26th March - Paris????

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Was just wondering what the rest of you think on something that I've been thinking about since this timer was placed on the Warhammer EU site.

Now from the statement we've had from Mark Jacobs its easy to say they plan to reveal (officially) the collectors edition/pre-order info.

However my question is this, does simply releasing collectors edition info warrant a big countdown and timer on the main site? It seems an awful lot just to hear something we already know.... and Mythic already know that we know thanks to that leak.

Now I'm 100% sure it will not be the launch of any 'open beta' or a lift on the NDA, which made me think..... release date?? but then I thought why is it only on the EU site if they plan to announce a release date?

There's also been talk of annoucing competition winners but again this doesn't seem enough to warrant the timer.

Both collectors edition info and comp winners dont warrant anything more than bein announced in the news letters as far as I'm concerned?

To sum up..... things just dont seem to fit.... a countodown timer would indicate something big right??? but why just for the EU?

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
the CE release might not be such a pile of big news to us (thanks to the leak) but it would have been (if not for the leak). So Mythic could have planned on putting that timer for the CE release for months now, and only at the last few days the leak came, but they could've decided to still put the timer on the site.

I agree with you that the CE release might not be too big news to us right now, not big enough for such a mysterious timer anyways, but I kinda do not see what else it could be counting down to. (Except perhaps the entering of Q2 2008... but then they'd be a few days off and would make asses out of themselves because of that ;) )

Anyways, I don't think it's much use to keep on bambling about that timer... we'll see EXACTLY what it was counting down to when it ends, no need to keep frustrating ourself with all kinds of possibilities now :)

So let's change the direction of this topic... now, who of you is going to Paris? That many? Well, all take a camera with you and I'll give you this special quest (quest reward is a pat on the shoulder): film as much info about the Shadow Warrior as you possibly can! :)

ileks

Part of the furniture
Last elf class, CE info and maybe a release date i reckon. One thing tho, the 26th is in 2 days right? but the timer is 6 and a half days. I'm guessing the Paris event lasts a good few days then?

You never know, it might be the guild beta! :)

Nate

FH is my second home
for chriisssaaaaakkeeessss!!!!!!!! RRRAAAAAARRRRRRRR

I don't know what we're yelling about!!!

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
I'd laught if they were going to announce the voice actors, and one of them was William Shatner

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I guess the real question is, why put an unexplained countdown timer on the website in the first place? To the untrained eye, it looks like a countdown to release, nothing else makes any sense.

Honestly, it does look very amateurish and for anyone checking the game site out for the first time, very off-putting im sure. People want information, not something that tells them there is information out there, but GOA/Mythic aren't going to tell them what it is. If it were me checking out the game for the first time, i'd be inclined to go check out a game being produced by a company who are open and honest instead of evasive and enigmatic.

It's insulting.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
I guess the real question is, why put an unexplained countdown timer on the website in the first place? To the untrained eye, it looks like a countdown to release, nothing else makes any sense.

Honestly, it does look very amateurish and for anyone checking the game site out for the first time, very off-putting im sure. People want information, not something that tells them there is information out there, but GOA/Mythic aren't going to tell them what it is. If it were me checking out the game for the first time, i'd be inclined to go check out a game being produced by a company who are open and honest instead of evasive and enigmatic.

It's insulting.

do be aware of the fact (as many mods have said before iirc) that alot of info has already been released about WAR. Quite honoustly I haven't seen any MMORPG that released that much info before launch (even WoW didn't give away that much I think... I remember surfing their site months in a row, only to find some silly stories about certain areas in their game... nothing that really made me happy and willing to play the game when it would come out). Quite the contrary is true with WAR: they've been giving away THAT much info, people now just aren't happy anymore if they don't get it (yes, we've become adicted to info about WAR). So let's not shit around the crapper about it any longer and let's admit we've been getting enough already, and now are just acting as spoiled brats :)

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
do be aware of the fact (as many mods have said before iirc) that alot of info has already been released about WAR. Quite honoustly I haven't seen any MMORPG that released that much info before launch (even WoW didn't give away that much I think... I remember surfing their site months in a row, only to find some silly stories about certain areas in their game... nothing that really made me happy and willing to play the game when it would come out). Quite the contrary is true with WAR: they've been giving away THAT much info, people now just aren't happy anymore if they don't get it (yes, we've become adicted to info about WAR). So let's not shit around the crapper about it any longer and let's admit we've been getting enough already, and now are just acting as spoiled brats :)

Well said

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Your all wrong of course, it's a countdown to the France vs England game in the evening, the whole we are going to Paris to promote the game thing is just a cover so they can go watch the match on company expenses :p

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
Your all wrong of course, it's a countdown to the France vs England game in the evening, the whole we are going to Paris to promote the game thing is just a cover so they can go watch the match on company expenses :p

coming to think of it that makes sense :D

:england:

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
for chriisssaaaaakkeeessss!!!!!!!! RRRAAAAAARRRRRRRR

I don't know what we're yelling about!!!

???

Before you go on, I've seen your posts where you have quoted what Mark Jacobs has said about this and if you read my original post I have actually mentioned that.

My question was that the timer seems a little over the top for CE info....... countdowns are usually for something a lot bigger like go live day for example.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
well, look at it this way: they're making a timer for such a 'small' event, imagine what they'll do on release! <thinks about giant firework shows all over the world, people dressed are war lore creatures handing out alcoholic drinks (and clubbing eachother to act as if in war), a special broadcast from some astronauts in space who play the game, together with some freakishly intelligent aliens (who would cap lvl 40 in a day of course)>

Man, good times would those be :)

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Were slowy drveing Nate insane. If we keep it up he'll need medicating by friday... so, do we carry on, or quiet down till tomorrow?

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
carry on of course... WAR is everywhere, and I personally believe psycholigical warfare is amongst the most brutal and effective kinds of war we know about... So Nate, welcome to WAR ;)

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
carry on of course... WAR is everywhere, and I personally believe psycholigical warfare is amongst the most brutal and effective kinds of war we know about... So Nate, welcome to WAR ;)

Hehe lol!!

Yeah..... we will know tomorrow what it was all about.

Where do you think we should be checking? War Herald or the main site?

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
I have a feeling loads of us will be sitting at our PC screen 2moro watching the countdownhit zero, and i bet nothing will happen, then a few hours later same news will pop up. What a let down :p

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
I have a feeling loads of us will be sitting at our PC screen 2moro watching the countdownhit zero, and i bet nothing will happen, then a few hours later same news will pop up. What a let down :p

I was just thinking that very thing!!!

Probably the speech or whatever and however its being annouced is not starting until 12pm (which I'm sure is when the timer expires..... main site is blocked from work)

This meaning we wont get anything on War Herald for another few hours!!

:twak:

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i really aint expectin that much i mean all teh countdown means is the launch of the paris event its likely no new info will go up till its over so unless ya goin i really wouldnt be sat waitin here at zero hour as for what gets announched at the event a release date would be nice

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I can almost see it now, thousands of people sitting waiting for the timer to expire and when it does to be bitterly dissapointed that nothing has happened instantly..... we may hear the screams right the way across the country!

I just wanna know what all the hype and timer thingy is all about as I'm sure it has to be more than some CE info.

Unfortunately the main Warhammer site is blocked from work so I wont be able to check the site until I head home, so I'll just be looking here hoping that if anything new is announced someone will post a thread in here.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
I just thought of a cool idea: let's say they open the doors in Paris at the exact same second the timer hits 00:00:00:00. Now, at that time (when timer ran out) it automatically turns into a link that if you click on it opens a pop-up that shows us the view of a webcam that's filming the doors. So you could see the folks rushing into the building, ready for WAR :)

I mean, that would be rather cool and funny to watch too I think :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I just thought of a cool idea: let's say they open the doors in Paris at the exact same second the timer hits 00:00:00:00. Now, at that time (when timer ran out) it automatically turns into a link that if you click on it opens a pop-up that shows us the view of a webcam that's filming the doors. So you could see the folks rushing into the building, ready for WAR :)

I mean, that would be rather cool and funny to watch too I think :)

Haha nice idea, unfortunately I cant rep you :*(

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
I know what will happen at T = 0, it will go as follows

1...2...3...4 etc :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom