2 new resists comming our way ?

N

-Nxs-

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=56651095&replies=7

Theres some new resists that have popped up on the USA test server

Physical
Essence

I did read somewhere that they are looking into resists, one of the TL reports i think - maybe this is their solution - add two new resists one to cover all melee damage and one to cover all magic damage, or maybe its just a cunning ploy and nothing will happen :) still it interested me

S

syri

yay! let's add more resists, and have emain full of zergs pelting each other for 1hp per hit!

T

Tesla Monkor

I think those two are part of the new resist system. The new resist work this way. There's two 'groups' for each resist.

- Racial
- Items
- Buff

The second group will be:

- AoM
- BAoD
- Etc.

The new resist system works like this:

Total damage = Damage * group 1 * group 2.

So, if I have 26% Cold from items, 5% Cold from my racial resist (Norse), no buff, but AoM 2. (6%) and I get bolted for 500 damage, I would take:

500 * 0.69 * 0.94 = 324 damage.

Using our current system, I'd be hit for

500 * 0.63 = 315 damage.

Not a great deal of difference, but things like BoF and BAoD will have less impact than before.

Mind, this is currently in testing and might still be changed. =)

O

old.Tohtori

Holy numerical calculations Batman! Does this mean that -now-, finally, they add a realistic element like physical resist :D

Anyone else find this funny?

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
I think those two are part of the new resist system.

YOU THINK!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

O

old.Emma

Most importantly you will now never get debuffed below 0 resist.

Which means no more mana chanters nuking for 570 damage from 1500 range ;p

K

Khalen

Originally posted by old.Emma

Or 880 for that matter....

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by old.Emma

no, you still will be able to debuff to negative values (at least on pendragon atm)
but it wont be straight 62% as it is now, but rather ~30%, and will also depend on your current resists/buffz etc

O

old.Jable

is it just some kind of way of calculating "you get smacked really hard physically SMACK!!!" or stating "a spell blows the skin off your face POW!!!" without saying "oooh its a body resist modifier" or "oooh its a spirit resist modifier" and stuff like that in a really camp voice? :m00:

SMACK!!!

:eek:

POW!!!

or maybe its just 2 more resists to cap making it harder to max everything in spellcrafting, while giving a generic melee or spell resist to resort to if they cant work out which of their weird resists the new stuff will affect. or something somone already said.

maybe its aliens.

F

Falcon

The new resists are part of ToA, you can gain 10% in each from doing various things in ToA I'm told. Don't know much more than that but apparently physical resists are also known as fire/cold/matter and essence are body/spirit/energy (I think I have that right?). So either way, none of it should involve re-doing SC, just not sure how those new resists fit into the system and how easy/hard they are to get in ToA.

F

Flimgoblin

goes against what they said ToA would be about - horizontal character development, not MUST HAVE stuff ;) a 25% resistance to all things magical or melee would be a MUST HAVE...

wait till 1.65 goes live - probably have an answer by then.

Y

-yoda-

i woul VERY much welcome 2 NEW resists as well as the ones we already have , that will mean everybody will NOT be able to cap everything when doing sc . which imo is a good thing :) cos every fooker running aroun in mp stuff with MAX all resists sucks sometimes :) especially if they oint have sc or the other person has max sc and bb :)

F

Falcon

Oops, sorry forgot a very important addition Flim, apparently the two new resists are capped at 10% if that makes any difference ;)

I've been playing my chars on Pendragon and there's defo no way to raise them without ToA yet at least.

O

old.Ramas

Mythic have made it pretty clear in between-the-lines comments that they intend to make different sources of resist combine in multiplicative fashion rather than additive fashion as today.

Assuming they extend this to the Absorb calculation, this means BoF for instance will in future cut actual melee damage in half, rather than reducing it by 50% of base damage as it does today. Similarly the BAOD effect will be a 35% percent reduction, rather than the 50-70% reduction you see today.

The intention is reduce the insane magic resistance levels that people have, eg. we would move from.....

items+buffs+AoM2
26% + 24% +6% = 56% resistance

to.....

1 - (74% x 76% x 94%) = 48% resistance

Part of this is already in 1.65, but I suspect there is more to come....

Physical and essence resist are presumed to be part of that switch. But it is unlikely to affect SC templates.

S

Solid

The two new resists are just anotehr blanket name for RA based and Buff Based resist totals like has been already mentioned.

You cannot add them to your SC suits cos they are not for Item based +Resists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom