1st thoghts on SI

S

Sharma

what do you think?

what love/hate?

i think its a vast improvemeent with ambient music, its very calming and the new GFX is lush.

put up your thoughts :D

S

SFXman

It's great! I am just a "tad bit" disappointed at the buggy reaver style animation(s), Blacksnake for example... looks hilarious.

M

mcirvine

graphics are wonderfull, played a necro for a bit and is fun too.

M

mirieth

So far, so good :D

Graphics are great and the new area, for Albion at least, seems great so far.

The new soundtrack is cool.

Reavers are uber :p

It's like playing a whole new game again, which is great, having a whole new unexplored area to get lost in again :D

S

Slinker

My two pet hates so far

1 the crappy Diablo music
2 the crappy Diablo item generator

Fed up of finding unique magical items with bonuses , but no stats :p , apart from that very nice , I'm sure its a bit choppy though .

O

Ossa

Great!!

Yeah I agree, although I played the US version a lot ,it's nice to see the new zones and classes.

As yet tho haven`t started one, been educating the wife in the art of playing a Cleric.........so she can keep me alive!!

The sound is nice and well what can I say about the graphics, smooth, nice textures, good colour and even tho i`m way above spec I'd say much better FPS in cities and highly populated zones.

Now thats enough talk, I gotta play some more )

T

Tobold

im pissed off, on both my computers the new water effects+shadows don't work, and yes i have activated them in the options menu

M

Melodic

well until I get a new gfx card I hate it...

i have a 32mb card and was hoping it would be enough but my fps in the new zones is apalling (I turn 90 degrees at a time) and even in normal hibernia it is a bit jerky for me.

At least I hope it is the gfx card...I would hope that a XP 2200+ and 512mb ram would be enough.

O

Ossa

I`m running an XP2200 512mb and a GForce 4 32mb in 1280 x 1024 with no probs, might wanna try a driver update or dx9.

O

old.Tbird

I put 5 levels on my Bonedancer by the lake at Aegirs Landing, liked the water so much I didn't want to move inland :) And yes it does convey that 'new' feeling that classic daoc did all that time ago. I think we will need a sticky thread though saying dont even try turning the nice stuff on without a 128mb graphics card!

A

ajeroth

I made a little investment a few weeks back, to ensure I could see SI in all its glory, and damn I was a happy person last night looking at the (imho) superb graphics upgrades.

In Midgard Aegir's Landing, watching the shadow from a flying beastie pass over me, while my own shadow was keeping up with weapon styles, blocks, parries and the skellet I was fighting at the time..lovely. Sometimes the water reflections are a little dodgy, but most of the time it just looks sooooo nice.

And I had a little journey into the Albion expansion, and that keep near the harbour is spot on. Its what keeps should look like.

Im quite impressed with SI so far, even the ambient music isnt annoying yet. I do have a little problem with the SI transparent interface though - inventory item names only have the top half of the text. Normal SI and classic interfaces do not have this problem. The zones look well detailed though, if only the rest of the game had had this detail...

Bah, I still remember the first time I saw a sunset in DAoC, Im well chuffed with the game from start to finish. Yeah, there could be tweaking here and there but everyone has their own ideas about what is and isnt 'overpowered'.

Comp specs:
Xp2800
1Gb ram
Gf4ti4600
Audigy2, with the latest Creative Inspire6.1 surround sound set
Nildram ADSL

Just need to swap my monitor for something decent, and Il be future upgradable for...ooh...about four months.

O

old.Emma

i love it.. last night was the first TG raid we did.. 40-50 people full effects on and it was smooth :D no fps lag at all :D even when casting like crazy no lag at all :D

and omg the new zones are huge.. spent 1-2 hours yesterday just running around middies SI zones.

T

tripitaka

Valewalker / brasil

Nice water. Rolled a forester / valewalker last night - Brasil is quite pretty - with all those big trees n greenery. - havent been too far out there in brasil yet tho. Wanted to get a few lvls in hib first then come back and take a look around.

Definate difference in the trees, water and all round performance.

Shadows look groovy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom