Film 2 1/2 Hours To Go!!!!111!!!1!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't know, I doubt we'll ever see anything like the stories that emerged about Jimmy Saville (for example) happening nowadays.

Your last point was what I was thinking too. I would hope that kids know more now what is and isn't "right" and are much more comfortable telling parents/siblings/friends/teachers/etc about it if something inappropriate happens.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I would hope that kids know more now what is and isn't "right" and are much more comfortable telling parents/siblings/friends/teachers/etc about it if something inappropriate happens.

I think very young children need age appropriate sexual education that covers this. It's the *only* thing that can help alleviate the problem - it has to come from them unfortunately.

However - I don't see how anything's going to change for the so-called nubiles - i.e. girls from the age of 10 and up who, technically, can have kids and have a strong sex drive of their own - and that a lot of men simply find attractive. Consentual sex is going to continue to happen for this group that falls outside of the law. This also goes for young boys who have a helluva sex drive and who are experimenting sexually - sometimes that'll happen with older men who take advantage of their emotional immaturity.

Rightly or wrongly these feelings are out there and it's incredibly difficult to stop them happening. We can us the ban stick and make it illegal - but that doesn't stop it happening.

I don't think we're capable as a species of having a mature and adult debate on the matter tbh. Certainly not at the moment.

But yeah - I'd like to think Jimmy Saville or institutional abuse couldn't happen any more. I'm just not so sure that's actually the case...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom