2 links

S

Scooba Da Bass

First off to this place; Audioscrobbler it's a rather nice way to record everything you play in Winamp, you install a small plugin which then uploads the title and artist to your stats page (see my sig for an example). Pretty interesting once you've had it going for a few weeks.

Secondly mediaseek is back with an all new improved client and a faster server. It's pretty much like audiogalaxy in that you have a client to download and upload with, but finding stuff is handled via a web interface.

C

Clowneh!

'but' ?

i thought audiogalaxy found stuff via web interface too :(

S

Scooba Da Bass

I wasn't implying that AG didn't, stop stalking me!

M

mank!

Tried to sign up to Audioscrobbler the other night and never got an email with my password :/ tried a few times since too.

S

stu

Originally posted by Scooba Da Bass
(see my sig for an example).

Most Played Songs
Andrew Wk - Party Hard ( 25 )

Get Out. Immediately.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Re: Re: 2 links

Originally posted by stu
Most Played Songs

Get Out. Immediately.

BEST SONG EVER!

O

old.knightoftheskY

Scooba do you need to be logged into the webiste, for your username to work on the client, or does it not matter? And also should it just connect automatically? I cant seem to connect with mine.

S

Scooba Da Bass

You don't need to be logged in, but when you type in your username and password remember to press enter after each one.

M

mank!

I still haven't got my email with the password ffs!

S

Sar

Re: Re: 2 links

Originally posted by stu
Most Played Songs

Get Out. Immediately.

That entire album is genius.

GENIUS I TELLS YA!

Even though every song sounds exactly the same, but nm.

:)

O

old.knightoftheskY

Scooba, with the Audioscrobbler thing, some people have this thing at the bottom of thier page which shows other users that have the same tastes as you do.

I don't have it, and neither do you. I just wondered if you could shed any light on this for me, but you might know as little about it as I do. It seems like quite a good feature though, and I can't help but feel that i'm missing out.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by old.knightoftheskY
Scooba, with the Audioscrobbler thing, some people have this thing at the bottom of thier page which shows other users that have the same tastes as you do.

I don't have it, and neither do you. I just wondered if you could shed any light on this for me, but you might know as little about it as I do. It seems like quite a good feature though, and I can't help but feel that i'm missing out.

From the FAQ;

· What are the conditions under which similarity data become available?

I am constantly making changes to this algorithm. Currently you have to have listened to over 200 songs before it considers you.

Also, unless it can find users that match you above a certain threshold it will not display any info. lots of 1% matchs are meaningless.

As a general rule, the more music, and the greater variety of music you play, the easier it is to match you to similar users.

It seems to come down to playing a lot of popularish music before you can get matches, however, he may well have tweaked it since then.

H

hoggsboss

anyway of using mediaseek without GAIN being installed on my system?

GAIN is evil :(

S

Scooba Da Bass

Adaware that mofo, mine runs fine without it.

O

old.Kez

Last time I tried audioscrobbler (not that long ago) it kept reading all my id3 tags as artist: Unknown. I suspect this is because of its own stupidity, and my using albumlist, which refreshes id3 tag contents on load, where-as this audioscrobbler thing doesn't seem to. Aren't the id3 headers at the end of the file, anyway? :\

Piece of shite, really. Go modular plugin!

Does mediaseek have the classic audiogalaxy "other users liked: artists" stuff? That was cool, it meant like, finding bands was easy, dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom