Caer Sidi Raid..

Saturday 1pm English (BST) time / 2pm cet time

Hosted by Gandagorn n Saxo

Major rules-
1. There is no RR5+ only rule
2. Only players of level 48 and above may lotto for items
3. There is no preclaiming
4. Need to be lvl 46+ for stone
5. If you release or somthing you are out of the raid. Last raid we did ended in a totaly chaos over 20 wanted some other guy to lotto for em. Now this is over. If you Release and really want to get back in the lotto you must find your own way back to Caer sidi. IF it could be very sadly that some bug make you fell thought the floor etc. You might still be abel to lotto
6. When we are gonna lotto at Gott Harbor you HAVE 100% to be there 10min after wipeout n release. We cannot have this totaly screwed up again. Come whit the character you was at the raid.

Standard raid rules:
-Anon off please.
-Going afk for long periods of time will be penalised with a warning** and if more is afkness is persistant bannings will be given
-Patience is needed. Certain parts of the raid are simple zergs. Others require a little more time and technique, the more patient and cooperative people are, the quicker these bits go.
-Drops should be given to me as soon as they are dropped. Sooner I have them, sooner raid progresses.
-Make sure you are in the CG from when we enter sidi.... i will take a screenshot of the CG listing and if you are not on that list and no-one can vouch for your presence on the raid then you will not recieve an item if you win it in the lottory
-Players will do as they are told at all times, if i have to ask more than once for you to do something and you still do not co-operate, a warning** will be given.
-Understand that leading whilst answering numerous private messages means that things have to slow down, try to make sure that all necessary pm's take place before the raid starts
-Excessive spamage of the main chat band is forbidden

**3 warnings mean a ban from lotto

Lotto rules:

-Lotto for respec stones will be first, if u roll for a stone u cannot roll for other drops, this is so all stones get used and not sold on.
-One item per person, need before greed, expect to see no one selling stuff straight after raid on trade forums....
-Where possible items will go to ppl who have most suitable spec.
-Min lvl for enterintg respec stone is lvl 46
-Min lvl for lotto of items is 48
-Players may only bid on an item if their class and spec can use it. There is one exception to this rule, and that is Sidi Armour. Since the goal is to gather a full suit of this armour. Having said this, armour which is not part of the full Sidi suit depends on spec.
-Apoc neckies will go to those with full suits of sidi armour, any with full set should pm me before the raid to make an arangement
-U may only lotto for weapon dye IF u have a Sidi weapon
-Group friendly classes may bring their group friendly class and roll for a lvl48 alt. Current list of group friendly classes....
-Clerics(ABOVE ALL)
-Theurgists(pet spam important)
-Necromancers
-Paladins
-Minimum level of the alt you lotto for is 48
-If ppl wish to do this they MUST pm and tell me BEFORE we enter SIDI
-There will be no RR5+ only rule on apoc weapons, this is because it is petti and pointless... the .3 of extra dps is equal to the amount of DPS lost when you lose 1% condition on a masterpiece weapon. How many of you can honestly say you run around with a 100% condition sword all of the time, i doubt there is many. Falcor goes on about the speed of the weapon, i highly doubt that this would effect the damage output significantly enough to justify that RR4 or below who help kill apocalypse can't have the weapon.

DO NOT BIND AT GWYNTELL LOTTO WILL BE AT GOTHWAITE HARBOUR OR AT APOCALYPSE

I hope everyone will have a good raid and that there will be lots of rewards for your efforts to go around.

Best Regards
Saxo&Gandagorn

O

old.Kian

I've always wanted to know about the sidi raid rules - why aren't friars on the 'group-friendly' class list?

Friars not only melee - they're providing base buffs to their group, they act as backup healers (more than once I've been the ONLY healer in a group on a sidi raid) and they have a heat resist buff that's fairly useful in the final Apocalypse encounter. I'd say that's enough to justify including them on the list.

Note - I'm not asking or this for any personal reason, if I bring my friar it'll be to lotto for friar drops even if I do get an alt to 50 by Saturday. I do think raid organisers might want to consider this though.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Gandagorn
5. If you release or somthing you are out of the raid. Last raid we did ended in a totaly chaos over 20 wanted some other guy to lotto for em. Now this is over. If you Release and really want to get back in the lotto you must find your own way back to Caer sidi. IF it could be very sadly that some bug make you fell thought the floor etc. You might still be abel to lotto
Fine, perfectly sensible - no arguments. But further down

-If you desperately(MUST BE DESPERATE NEED, A LOT OF PPL JUST LEAVE CUZ THEY CANT BE BOTHERED TO STAY FOR ONE ITEM, NOT AN EXCUSE) need to leave before the lotto, you may get someone else to represent you in the lotto. However, he will only be able to bid on drops which dropped before you left, and you must pm me when you leave saying who shall be bidding for you.
Says the opposite.

If your going to just cut'n'paste these 'rules' from some other thread you could at least bother to read them, remove the parts that dont apply, and the parts you dont agree with.

Removing the blatant stupidity from them wouldnt be a bad idea either.

D

Draylor

Re: Re: 18th October Saxo & Gandagorns PUBLIC caer sidi raid

Looking more closely theres other conflicting sections. Sort them out before you we have a 10 page whine thread as a result on Saturday please

G

Gandagorn

Draylor

thank you :) we didn´t saw it =) cheers

F

Fagane

If I remember correctly one of the people making these rules did start a big whine in a Sidi Raid them selves when they died or got into a wall bug.

Fagane

F

Flimgoblin

A suggestion to verify if someone was at the raid -
switch your chat log on
/say after keylord <X>
or /say just entering sidi etc. (i.e. wherever you're at)
/cg who
switch chat log off

lets you check back in your logs if there's any disputes as to whether someone was there - of course it doesn't stop someone just joining the cg at the start and never going to sidi :)

D

Draylor

Well since you fixed some - but not all - of the obvious problems with the rules heres a few more.

Originally posted by Gandagorn
2. Only players of level 48 and above may lotto for items
4. Need to be lvl 46+ for stone

which isnt exactly consistent with

-Min lvl for entering lotto is 45.
-Min lvl for lotto of weapons is 48
or with

-Minimum level of the group friendly class you take is 45
-Minimum level of the alt you lotto for is 50

The final section has been cut'n'paste a hundred times or so, isnt it about time to retire Aligro's anti-Falcor rant?

-There will be no RR5+ only rule on apoc weapons, this is because it is petti and pointless... the .3 of extra dps is equal to the amount of DPS lost when you lose 1% condition on a masterpiece weapon. How many of you can honestly say you run around with a 100% condition sword all of the time, i doubt there is many. Falcor goes on about the speed of the weapon, i highly doubt that this would effect the damage output significantly enough to justify that RR4 or below who help kill apocalypse can't have the weapon.

G

Gandagorn

Gandagorn

Draylor your are going to much op in this stuff.. We make raids because we think is fun :)

D

Draylor

The 10 page whine threads the day after caused by someone that cant be bothered reading the garbage they cut'n'paste as a "Im doing a sidi raid" thread is not fun :)

As it stands just now people have no idea which bits you actually mean and which you dont.

M

matmardigan

ohhh Noooooo u 2 guys again, remeber monday, what a raid :)

plz dont let us wait again because u 2 guys must eat, go toilet or somethink like that :)

O

old_saxo

haha will do mate :) soz , and please stop flame the thread =)

Fagane
Talks too much!

If I remember correctly one of the people making these rules did start a big whine in a Sidi Raid them selves when they died or got into a wall bug.

Fagane

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Draylor
The 10 page whine threads the day after caused by someone that cant be bothered reading the garbage they cut'n'paste as a "Im doing a sidi raid" thread is not fun :)

As it stands just now people have no idea which bits you actually mean and which you dont.

Yep - it'd be pretty cack to spend 6 hours in sidi at level 45 thinking you were able to get a drop and then find out you're using the first part of your rules :)

So, what's the minimum level for the lotto?

is it:
48? or 45?
or 46 for stones?

F

Flimgoblin

can you clarify what the lotto is? is it 45, 46 or 48?

O

old_saxo

Let me make it short n easy for you

lvl 46+ stone
lvl 48+ items

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old_saxo
Let me make it short n easy for you

lvl 46+ stone
lvl 48+ items

right - post that in the rules then and don't be so fecking patronising - your rules make very little sense taken together - see Draylor's post.

O

old_saxo

Filmgoblin mind close the door after you :) thanks

T

thorwyntf

But Saxo.. please

You copy/paste fragments of random Sidi lotto rules together because you apparently cba to figure them our yourself and because there has to be a certain ammount of text in the "lotto rules" section. Those fragments are contradicting each other because you didn´t bother reading them all yourself. People notice and ask about clarification (after all you want THEM to come and support YOUR raid and follow YOUR orders) and you´re getting snooty on them?

O

old_saxo

them = filmgoblin only

but ye i understand you

we have read the stuff like 5 times now and we yet havent manage to deleate what make people confused. o_O really bah

T

Thamiles

Hard to write or make your own rules if you cant spell them correctly.

Good luck on raid dont have time or patience to come.

D

dominguera

very very bad lotto... doing first armsman gloves than 2h sword.. and weapon dye remover at the start...

Z

Zalok

The lotto was really bad :p
Gandagorn lotto his drops and later Saxo lotto the drops he has.

Mixed items and too a hauberk not give to his real winner.
Btw veeery loong time too
:confused:

No offence but no start a raid if u cant finish :p
6+ hours for this :/, i leave the lotto before that finished and more people cuz that was sad :mad:

H

hercules-df

u ppl take the game too seriously, it was one of the better raids ive been on, not that ive been to LOTS, we did quite well considering our numbers and the odd on the verge of being wiped out split up the usual mind numbing boredom of sidi raids, does it really matter what order items are lottoed in? maybe u should stick to the RR5+ "MUST GET RPS MUST GET L33T ITEMZZ" type raids.

I got a Wizzy Robe :D imagine that, only a noob RR4 wizard, with this, i was expecting tons of YOU SUCK! MY RR7 ALT WIZ SHOULD GET THAT type shit but none at all.

enough of this shit im going out

F

Flimgoblin

it's a principle thing :) if people don't feel a lotto is fair the feel they've been ripped off - it might well be a game :) but it's 6 hours of someones time to be ripped off.... not a good feeling :)

Users who are viewing this thread