Aussie

Banned
Patch 1.54
US: Tuesday, November 11, 2002
EU: [15-01-2003] Patch day & notice.

65 days behind

Patch 1.57
US: Thursday, December 12, 2002
EU: [19-02-2003] Shrouded Isles is here !

69 days behind

Patch 1.60
US: Monday, February 24, 2003
EU: [24-04-2003] Patch 1.60 : live on all servers !

59 days behind

Patch 1.61
US: Tuesday, April 1, 2003
EU: [6-08-2003] 1.62 : Up & Running !

128 days behind

Patch 1.65
US: October 8, 2003
EU: [3-02-2004] Patch 1.65 up and ready on all servers !

118 days behind

Patch 1.68
US: February 19, 2004
EU: [29-04-2004] 1.68 is here !

60 days behind

Patch 1.69
US: April 14, 2004
EU: [29-07-2004] 1.69 up and running

106 days behind

Spirou

Fledgling Freddie
These whines getting very old very fast.
Go post some "GLATZ ON RR2191+2 MEIGHT!!1111" thread instead if you wanna up your postcount ;o

Botond

Fledgling Freddie
Spirou said:
These whines getting very old very fast.
Go post some "GLATZ ON RR2191+2 MEIGHT!!1111" thread instead if you wanna up your postcount ;o

how Goa guys would know form that we can count and they work slow and do poor job?thx 4 uberlag mega meightz,once my acc expire dont count on meh monneh anymore :m00:

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
If you work in the IT business, youll know dates can slip and slip, problems crop up that you didnt expect, in this case not just in the patch code but also other related systems.

I for one would rather see the time on pestering opentransit over the lag of the last month than patch to NF with all haste.

Mairghead

Fledgling Freddie
Botond said:
how Goa guys would know form that we can count and they work slow and do poor job?thx 4 uberlag mega meightz,once my acc expire dont count on meh monneh anymore :m00:

Length of time before implementation of a patch does not necessarily mean that anyone is working slowly or poorly. Yes, countless hundreds of players are drooling in anticipation of NF and are demonstrating signs of frustration, but you can't compare 1.70 with previous patches as it has a much wider impact on the game and requires lengthy and careful testing. As others have previously said, the fact that the patch was tested in the US does not mean that it can go without testing in the Euro servers, as our unique combinations of coding can (and do) produce bugs that the Americans have never seen.

Testing is undoubtedly what is taking place and the product will be released when it's ready and not before, as the GMs have also said. Surely nobody wants an unnecessarily bugged release, due to hasty/rushed testing?

So, chill and use your counting expertise on something else!

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Botond said:

You are too kind to the community Botond :pPP

Csak vicceltem :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
So what we can see here is that some patches take longer to translate than others... i'm in shock, who knew? :eek6:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
blame translations, i bet it adds an extra month or two to the patching process (ein bug hier m8s huhu)

Aussie

Banned
Mairghead said:
Testing is undoubtedly what is taking place and the product will be released when it's ready and not before, as the GMs have also said. Surely nobody wants an unnecessarily bugged release, due to hasty/rushed testing?
136 days behind, do you really think EU is gonna find new undiscovered bugs?
the thing that always go wrong is the patchday itself. Servers are _always_ down 4-5 hours longer then they announced in the news . :eek:

Botond

Fledgling Freddie
Mairghead said:
Length of time before implementation of a patch does not necessarily mean that anyone is working slowly or poorly. Yes, countless hundreds of players are drooling in anticipation of NF and are demonstrating signs of frustration, but you can't compare 1.70 with previous patches as it has a much wider impact on the game and requires lengthy and careful testing. As others have previously said, the fact that the patch was tested in the US does not mean that it can go without testing in the Euro servers, as our unique combinations of coding can (and do) produce bugs that the Americans have never seen.

So, chill and use your counting expertise on something else!

well,u cant blame translation takes longer thats why ppl mass LD all the time for 3-4weeks now,for such poor service they even dare to ask money.To be fair they shouldnt charge for last month,as i hardly managed to play 5mins without 20sec lagspike that caused half finished ML raids,loads of xp death,and made me waste my time.Dont think it gets any better as all working as intended,so no more monneh from meh.

Mairghead

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
136 days behind, do you really think EU is gonna find new undiscovered bugs?
the thing that always go wrong is the patchday itself. Servers are _always_ down 4-5 hours longer then they announced in the news . :eek:

Yes. Read what the Gms have been saying. They already have.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Surely you can speed up the entire translation process,

for French - replace the with ze
for German - replace the with da and add ien at the end of every other word.

Mairghead

Fledgling Freddie
Botond said:
well,u cant blame translation takes longer thats why ppl mass LD all the time for 3-4weeks now,for such poor service they even dare to ask money.To be fair they shouldnt charge for last month,as i hardly managed to play 5mins without 20sec lagspike that caused half finished ML raids,loads of xp death,and made me waste my time.Dont think it gets any better as all working as intended,so no more monneh from meh.

Clearly the translation parts are done or they wouldn't be beta testing it on Gorre. The GMS have said that the reason NF isn't released yet is because it isn't ready. They've also released several communications detailing bugs found and fixed, some of which were brand new to the Euro servers. Did you think they would be sitting on a product that they could release, just out of spite?

The OpenTransit lag spike issue is also driving me nuts, but it's a seperate issue and I also don't actually see how it means that GOA is providing a poor service. That's like saying that you couldn't get to the football because the bus service was cancelled, so it's the stadium's fault.

None of the GOA staff have said that the lag spikes are part of anything "working as intended". so I also don't see where you get that from. They've asked for our help in providing evidence that can be presented to the service provider. That's reasonable enough, isn't it?

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
actually the version we've got is:

so knock a month off that total ;)
It's as Flimgoblin said, 1.70 patch was frozen on the 28th of June although Mythic didn't decide this at the time (they was still patching 1.70 on Pendragon). GOA wouldn't have been provided with any files for translation until Mythic had frozen the patch.

Still a long time, but not all of the delay being posted here is down to GOA.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Maleg said:
It's as Flimgoblin said, 1.70 patch was frozen on the 28th of June although Mythic didn't decide this at the time (they was still patching 1.70 on Pendragon). GOA wouldn't have been provided with any files for translation until Mythic had frozen the patch.

Still a long time, but not all of the delay being posted here is down to GOA.

July :) not June ;)

they had a month of beta testing it for us in the US too :)

Taardad

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
At least we will get Catacombs in the same month as in the US :)

Are you sure? wooot if it's true

tho you were probably being sarcastic

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Taardad said:
Are you sure? wooot if it's true

tho you were probably being sarcastic

I'd imagine catacombs (fixed version) would be around february again - that's when we got ToA and SI anyway.

Toa was released the end of october rather than december but it had a long long live-beta in the US :) (1.66)

SI was a december release in the US IIRC.

Painbringer

Fledgling Freddie
The lag is really bad atm, good thing another Guild Wars beta weekend coming up. The lag on Gorre server last night was unplayable was having an awesome fight at Blendrake, the castle was in ruins with hibs inside, mids attacking one side and albs attacking otherside, but the lag ruined it eventually coz of mass ld or 20 secs of lag so you miss an entire fight and die without a clue how you died /sigh. The lag on Excal is pretty bad also, was doing guild arti hunt the other night and we had 2fg doing Bracer of Zo'arkat encounter, was on the 8th wave of mobs so was getting to the tough ones and just as we pulled the mobs was massive server lag where half of us went ld and the rest had about 20 secs of lag and by the end of it were all dead without even seeing the fight :( annoying being so far behind with patches when we speak the same language (almost) as the yanks. i fear that if those lazy fat gimps at mythic ever get round to fixing alb 2h/pole double speccing i will be long gone from game and even then would be 6 months wait for the fix to come to EU servers :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the lag is opentransit (for the 1000000000000000000th time) at least the 20s freezes are.

Shadoo

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Surely you can speed up the entire translation process,

for French - replace the with ze
for German - replace the with da and add ien at the end of every other word.

:clap: lol :clap:

Maular

Fledgling Freddie
Seems to me like they cant win

u whine when the patch is released with bugs........

u whine when they spend the time to polish it off and rid it of most bugs.......

so what if it takes a longer then expeted there is more to life then DAOC and NF, I can bet that in a week you will be moaning about how crap NF is etc etc.

Weve had responses from GoA on these borads countless times and no one takes the time to read what there saying, what a crappy community we have our-selves here.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I don't particularly like the huge delays in patching, but look at the positive side of it...

We don't have server downtime every week for the latest 1.70xyz patch, Mythic always seems to have to take the server down due to some problem at least once a week. Also we have the fairly major advantage of being able to prepare for the next major nerf well in advance. A typical example of this is having to level Atlantis Tablet to level 10 to get the smaller sobekite morph in 1.70.

Sometimes it can be annoying, like wanting the new artifact exping in 1.71, but we do get a more stable service (apart from the damn lag at the moment! :().

Botond

Fledgling Freddie
Mairghead said:
Clearly the translation parts are done or they wouldn't be beta testing it on Gorre. The GMS have said that the reason NF isn't released yet is because it isn't ready. They've also released several communications detailing bugs found and fixed, some of which were brand new to the Euro servers. Did you think they would be sitting on a product that they could release, just out of spite?

The OpenTransit lag spike issue is also driving me nuts, but it's a seperate issue and I also don't actually see how it means that GOA is providing a poor service. That's like saying that you couldn't get to the football because the bus service was cancelled, so it's the stadium's fault.

None of the GOA staff have said that the lag spikes are part of anything "working as intended". so I also don't see where you get that from. They've asked for our help in providing evidence that can be presented to the service provider. That's reasonable enough, isn't it?

5.6-7-8 down for 12th time now,they can all FOAD irl tbh

Mairghead

Fledgling Freddie
Botond said:
5.6-7-8 down for 12th time now,they can all FOAD irl tbh

This is a game.

If you don't like it, don't play it. If the words "FOAD irl" ever need to pass your lips, then you seriously need to get a grip.

Try focusing instead on how much of the content/service is excellent. We see a lot that we take for granted every day, then stop to rant and whine about stuff which is actually quite tiny in the big scheme of things. The product overall (and the customer service) just ain't that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom