2012 Olympics are in......

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
And the Friday news reads....

'GOA delete all player accounts on Prydwen and Excal in protest!'

:p :D ;)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Our head office is in france too :)

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Hahah im so happy :cheers:

Cheese eating, bid losing surrender monkeys now eh! :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
cHodAX said:
And the Friday news reads....

'GOA delete all player accounts on Prydwen and Excal in protest!'

:p :D ;)

LOL !

In light of the recent decision by the IOC, players who hold accounts on Excalibur and Prydwen will now find that mob spawn times for artis have been quadrupled, scroll drop rates for GOV have been reduced to one drop per realm per year, realm ranks have been halved, all N F keeps have been razed, and all relics reduced to the size of a pea and deposited in the North Sea somewhere. Oh, and subscriptions for players on Prydwen and Excalibur have increased slightly to EUR 400 per day.

:eek6:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Hahahaha just goes to prove a pile of crepes won't win you the Olympics :D

I'm reminded of a Norwegian World Cup commentator from the 1980's...

"Jacques Chirac, Francois Mitterand, Michel Platini, Rene Arnoux, Charles De Gaulle, Alain Prost, Joan of Arc...are you watching? We gave your boys a hell of a beating!"

:clap:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
09%20French%20old%20people%20playing%20balls.jpg

Outlander

Part of the furniture
I once cared about the olympics then I realized oh no I dont give a flying monkeys ass! London Paris Belgium Mexico Peru who cares where it is its still the same crap imo :p

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
I'm french and I'm quite happy Paris didn't get the OC. I'm not from Paris and I wasn't willing to pay 5 billions of € in taxes just for games in another city. I prefere the 10 billions of € coming from the world to build the ITER reactor in France. :drink:
Congratz London.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ning said:
I'm french and I'm quite happy Paris didn't get the OC. I'm not from Paris and I wasn't willing to pay 5 billions of € in taxes just for games in another city. I prefere the 10 billions of € coming from the world to build the ITER reactor in France. :drink:
Congratz London.

Good point, everyone in the U.K. outside London is probably going to get fleeced to pay for an event they will never get the chance to see except for on TV. Londoners will pay big as well of course but at least they will see the benefit of the investment, the rest of us won't see jack shit. It's not like the country couldn't use £5 billion spent on the roads and railways instead, now we will just end up with alot of facilites in the east end of London that have no use after the games are over :(

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I 'll hide my cynicism, the design for the village actually looks pretty cool.

The olympics can go bad very easily, and the security considerations are immense, it will be like entering a military base.

Still expect the Chinese Olympics to be a hard one to beat, they will have the best opening/closing ceremony ever...oh yeah and people will be throwing and running and stuff :eek:

The whole thing bores the ass off me tbh, don't know any of the competitors,not arsed who wins, I think you're hard pushed to find people who are interested, bit like Formula 1 really.

I guess it's because it's so drawn out, with no 'big hit' event, just compare the fever for the World cup against the Olympics, it's like a wake by comparison.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
grats to us... rly dont care tho rly

but atleast we beat france which all that counts.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i watched on brekkie news this morning when they said what time the decision would be announced and i remember thinking "we wont get it" and i was convinced, like when you buy a lotto ticket you know you aint gonna win, totally shocked when we got it, hope they do a good job and that nobody lets the Uk down.

Better luck next time to the people who didnt get it.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Who gives a flying fuck? ZzZZZzZzzz Brit's.

(I was born in the UK btw, just don't give a flying fuck that we 'won' - just more for the pax payers to whine about)

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's good for a country's economy to get the Olympics actually :)

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Yup this is good news for a deprived area of London.
It means a vast influx of cash and resources.

Its not good news for deprived areas in the rest of the UK though.
Cos they gonna get even less cash and resources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom