2 accounts, 1 PC and NF.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Is this at all possible now ?

My system is Athlon XP 1800+, 1gig RAM, Radeon 9800. When I try to drag my BB into the frontiers I get reduced to a slideshow whenever any enemies appear. I only want to drop him off inside the disputed keep so he can rez me if needed but I always end up completely stuck until the enemy finds us and farms some lovely free RPs.

It still works fairly well in PvE but RvR is completely fucked now. Any ideas ppl ?

Gamah

Banned
Its probably all the action and high pollys in RvR now..in pve your mostly confined in small spaces..in RvR your pc has to render large open spaces..

Maybe lower graphics settings to minimum on both clients..not nice to look at but will reduce system load. I can see your processer is probably the problem 1800+ just won't hack 2 toa clients running in NF..if upgrading the proccesser to a 2600+ odd is an ok option for you this would be the first port of call.

I run 2 accounts ok with one client backgroud set to sleep, and if I set them both to never I drop down to about 10fps, which is crap but not a slide show as you say.
Alternativly take your chances and run the bot and main player to the keep seperatly.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Im running a amd xp2800+, 512 MB 400 MHX ddr, and a GE-ForceFX5950 ULTRA. with client sleep set to background, and CPU priorty for background services i have no problems at all..so im reckoning your CPU needs upgrading too.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
MAKE sure you are using client sleep..as this takes loads of strain off your graphics card and CPU.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I can't sleep him on the way to the keep though or he'll lose stick won't he ?

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Wij said:
I can't sleep him on the way to the keep though or he'll lose stick won't he ?

I still lose stick sleep or not..so cant say tbh

Helme

Resident Freddy
Funny enought, when my clients is in sleep mode I can stick myself quite good. The server don't stop tracking that accounts movement just becouse you do :eek:

Kede

Fledgling Freddie
I am running on a 1,8 Ghz pentium, 512 ddr pc2100 ram, GF3 128. I used to use 2 accounts, 1 for BB, 1 for scout.
I put BB at Snowdonia Fortress, where there are almost no people. I can play ok, except when there are 50-75+ players in one setting, then I lag too much.
I use /effects none on both accounts.

So yes, its definately possible.

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
my PC runs 2 acc's no probs in NF, both instances in 1280x1024. no drop in fps or anything, except entering massive zergs when its gotta load stuff, i dont pre-cache btw but it fps dont drop much i get around 30 95% of the time.

p4 540 @ 3.3ghz
1 gb ddr 400 corsair TWINX1024-PC3200C2 Pro
ABIT AS8 LGA775 mobo
Asus ATI Radeon 9800XT
and all the other normal pc stuff, but awesome quality gear ofc, SATA HDD's etc

Spudgie

Fledgling Freddie
ATI cards have some issues if you select Background Services for your CPU priority. Not sure about the X6/800s but 9600/9800 certainly do. I have a 9600XT and changing this always crashes my system when I try to run a DirectX game.

soze

I am a FH squatter
When i run two accouts the only way bot stays stuck is with clientsleep minimized then i dont have any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom