2142: the dreaded "Lost connection to EA master server" :/

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
why you throw chip?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
And to think I thought I'd found Wij's BF2142 clan when I spotted "ZIIP" - not enough I's in it by far though.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Flimgoblin said:
And to think I thought I'd found Wij's BF2142 clan when I spotted "ZIIP" - not enough I's in it by far though.

I'm wearing jeans atm...

*uuuuunnnnnbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttoooooooooooooonnn*

TdC

hmm doesn't have the same zing to it :)

TdC

I just read possibly the best statement ever concerning games and patches. It's not about bf2142, but it applies oh so nicely:

Tycho said:
There's a Neverwinter Nights 2 patch available as well, and after so many reports of rough water early on I decided to hold off on approaching the game as a nightly multiplayer proposition until I saw that version number tick up a few times. The list of issues resolved by 1.03 shows over two-hundred and fifty distinct items. I'm not prepared to call such a thing a "patch." Rather, I might be inclined to call 1.03 the retail release.

So true :( Tycho hails from here.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the 1.10 beta patch for 2142 has some mention of master server issues... might help :)

TdC

hmm that would rock if it helped. with luck I'll have my new poota bits and the issues will be solved!

*tries not to get hopes up*

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Xtro said:
Thank fuck I didn't buy this.

I got BF2 and Special Forces pack free, played it twice online and didn't bother again. I can't say I'll touch EA anymore.

Can't say I blame ya X.

The game fucking rocks BTW. But it's still chock-full of bugs and it's only the fact that I've got 3Gig of RAM making the loading times bearable.

Funny thing is - when it's all working and going well it kinda makes me want to play Tribes again :)

Oh. BTW. I had the right patch before. Just another bug I guess. Sorted itself out now...

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Game works fine for me and its great :)

Still no actual real in-game advertising either and tbh I didnt even notice the fake ones cos I was too busy having fun :) .....and reviving Flim...again...and again...and....again ;)

TdC

what are your ingame names. I'm kinda hoping that the 1.10 patch will let me play again and then I'd like some buddies tbh. I'm TestinDaCable ofc.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Scouse said:
Funny thing is - when it's all working and going well it kinda makes me want to play Tribes again :)

Tribes2 was ace (never played the original)

Being a fat git my job was generally "sit on the flag and get in the way" :) great fun..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
TdC said:
what are your ingame names. I'm kinda hoping that the 1.10 patch will let me play again and then I'd like some buddies tbh. I'm TestinDaCable ofc.

Glamis

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Hmm, just played this for the first time in a games cafe in Brisbane. Its not very good is it?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Oh I do like it when he gets bossy...

Cheers for the squad there TdC :)

TdC

hehe was some fun games Flim :) I especially liked the two of us pwning in the BattleWalker, though our commander was a bit of a tit tbh.

we managed to get a field upgrade and did pleasingly well considering there were only the two of us in the squad :) I didn't even notice I was SL (as I hadn't noticed the other guy left) until I twigged why the CnC was talking to me heh. Next time you be boss and we'll see how it goes.

Gaffer: you have to get into it a wee bit. It's *not* BF2 :)

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
I played the game around my brother's house the other day, as soon as i got back i ordered it from amazon. :D It's a really fun game and i love the character development aspect of it.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I decided to develop the character classes one at a time in full, so I have a support guy with everything and all the others have nothing. I just got his best gun after my last promotion and I hate it.

I really wish I had gone for developing the engineer first instead. Those launcher things look like Warhammer Eldar weapons, and you can shoot the guns off the titans with them. Definately engineer next for me.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
engineer isn't all that hot - it's good but very limited on non-vehicle heavy maps (titan maps are good). Sucks vs infantry basically :)

The rocket launcher is cool but it's slow moving making it useless for picking off much other than a sniper facing the other way (infantry wise... it's good on vehicles obviously but still takes a few hits to kill things)

Top level anti vehicle rifle is nice - faster, does more damage (to vehicles anyway) however it's dumb fire - no guidance. Can kill a tank in one shot if you hit it in the arse which is rather nice.

Best engineer tools imo are the vehicle scanner wotsit (that also picks up drop pods - so handy if they're using a squad beacon) and the anti vehicle mines - drop a few of them around an objective or along a road and *boom* byebye enemy tank.

Was going to go support after unlocking all the engineer stuff but after playing a few rounds (with field upgrades) of support and a few as assault I found the assault much more fun - it's the only kit with a decent rocket launcher too - the engineer weapons have no splash damage - you have to hit the target to kill them (not easy with either the slow moving guided missile or a faster moving dumb fire) the pk rocket add on for the rifle does do splash damage. Not so good vs the vehicles though.

That and playing MEDIC!!! is kinda fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom