10 bugs that will ruin your holiday

Everz

FH is my second home
Bed bugs.. going to be seeing alot of them in a months time :<.

eksdee

FH is my second home
slide_25714_280679_large.jpg

FUCK.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Seen similar hornets here in Thailand, nothing Bygon spray can't handle. The normal supermarket / 7 eleven spray is like nuclear, for sure would be banned in EU. But you need it for all the fucking mozzys, cockroaches and 100s of other things

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Fuuuuck. Going to Egypt soon and will definately be keeping the windows closed at night. I just hope spiders and such are not so common in hotels.

Larossa

Fledgling Freddie
I'd add cockroaches to that list.
Some years ago I was holidaying on the Greek isle of Spetses and brushing my teeth in the sink when I realised I was not alone .... a pair of antennae were poking out of the overflow. From then on we saw loads of the beggers, mediterranean cockroaches tend to be bigger than our UK ones and can fly short distances.
I felt safe in the bedroom until I saw one make it under the door and the place had marble tiles; you can hear the click of small claws quite clearly in the early hours. :(
They were pretty resistant to most bug killers that were available at the time in the local shops. Bugs don't normally bother me but these gave me the willies; There was a film going around at the same time called "Joe's Apartment" about cockroaches which was supposed to be funny; I just wanted to nuke the entire cast. :twak:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I'd add cockroaches to that list.
Some years ago I was holidaying on the Greek isle of Spetses and brushing my teeth in the sink when I realised I was not alone .... a pair of antennae were poking out of the overflow. From then on we saw loads of the beggers, mediterranean cockroaches tend to be bigger than our UK ones and can fly short distances.
I felt safe in the bedroom until I saw one make it under the door and the place had marble tiles; you can hear the click of small claws quite clearly in the early hours. :(
They were pretty resistant to most bug killers that were available at the time in the local shops. Bugs don't normally bother me but these gave me the willies; There was a film going around at the same time called "Joe's Apartment" about cockroaches which was supposed to be funny; I just wanted to nuke the entire cast. :twak:

Welcome to Joe's apartment, we hope you enjoyed your stay. :D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
hah i love Joes apartment, cockroaches singing and dancing in a toilet bowl, GENIUS

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
besides roaches and worms, bugs are not a nuissance for my holydays.

Some of 'em are amazing to see indeed :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hehe you say avoid, I say find and photograph!! When I went to Austraila I had the most wonderful time tracking mini-beasts (and some not-so-mini) ...and admittedly getting bitten by most of them, including a bull ant which was amazinly painful lol. The highlight was when I found a whole nest of redback spiders to photograph and one spider that was about as big as my hand.

That asian giant hornet is really impressive, that's one bug that'll wrestle the tv guide from you and attempt revenge!!

One little beastie that I certainly want to avoid is the botfly, it lays eggs in your skin and then you end up, erm 'delivering' these giant maggots, it's absolutely vile lol and not one that I would like to be on the business end of! I'll not post any pics because it is rather gruesome but for those of you with strong enough stomaches there are some interesting bits of footage on google :)

ileks

Part of the furniture
Thank god I live in England. I'd honestly go fucking mad if one of those black flies came anywhere near me.

I was thinking earlier, we have absolutely nothing dangerous here. No big poisonous insects, snakes, dangerous animals, sharks volcanoes, earth quakes, tornados. Nothing. It's like the easy settings on a game of civilization. God must be British.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
hehe you say avoid, I say find and photograph!! When I went to Austraila I had the most wonderful time tracking mini-beasts (and some not-so-mini) ...and admittedly getting bitten by most of them, including a bull ant which was amazinly painful lol. The highlight was when I found a whole nest of redback spiders to photograph and one spider that was about as big as my hand.

That asian giant hornet is really impressive, that's one bug that'll wrestle the tv guide from you and attempt revenge!!

One little beastie that I certainly want to avoid is the botfly, it lays eggs in your skin and then you end up, erm 'delivering' these giant maggots, it's absolutely vile lol and not one that I would like to be on the business end of! I'll not post any pics because it is rather gruesome but for those of you with strong enough stomaches there are some interesting bits of footage on google :)

If you ever bump into me you will have been biten by a greater mancunian sexpest! :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Thank god I live in England. I'd honestly go fucking mad if one of those black flies came anywhere near me.

I was thinking earlier, we have absolutely nothing dangerous here. No big poisonous insects, snakes, dangerous animals, sharks volcanoes, earth quakes, tornados. Nothing. It's like the easy settings on a game of civilization. God must be British.

I nearly died of heart failure a dozen times during my 3 days on the game reserve in South Africa mate, it was horrific.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Ran into one of these when i went to SA, scared the shit out of me!

Prawn-district9.jpg

Ezteq

Queen of OT
If you ever bump into me you will have been biten by a greater mancunian sexpest! :p

Uh huh...

I nearly died of heart failure a dozen times during my 3 days on the game reserve in South Africa mate, it was horrific.

...I'd just wave a moth with pincers tied to it at you and watch you go weee weeee weeeeee all the way home rofl :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom