[WARRIOR PRIEST] 1h or 2h now the tomes have been buffed?

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
As the title says, i've always been 2h on my WP but with the patch of the tomes having better stats, it could be viable going 1h again...

Any idea on damage difference between 1h and 2h?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Well since I went grace I shifted to the 2-handed. PoD with LtD (prayer of devotion/ leading the prayer) is amazingly nice.

Divine Strike also got buffed quite a lot, so I just handed in my tome ;)

Regarding the change in damage, can't really tell as I wasn't hitting that many things before.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Been playing since patch went live on my WP and switched over to 1h with tome, noticeable difference, the damage isn't much different either, benefits being 9 RF regen every second, and more stats buffed, faster swinging weapon and being able to kill much faster

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Well, apparently the only thing you miss out damage-wise while having a tome equipped is the auto-damage. While using abilities it's been tested that tomes have hidden dps that equates more or less the damage to the same levels as when using a 2 handed hammer.

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
But seriously, OMG at the healing you can dish out now with the RF regen on books...

2 scenarios from today...

healing1lz4.jpg

and

healing2hy7.jpg

Only problem i have now is global cooldown and the totally annying delays at the end of casts.

Oh BTW, if you want an epic tome that's easily accessible, the T1 HE/DE epic quest line gives one as reward :p
Quest is called "Among The Shadows" if you wanna look it up.

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
Well, apparently the only thing you miss out damage-wise while having a tome equipped is the auto-damage. While using abilities it's been tested that tomes have hidden dps that equates more or less the damage to the same levels as when using a 2 handed hammer.

Have to point out that if you use a dps meter and check logs, you will find that auto damage ,while not shown in animations, is a big chunk of damage. At one point my auto attack damage for various melee characters was around 30%.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I went 1h + book and have to say the damage has not dropped enough to worry me. The healing increase from better stats was well worth it. Really noticed the Divine Strike.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Have to point out that if you use a dps meter and check logs, you will find that auto damage ,while not shown in animations, is a big chunk of damage. At one point my auto attack damage for various melee characters was around 30%.

Yeah I know, depends on the playstyle ofc, but special attacks still remain considerably good to make 1h + tome viable

plim

Fledgling Freddie
i use 1 H and tome for faster RF regain whitch is nice and now we at the warrior priest i can ask how your specc are ?

im full grace and rest on salvation and its going good but im allwayes looking for new wayes to do things so speak up :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I've found grace/wraith spec & 2h is A LOT more damage than 1h/book.

Then again, according to WHA, books without level req.'s are bugged. =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom