1st Legendary drop !!?

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
I think it dropped a few days in US after the patch was release so i'd say it is kind of old news.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
All new, news to me, as its the first I've heard of it.

Not surprising though, considering I don't slavishly follow whats been dropping on the US servers, so a little linky like this from Ashander is most welcome. :clap:

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
That's pretty awesome though, I eagerly await the whingers and whiners who are going to raise hell about how this will 'unbalance' the game ;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
But they shouldn't listen to the Americans because we all know they are stupid people who whine about anything and everything.

A typical example is the Warlock forum the people in there are silly beyond imagination, they make the class sound totally crap in every way possible.

I play a Warlock and enjoy every second i'm playing him pvp i find fun and have rarely lost my fights, these guys seem to lose everyone.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
That's pretty awesome though, I eagerly await the whingers and whiners who are going to raise hell about how this will 'unbalance' the game ;)

Indeed.
Providing they keep such item drops incredibly rare, this actually works to the benefit of everyone else.

We'll be out happily playing in PvP and having fun, while the hardcore players spend months farming away for an item with a very small chance of dropping that will really make very little overall difference to their success anyway.

Its kind of like an idiot trap. :D

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Sendraks said:
while the hardcore players spend months farming away for an item with a very small chance of dropping that will really make very little overall difference to their success anyway.

I know i will :D

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Rumour was floating around that it is supposidly part of an artifact.

Also wasn't this discovered about 2 weeks ago? Or at least it seems that long since when saw it on the US boards.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh it isnt really *that* good - there are certainly items with comparable stats, so i cant see it unbalancing anything.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
Tbh it isnt really *that* good - there are certainly items with comparable stats, so i cant see it unbalancing anything.
Please do show any other necklace with comparable stats. :)

As for unbalancing things, not likely.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Please do show any other necklace with comparable stats. :)

As for unbalancing things, not likely.

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=19086
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=14039

Both have much better stats, 36 and 35, compared to 26 for the legendary. The legendary then boosts nice resists, which i guess make it better but as i said, hardly uncomparable to the other 2 :) The special ability seems meaningless (4 dmg to someone that hits you when people have 4000+ hits at 60 etc).
I would ofc use it if i got it, but i would not be heartbroken if i could not get it. At least WoW isnt so equipment dependant as DAoC's endgame - you can make do with just decent items, you dont have to have the very best to be viable (while it still offers some benefits to those willing to farm their asses off for any edge ^^ ).

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
the resists are what make it awesome woudl have this in my set

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
the resists are what make it awesome would have this in my set

so you'd rather have resists instead of int + spirit ?

tbh i don't find it _that_ awesome either.. i'll post what i've got when i get home this evening.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
The special ability seems meaningless (4 dmg to someone that hits you when people have 4000+ hits at 60 etc).
Not everything is created for PvP usage though.

Any reverse-procs that damage is great for helping Paladins (somewhat) and Warriors (easier) keep aggro.

And yes, resists do count. (especially when stacked together)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I like it that its not the be all and end all YBER items.

Thats where daoc was crap, if somoene had an artifact, pretty much them > you.

But in wow, someone has a legendary item, oh noes!11.

You can get items which have better stat adds, and personally as a rogue, when im fighting in pvp against a mage, im disappointed in myself when i allow him to get a cast off. And even if he does, its usually a frost nova, then followed by frostbolt, because they would rather freeze me to reduce my move speed than try to nuke me before i get to them and gouge them.

Keltic

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:

lol yup here come the QQers and whiners the arti campers an greed that will change wow into another camallote :-(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I would think that resists in this game are as important as in Diablo.

Same features in skilltrees, drops and helluva lot of things more as diablo atleast.

Nobody thinks much of resists but i'd personally like to get them maxed out first. Having 25% in fire resisitance means 1/4 of fire doesn't make hurt. Atleast would think so...

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Having 25% in fire resisitance means 1/4 of fire doesn't make hurt. Atleast would think so...

I dont think resist numbers mean that that number is subtracted in percentage from damage you suffer. I think the formula is more complex than that, and less effective than a straight % reduction.

Remember that resists arent even given in %, just as a number.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Meant to say that one in four fire damages doesn't go through, as in, quarter of spells don't land or sumthing.

I'd like it to be that simple of a formula, taking into consideration the opposing forces +% ofcourse.

Why go all the way making strange formulas on something so simple.

If i have 100% resistance, i not hurt.

If i have 50% resistance, i hurt half the time.

But alas...probly not like that...

EDIT: Especially since it IS numbers(i blame my non game owning self for that)....what's up with that? :eek6:

Percentage would work so much better.

Keltic

Fledgling Freddie
:worthy: Heed fanas words of wisdom, you would do well to study them :worthy:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
Meant to say that one in four fire damages doesn't go through, as in, quarter of spells don't land or sumthing.

I'd like it to be that simple of a formula, taking into consideration the opposing forces +% ofcourse.

Why go all the way making strange formulas on something so simple.

If i have 100% resistance, i not hurt.

If i have 50% resistance, i hurt half the time.

But alas...probly not like that...

EDIT: Especially since it IS numbers(i blame my non game owning self for that)....what's up with that? :eek6:

Percentage would work so much better.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/resistances.html

Just about everything you need to know can either be read or extrapolated from that link. Enjoy. :)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
Oooh. Well now i get it, makes sense a bit more too.

Though i do like straight percentages....nah...that works too. Oh well.
Straight percentages would have been nice for everyone, if "everyone" didn't use any spells. :D

Either that or mutually exclusive resistances. Each +1% in fire resistance would grant -1% in frost resistance, etc.

/em shivers at the thought of what spellcrafting did to Daoc.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Whisperess said:
SEither that or mutually exclusive resistances. Each +1% in fire resistance would grant -1% in frost resistance, etc.

That ain't a bad idea by the way.

With the same you cold have physical and magical resistances, also working in the same principle.

You could have a tank that could ake a beating from 20 taurens for a solid 15 minutes, but also at the same time if a mage farted in your general direction, you'd go down faster then paris hilton.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
A warrior on my server had 84 fire resistance, tested it vs a shaman's fire spell(can't remember name of it) and he only had one resist out of twelve.

Chilly

Balls of steel
the only reason you can get by with average items is because its early in the game, in a year itl be just like daoc - people with capped out stats (if its possible) or at least as capped out as they can get and people camping/selling the uber drops and such - enjoy it while it lasts chumps!

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
the only reason you can get by with average items is because its early in the game, in a year itl be just like daoc - people with capped out stats (if its possible) or at least as capped out as they can get and people camping/selling the uber drops and such - enjoy it while it lasts chumps!

Selling - well some, but much of the uberstuff is BOP
Camping - nope :) almost all of the uberstuff is in instances

And the pvp gear can only be gotten by doing lots of pvp. Although you are ofc right that most people that have played a while will have an equipment edge on those that just dinged 60. Remains to be seen how much of an advantage a really strong equipment setup really is.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It would be rather silly if you couldn't "max out", so to say, in a game.

It would be fun ofcourse if you could always upgrade, but that's like asking to fight a new mob every hour. Limits are to every game, and in time people will be maxed out. Only thing i hope WoW does, is to give enough range on the "max out" items so that basicly you don't have the same cookiecutter templates on each char.

If you catch my undercurrent.

CplCarrot

Fledgling Freddie
nice to see you around Brynn :)

Anyhoo, I think this item is rather good and will make quite a difference against casters, BUT I'm also pleased that its not stupidly overpowered, a full set of oranges would be though - but I assume they are all bind on pickup and you are probably more likely to win 8 mil on the lottery than get 3 of these in a year.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
It would be rather silly if you couldn't "max out", so to say, in a game.

It would be fun ofcourse if you could always upgrade, but that's like asking to fight a new mob every hour. Limits are to every game, and in time people will be maxed out. Only thing i hope WoW does, is to give enough range on the "max out" items so that basicly you don't have the same cookiecutter templates on each char.

If you catch my undercurrent.

Well there are no caps on stats and resists etc ingame, so you cant really max out in the daoc fashion. You can however get as strong a setup as is possible with the current items in the game. Noone can have both very high stats and very high resists though - its just not possible with the items available in this iteration of the game. You can realistically hope to have very high numbers in 3 stats, and maybe 2 resists or so, with some nice special item abilities thrown into the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom