2142 beta

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
Fileplanet are now dishing out keys for subscribers.

I'm gonna download it as soon as i'm home.

Poag

m00?
I downloade dit over night, poking MPUK about servers atm!

Clown

Part of the furniture
Don't bother paying for a subscription just to get it though, it really isn't worth it.

Coming from a guy who got it for free

Aada

Part of the furniture
Clown said:
Don't bother paying for a subscription just to get it though, it really isn't worth it.

Coming from a guy who got it for free

Suuuuuuuuuuuuure, the best yet of the series.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Hm maybe i was a little harsh in my last post, sorry.

All i meant was that i think the game is like BF2 but obviously with a new setting i loved BF2 (infact there wasn't a single game in the entire series that i haven't had fun in every match) so to me this is great too.

I know alot of people had trouble with BF2 tech wise but for me i never had a hic up once.

I think the mechs etc and the character advancement is pretty cool.

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
I would love any answer i get from my questions. (abit drunk atm)
My bf would take about 10mins to start on my 2,8 ghz 6600gt card 1028gb memory.
Is it the same with bf"whateverthenewgameis".
I really liked bf2 but i sadly stopped bcz it took so incredibly long to get into a game. hopefully they sorted it now?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Tinu said:
I would love any answer i get from my questions. (abit drunk atm)
My bf would take about 10mins to start on my 2,8 ghz 6600gt card 1028gb memory.
Is it the same with bf"whateverthenewgameis".
I really liked bf2 but i sadly stopped bcz it took so incredibly long to get into a game. hopefully they sorted it now?

Most of the tech problems i have seen is with Nvidia cards tbh my old 9800pro ran the game perfectly.

Then i upgraded to a x850pro 256mb and 2 gigs of DRR400 and the game loads up within seconds infact im normally the first into every map.

Upgrading you're memory might help but im certain its the Nvidia cards.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Aada said:
Most of the tech problems i have seen is with Nvidia cards tbh my old 9800pro ran the game perfectly.

Then i upgraded to a x850pro 256mb and 2 gigs of DRR400 and the game loads up within seconds infact im normally the first into every map.

Upgrading you're memory might help but im certain its the Nvidia cards.

I have a 7800GT and it works fine, in fact i've always had nvidia cards and never had a problem with BF games. Slow loading times are likely to be lack of RAM, going from 1 gig to 2 gig of ram dramatically cut loading times for me.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Krazeh said:
I have a 7800GT and it works fine, in fact i've always had nvidia cards and never had a problem with BF games. Slow loading times are likely to be lack of RAM, going from 1 gig to 2 gig of ram dramatically cut loading times for me.

What i'm saying is that most ''game takes ages to load issues'' come from people with the 6600-6800 range.

But like i said its either the card or the RAM. Personally i never had any problems loading with 1 GIG with my 9800 the only hic up i got was when the game first started and the FPS dropped to around 5 but then back up to normal.

Poag

m00?
My first map load to excrutiaingly long

But now it loads in under 30 seconds.

TBH i like the new game, titan mode is certainly interesting and exciting when your on your own inside the enemy titan

The game itself is far faster than BF2, weaponary feels to have more punch to it.

Sniper rifles are now actually hard to use...ish....which is good...no more sniper armies.

ALl in all i think its a good change to the new version, will definatly get it at release.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
I only wish it would work properly on my AMD x2, have to set it to only use 1 core or it boots me outa the game about 2 seconds after connecting

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Friends seem quite excited by 2142.. personally i'm not too keen on the look of it but i've not looked at it much. I had quite large loading times with BF2 (I do have a 6800, perhaps that was why?).

The BETA isn't a free DL then? It's only being offered to particular people? eg. Fileplanet subscribers?

-- Penguin

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Just to the crazy/nutters (aka fileplanet subscribers) :p

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
Penguin said:
Friends seem quite excited by 2142.. personally i'm not too keen on the look of it but i've not looked at it much. I had quite large loading times with BF2 (I do have a 6800, perhaps that was why?).

The BETA isn't a free DL then? It's only being offered to particular people? eg. Fileplanet subscribers?

-- Penguin

I have a 6800gt and find it loads about 30 seconds quicker than bf2. After special forces came out for bf2 maps always took AGES to load.

FPS never seems to drop like it did in BF2 as well. I'm not saying there aren't bugs but I find it better.

The 2bugs that piss me off atm are:
1. I have to rebind my forward and backwards key each time i load the game.
2. I tend to use the support class a lot defending the titans. I have the sheild upgrade, but when you put it down in a titan it falls through the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom