2 Hunter Questions!!!

X

xajorkith

1)
I use Lancer & Lunging Thrust as my default anytime style, but I see on VGN several peeps use Engage & Wounding Thrust, but why, they seem inferior to me?

2)
I can't make up my mind which RA's to go for, there seems to be two trends amongst Hunters:
a) Passives, Aug Dex, Aug Quick FE, Dodger, MoP and MoA.
b) FA2, IP + Purge and Avoid Pain

I can't decide on A or B route... any advice would be much appreciated, particularly by those that have any of these RAs.

Oh I'm level 50, (spec 45 CB, 39 SP, 35 ST, 32 BC), R3L1 with 11 points to spend (I bought TS) and have a BB and good kit.

TIA :) :D

T

Takhasis

i went TS, purge and aload of passives (dodger 2, fe2, mop2 etc etc)

works well for me, all depends on how u play m8 ;) dont copy everyone else - decide how YOU want to play

K

kameh

I'd echo Tak here, I went IP/purge/TS and to be honest I hate it and will be respecing back to some passives. Falcons eye etc are just too good to give up and I seriously miss my bow crits :(

purge is handy but IP usually just increases the amount of end the enemy has to use to kill you, I wouldn't really call it a life saver.

TS - maybe useful, but whenever I use it I find I'm totally outnumbered anyway :)

D

Driwen

Originally posted by xajorkith
1)
I use Lancer & Lunging Thrust as my default anytime style, but I see on VGN several peeps use Engage & Wounding Thrust, but why, they seem inferior to me?

engage wounding thrust have higher cap than lancer/lunging thrust (and more damage on every mob aswell). The herald+delv info is wrong and engage does outdamage lancer. I only use lancer/lunging thrust for PvE hunts when i dont want agro and dont have end regen, so cant use whirling spear(which is almost never). Lancer is prolly nice for its bleed follow ups on high level mobs, but they usually got bleed on them already.

about RA's dont really know got Volley getting purge and prolly IP after that. I do like volley but it isnt for the average hunter as it probably doesnt bring in as much rp's as other RA's would.

N

Nazghul-

I would spec for AP and purge. Then all the passives.

H

Hatt

I use..
After evade style (think its called extended reach) with engage as backup.
+ Followup/s

And the RAs.. i respecced to ip/purge/ap at 6l2 (which is what you need for ap2). Err.. so do as you like=)

U

Urme the Legend

I had TS, and some passive RP's before.. only RR3L5 atm.. but anyway I respecced to Purge + augcon3 + AP1.. and I don't regret it.

TS is bullshit if you solo alot.. either you find 5-6 stealthers.. or the midzerg will steal all your rp's :)

Anyway I will go for Avoid Pain 2 next.. after that some passive rp's and then AP3 for sure. I won't get TS or IP.. at least not before RR6+

U

uglymug

i use engage-wounding thrust for the bigger damage it does than the lancer-lunging thrust.. oh and the ASD wounding thrust does is a nice bonus ... apart from those i got razors edge and return thrust on the QB

as far as RA's go...i have TS and FA2 now ... only 150K rp to go for IP <cough> .. after that i'll prolly save up for purge

and TS isn't bullshit if you solo :p great fun uncovering 1 of 4 stealthers camping some MG just when a FG mids run by .. some of the other stealthers are bound to show themselves .. stand back and fire some arrows as the fg finishes them off .. takes good timing tho and will go horribly wrong some of the times ;)

D

Driwen

Originally posted by uglymug
i use engage-wounding thrust for the bigger damage it does than the lancer-lunging thrust.. oh and the ASD wounding thrust does is a nice bonus ... apart from those i got razors edge and return thrust on the QB

would use extended spear after return thrust though and wounding thrust is a snare not an ASD (perforate is the ASD which is nice to use in PvE hunts(once per mob) for RvR razors edge is way easier to pull off and does more damage though).

X

xajorkith

Thanks for the reply peeps :)

I'm still none the wiser about RA's :D .... but I'll practive the taunt chain on some grey Albs in DF :) and see how well it does compared to the anytime styles!!!

Users who are viewing this thread