go DOWN levels too - hehe first time ive ever seen that - but no permadeath unlike the game on my new coffee coaster.

F

Farnis

Originally posted by Sharma
See sig.

heh same - may try FF out though as buying things makes me feel happy.

Will read reviews before I hit importmadness - dont want another AC2 on my hands.

N

-Nxs-

I just like the setting for DAOC, the fact you can PvE in safety and PvP on a large scale - no other MMORPG allows this, Dragon epires is pretty much guild based PvP from what Ive read, and currently FFXI is only PvE based.

S

scarffs

Agree nxs, ff looks good but teh PvE aspect like in daoc isnt there, so for me not really an incentive to lvl up and get good gear.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by -Nxs-
I just like the setting for DAOC, the fact you can PvE in safety and PvP on a large scale - no other MMORPG allows this, Dragon epires is pretty much guild based PvP from what Ive read, and currently FFXI is only PvE based.
What he said :).

S

Serbitar

Originally posted by -Nxs-
I just like the setting for DAOC, the fact you can PvE in safety and PvP on a large scale - no other MMORPG allows this

Bzzz wrong :p

SWG does as well. Just stay non-factioned or covert and you wont enter pvp.

just a shame its pap.

O

old.TeaSpoon

Loads since they're all set in different worlds/times :)

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Serbitar
Bzzz wrong :p

SWG does as well. Just stay non-factioned or covert and you wont enter pvp.

just a shame its pap.
Ohhhh and the pvp in SWG is so balanced. Yes it is.

N

)nick(

The reason i stuck with daoc is that it took a lot from EQ and improved upon it. For me to move would mean it would have to have everything that daoc offers and more.

S

Staan

I'll wait for DAoC 2, Hope ToA and the RvR stuff they promised us will be enough to keep hooked while WoW show up. If not i'll prolly play WoW :) but nonetheless if there's to be DAoC2 i'll be there aswell.

Since Asheron's Call (the first), i've never been so hooked in a mmorgp; you can say DAoC sucks etc, yea it has a lot of things that should be looked at, but nonetheless its an exellent game for whoever can enjoy it.

O

old.Tohtori

Actually...it would sound a bit bad if they used the original "Dragonquest"...kinda..corny...though...dragonempires....horizon...dark age of...i get it.

Finaly Fantasy name does come from the fact that each and every game, even if they have the same name, are different stories.

This too will be broken with XII but...there's only chicks in that one :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom