201 error

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Just installed a new hard drive unfortunatly I got stuck with using norton 2005 for the time being :/
Problem is I can not connect to the patcher via the update program however I am however able to ping it from command line.

I have checked the shitty firewall on norton and allowed access to the patcher but still it wont connect, anyone have any further suggestions other than get rid of norton (I will but not right at this moment as I have no av to replace it with).

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
it's difenetly firewall - open all tcp/udp ports required for daoc

Hellspawn

Fledgling Freddie
Probly not firewall I was getting the same, I got kicked this am and daoc chronicles was down, when it came back up I got to read the news
Our host will carry out some equipment maintenance between 3.00 and 5.00 A.M. One or several short power cuts might occur which may lead to the disconnection of all players in game. There will be no ingame warning in these cases and they could last a few minutes. We thus advise you not to play between these hours even though there should be no problems.

should be working again now.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Just tried again and still the same, Tried with firewall disabled, norton turned off, have allowed the patch program full access even created a new rule for the ip allowing everything.

Is it just the cackness of norton or possably something else? :<

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/atlantis/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/atlantis/mpatch.dat

can anyone confirm this is the correct address?

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
That address looks wrong, but I can't check here i'm at work :(

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, its looking like norton just tried another game and get the same problems, I've always detested norton but never really understood it to be as bad as this it actually is blocking traffic when I've specifically told it not to and on top of that after disableing it it continues to "protect me".

Will install something else and hope to god I can remove every remenant piece of **** of norton from my pc.:eek6:

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Uninstalled it, it continued to block certain things 0o

finaly removed every last remaining scrap of it and guess what, it works now :)

Hellspawn

Fledgling Freddie
Use AVG free edition virus killer and sygate personal firewall, nice and simple and best of all free. Cant remember web address but look em up on google :)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I'm getting Error 201 at the moment as well. Just tried to update the client on my second computer, so had to fiddle with the firewall for that.. but it is set to letting daoc connect.. i don't get it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom