10 questions.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

1) What exactly is buffing?

Do you polish your armour and weapons a lot and get hideous bonuses?

2) And nerfing?

Does that involve getting those toys that fire foam bullet thingys and firing them in mass volleys at the incoming hordes?

3) Volleying?

Do you play football or is it plain old volleyball? Do YOU wear bikinis? Are women involved?

4) RvR?

Is this some sort paganistic ritual where hundreds of people sit infront of their PC's chanting 'death to the Middies! death to the erm, Albies (sp?)!!! death to the other realm that I can't remember!!!!!'

5) Keeps and Relics?

Why have a keep if you keep on trying to knock it down? Can't you build more? IMHO I think houses are better and cosier than stone keeps.

Why have a relic when all it does is attract armies of frenzied men and women that want to steal it from you, burning, pillaging and probably raping all that stand in their path? Surely there's something newer that you could buy? Like, a car? Or a tactical nuke?

6) And on nukes... nuking?

WTF? I thought this was a sword and sorcery game, so why do all the 'hard bastards' have mini nuclear warheads they can lob at enemies? Surely this is both unfair and out of character. I know I wouldn't like it if my LVL 1,000,000 character got blown up by some eleven year old with a nuclear warhead.

7) King Arthur?

Well, this is Camelot? Where is he?

8) Tanks?

Erm. Like nukes... surely this is wrong... Challenger tank vs small pixie archer. I'd put my money on the tank thank you.

9) Mezzing?

Ok, what is this about. I haven't got a clue. All I can think of is that to do this you also have to really like Massive Attack.

Shit, I think I mean ressing? Not mezzing. Is there even mezzing?

/me look sheepish

Even I know what ressing is. It's when you... die? A lot?

10) Pets?

Do the RSPCA know about how you treat your animals?

O

old.Normengast

Nice but not really my kinda humor ;)

G

Gallak

Originally posted by old.D0LLySh33p
1) What exactly is buffing?

Do you polish your armour and weapons a lot and get hideous bonuses?

Nope it buffers your stats

2) And nerfing?

Does that involve getting those toys that fire foam bullet thingys and firing them in mass volleys at the incoming hordes?

Aye thats where the term comes from, its basically saying your powerful weapons were replaced with them foam thingies

3) Volleying?

Do you play football or is it plain old volleyball? Do YOU wear bikinis? Are women involved?

A volley of arrows...

4) RvR?

Is this some sort paganistic ritual where hundreds of people sit infront of their PC's chanting 'death to the Middies! death to the erm, Albies (sp?)!!! death to the other realm that I can't remember!!!!!'

yup

5) Keeps and Relics?

Why have a keep if you keep on trying to knock it down? Can't you build more? IMHO I think houses are better and cosier than stone keeps.

Why have a relic when all it does is attract armies of frenzied men and women that want to steal it from you, burning, pillaging and probably raping all that stand in their path? Surely there's something newer that you could buy? Like, a car? Or a tactical nuke?

hmmm, why do people shoot each other in counterstrike, they know they're gonna be back 5 minutes later...

6) And on nukes... nuking?

WTF? I thought this was a sword and sorcery game, so why do all the 'hard bastards' have mini nuclear warheads they can lob at enemies? Surely this is both unfair and out of character. I know I wouldn't like it if my LVL 1,000,000 character got blown up by some eleven year old with a nuclear warhead.

yup thats exactly what it feels like to be a tank in this game (until resists got fixed)

7) King Arthur?

Well, this is Camelot? Where is he?

Dead, read the game description, thats why its the dark age...

8) Tanks?

Erm. Like nukes... surely this is wrong... Challenger tank vs small pixie archer. I'd put my money on the tank thank you.

yup, heavy armour and front loaded damage thats a tank

9) Mezzing?

Ok, what is this about. I haven't got a clue. All I can think of is that to do this you also have to really like Massive Attack.

Shit, I think I mean ressing? Not mezzing. Is there even mezzing?

/me look sheepish

Even I know what ressing is. It's when you... die? A lot?

Mezz=Mesmerise
Rezz=Ressurect

type fast in battle

10) Pets?

Do the RSPCA know about how you treat your animals?

or undead zombies, or mindless humanoids, or walking trees

That help?

[edit: tidying]

O

old.Normengast

<cough>

Forum deity?

Err.. I thought this was a joke. Forgive me if it wasn't.

G

Gallak

probably is, but it'd be funnier if it wasn't 90% right...

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Re: Re: 10 questions.

Originally posted by Gallak

That help?

[edit: tidying]

Thanks for the help.

Hee hee.

Tbh, didn't know what mezzing was, but the rest was a joke :)

Thought I'd escape from the doom and gloom that seems to be permeating the rest of the BW forums.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Was a joke :(

But thanks to the guy who answered :)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

90% right :(

(was a joke - but thanks to the guy who answered)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

DAMN STUPID REFRESH RATES STUPID CONNECTION.

B

Blood

Originally posted by old.D0LLySh33p
DAMN STUPID REFRESH RATES STUPID CONNECTION.

1. what are refresh rates?

2. what are stupid refresh rates?

3. what is a stupid connection?

4. whats a joke?

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by old.Normengast
<cough>

Forum deity?

Err.. I thought this was a joke. Forgive me if it wasn't.

*whispers*
there's actually more forums then the daoc one...

oh, and LOL!

B

Belsameth

not for you, it'll only get you in trouble :p

W

Whoodoo_RD

Go to www.play.com , buy a copy, come play :)

Within the months trial you will see all of the above and more :) but make sure you become a Midgardian on Excalibur :flame:

B

Belsameth

how can you be so crule to poor Dolly!
trying to lure him to Midgard/Mudsoord. that's almost worse then Alb/Mudsoord.

tho the suggestion to get a copy is a good one ;)

T

Testin da Cable

Dolly forgot something: what the heck is a zerg?? someone please explain! it's been bugging me for ages!

O

old.Xarr

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
Dolly forgot something: what the heck is a zerg?? someone please explain! it's been bugging me for ages!

just for you TdC :)

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by old.Xarr:

the word 'zerg' derives from the strategy game called 'starcraft' by blizzard. one of the races you could play there was called simply the 'zerg' and one of the first strategies very easy to use by this player-race was to overwhelm your enemy with lots of these 'zerglings'. therefore the expression 'zerg' has been known to mean overwhelming your enemy with purely numbers and little skill involved.

thanks!

K

klavrynd

kinda refreshing thread after all those "buhuhuh i cant get si fix0red" threads really.

now, shoo! get back to your own forum :)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

In Natural Slection the aliens can overwhelm the marines right at the start by being 'lame ffs omg cba imho zerg rushing twats!'

;)

S

Sharma

Order the game and come be a noob with the rest

W

Whoodoo_RD

Anyone (DAoC ppl) get the impression our forums being invaded by other forumites cause the games they been playing are stating to get a lil tedious, or running out of fellow players and have lost their flame :flame: ability?

Like I say, i layeth down the gauntlet for you to cometh and playeth dark ageth of cameloteth, with me and my fweinds :) Only then will you know the true power of the flame :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom