177 tries for an MP long dirk

K

knockout

so if i for some reason call you names if ya ask me to make ya 1, dont be offended. Ill recover from it one day.

Got almost bankrupted from it also. on the other hand got loads of 99% quality long dirks that im selling now to whoever needs one.

Due to my close bankruptcy ill be selling them a bit above what i normally do at 400g. contact me online.

90% chances ill be playing mackie instead of my 50s .

Z

-Ziro-

Dont feel bad, I used more than 200 retries making af 102 leather vest and I havent got it yet. Thats about 40g each retry.

Went from 1141 to 1160 in tailoring trying to make it and it was blue/green con so that says alot.

Had to stop trying for a while to keep me from going mad but then today I made 3 MPs in a row ah well (not the vest tho) :)

O

old.Fangrim

It is things like this people need to think about when they start nagging that prices for MPs are too high!

Not only does the crafter run a considerable risk giving a fixed price on an MP, but thay also have to sit for countless hours making it.

THIS is why we charge that much for MPs!

'nuff said.

A

Aussie-

you don't have to generalise bad luck.
i gave Carol today 150g to make me 99qua af102 studded boots.
she made a MP.
my brother ordered a 99qua guarded rapier. Mishy made a MP from first hit.

your point?

N

Novamir

the point is that it can take up to 200 tries for a MP and this is why the prices for them are so high?

not too hard to understand :great:

L

lofff

i can smell my mp sledge coming, but i can smell my 2.5plat leaving too :D Imo, the effort and dedicattion from those players who spent hours and hours crafting by YOUR request has no price. I will ask Lara to marry me tho :kiss2:

O

old.Fangrim

Yeah... Yesterday I had someone bitching at me because I charged 4.5p for a full set MP cloth. S/he said that s/he could get it easily for 3p everywhere else... *sigh*

M

Mishy

Originally posted by Novamir
the point is that it can take up to 200 tries for a MP and this is why the prices for them are so high?

not too hard to understand :great:

that's exactly the point - which is why its hard to answer the "how much for a mp <insert random weapon here>" question.

S

'Shy

Urgh! And I thought 88 retries for cloth arms was bad! I think I'd go insane!

K

Kagato.

Well you made me my masterpiece partizan in 13 tries mackie, so its not all bad luck :D

Z

zlair

Mackie (a.k.a. Knockout) I will be u 4ever gratefull...

Those MPs rocks ;) (even tho I havn't tried em, I'm showing them to everyone - they'll prolly lose CON be4 my inf actually gets to 50 :p )

B

Bleri McThrust

Spent Saturday making Large Reinforced Shields. Made 122 without getting an MP then gave up :(

Sunday Was making Medium and Small. 18 Med for an MP and 6 Small for an MP.

What can you say. 1 in 50 chance is a 1 in 50 chance each attempt Its hard to explain that to people :(

O

old.LandShark

Got my MP sabre/small reinforced shield just before Mackie hit 1065 (WC cap! grats etc) and I thought my 43 tries was pretty unlucky until he told me later in the evening of his 177-attempt long dirk :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom