2 Simple Skald Questions...

T

thegreatest

Well I was reading a skald guide at Daoc Statics and saw 2 things that made me ponder:

1st quote:

If you will pick Troll, do not pick a sword for weapon, and if you pick Kobold, do not specialize in Hammer or Axe.

^^ I really cant find a reason why?

2nd quote:

Always use Snare before you hit target with weapon - it increases your shance for critical hit.

^^ Is this true?

F

fragoverrule

1st i see no reason why.. my skald is 50 sword / 43 bs / 2 parry and is a troll

what about the snare.. havent looked at it.. but mainly if i see alb or hib i snare first and start with ragnarok

A

asorek

1. Trolls arent great with DEX and Sword is based on DEX/STR so your would have to cap extra stuff in your SC to maximize it.. better to go hammer with Troll as its all STR

2. The snare thing isnt exactly clear...ive not found anything to suggest that snare equals extra CRIT..tbh sounds liks misconception to me..i used to pull with snare a lot while levelling up and i didnt notice ANY difference...until i got MoPain II that is =)

3. The kobold rules with sword because it dex/str based and kobolds get good starting dex...id say they might not AS efficient with hammer or axe..but i started out using AXE before i swapped at 20 and it was fine.

Troll = Best wep Hammer (just for pure dmg)
Kobbie = Sword (imho)

but then you can spec what u like...most likely this was written PRE-spell crafting...you can basically spec what you want and make up for it with SC'd gear these days.

C

cha0tic

Sword/Axe= Slash Damage= 100% Strenght

Spear=Trusth Damage= 50% Strenght 50% Dexterity

Hammer=Crush Damage= 100% Strenght

T

thegreatest

Aww and I always thought that all 3 mid weapons were 100% strength based ;)

X

xrn

There's also slash spears aren't there? are they 100% strenght then?

O

old.casiraghi

Originally posted by xrn
There's also slash spears aren't there? are they 100% strenght then?

Nope 50% dex 50% str

A

asorek

meh nerf me for posting at 6am!!! yea your right 100% str...musta thought i was in Alb land pillaging again!!

but saying that my Kobold could take low orange cons with her sword and not have much down time at all!! but the agreement is this....

Kobold + speed5 + Sword..... pretty hard to see and hit
Troll + Speed5+ Hammer = eek f00kin troll hit me at speed5 and 2 shotted me!! if i could re-roll id go troll and 2H Hammer for the behind snare..it lasts 20+ secs...and you can spam it!!!

T

thegreatest

I made a Troll 2 Handed Sword skald, nice to spam northern lights->aurora after insta mezz, even con tanks/chain wearers go down to 60% hp after that combo (at pvp server)

C

chosen

Originally posted by thegreatest
I made a Troll 2 Handed Sword skald, nice to spam northern lights->aurora after insta mezz, even con tanks/chain wearers go down to 60% hp after that combo (at pvp server)

i would love to see that! maybe you can do it on some but not everyone NO way!

C

chosen

and a answer to your question it seems like you get a higher critical chance when target is snared, not sure if it is true tought but i almost allways crit after snare.
And to the 1 question go Norse and Spec Hammer is my advice :p

S

sofus

Originally posted by asorek
1. Trolls arent great with DEX and Sword is based on DEX/STR so your would have to cap extra stuff in your SC to maximize it.. better to go hammer with Troll as its all STR

2. The snare thing isnt exactly clear...ive not found anything to suggest that snare equals extra CRIT..tbh sounds liks misconception to me..i used to pull with snare a lot while levelling up and i didnt notice ANY difference...until i got MoPain II that is =)

3. The kobold rules with sword because it dex/str based and kobolds get good starting dex...id say they might not AS efficient with hammer or axe..but i started out using AXE before i swapped at 20 and it was fine.

Troll = Best wep Hammer (just for pure dmg)
Kobbie = Sword (imho)

but then you can spec what u like...most likely this was written PRE-spell crafting...you can basically spec what you want and make up for it with SC'd gear these days.

Mate sword is str based only in mid..

O

old.Emma

All speccable weapons in midgard are str based apart from hunters spear and savages h2h which are str/dex.

A

asorek

points to the threads above...we already covered the str only part

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom