2 TOA accounts and 1 pc

Ziva

Fluffy
I'm wondering how people running 2 TOA accounts on 1 pc are experiencing this. Is it better/worse then running 2 SI accounts?

It's running on mine but i seem to get horrible lagstops where my whole bar goes red so i'm wondering if you have the same problem.

Thanx!

Mimen

Fledgling Freddie
I have been told by mates that it is horribly worse, some of them cant even play dual logged anymore.

/salut

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
I can dual log with Athlon 2400xp @ 2GHZ, 1GB RAM and Geforce FX5900 but occassionally the whole PC freezes up with the hard drive light on fully for a few secs - very annoying and can sometimes make me go LD. Maybe need more RAM to stop that (probably using the swap file when it freezes up), will stick another 512 in it later and see if it makes any difference.

Was fine before using SI before although that was using win98 (switched to windows 2k3 after i upgraded PC as 98 doesnt like 1GB ram).

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
on my xp 2800 with 2gb ram ti4800 i sometimes get a bit of bad lag between the two accts

for some reason it seems to occur when the chars are near each other in cities???

but yea toa is worse than si for this

Thrildif

Fledgling Freddie
Can't run 2 accounts any more. I can just about get a character on the second account loaded but then when I alt tab to the first account they both go LD. This worked fine before ToA, altho I did have some problems with losing /stick.

This is with a P4 2.2ghz, 512mb ram, Geforce Fx5950 256mb card. Thinking about getting another 512mb stick to try and fix it.

Freppe

Fledgling Freddie
Well after i got another 512 ddr 400 mhz it works much better.( now got 2400xp 1024 ddr 400 mhz, gf4ti4200 128mb etc ) Only tried once with 2 toa accs tho. But if you are just using one as buffbot for RvR i'd advice you to try run it on SI instead of ToA. Too much shit gfx for nothing imo, just gettin worse n worse.

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
... maybe its a sign. Maybe its the time for the bb's to die, and even out the fight.. maybe givf some more healers in rvr, for longer funner fights..!! Muhahah nice job GoA :p

:m00:

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I can run 2 toa just like 2 SI, its the same, same amount of lag. If I sprint with bot its ok.

Ziva

Fluffy
Well i think i'm gonna mail GOA about it cause i had no problems with SI at all. I bought a 2nd copy of TOA because i thought it would work and whatever it is GOA changed, they shouldn't have done it if that means you can't run two accounts anymore or they should have told people upfront.

Besides... i'd rather see buffbots in TOA then in RvR :D

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
Im running 2 ToA accounts on a 2.8ghz pentium 4 with 1.5gig of ram. geforce fx5600 (underclocked otherwise it crashes my graphics :mad: )

I have my main account running at 1012xwhatever with all graphics on top setting and fully cached skins.. my BB is running on 800x600 with all graphics set to lowest.

If I leave it like that and try and stick and run with minnie speed.. the bb loses stick.

BIG tip: I have winxp.. once both accounts are loaded up.. go into task manager and find both game.dlls in the processes.. right click and set them both to low priority.

Once I do the above I can have my BB stick up and go at mach 5 without him losing stick. Plus both clients run better.

When I first logon/zone etc I get FPS slowdown till all is loaded into memory then its fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom