1.90h.... more frontiers/siegecraft changes :s

Rhoma

Loyal Freddie
Pendragon is up, with a few tweaks to the new Siege System.

===================================
Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.90h Release Notes
Frontiers and Siegecraft
August 23, 2007
===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- A new command has been added which allows guild members to deposit coin directly into that player’s guild bank. The command is as follows: '/gc deposit' [copper]

- The condemned door message will no longer show up on the interior door of houses.

- The /who command has been updated to allow searching for players based on the new RP flag. To search for fellow role-players use the following command: '/who rp'

- Geddsyn, the Svartalf Apprentice, now offers a large shield Dragonslayer weapon choice to Thanes. As with the other weapons offered only through the apprentices, players will need to choose one of the weapons offered by Raxnathor first and then hand that weapon to Geddsyn to be offered the shield.

SIEGECRAFTING

- If a siege engine is moved, it will now properly require you to aim again before allowing you to fire.

- Building siege engines that require a Siege Tent nearby will now give the proper error message if there is no siege tent nearby. This fixes an issue where it would previously indicate it required a different tool.

NEW FRONTIERS NOTES

- The color of the Siege Tower hookpoint has been changed to make it more visible.

- A number of art related fixes have been introduced for the keep and outpost pieces.

- The location for Keep lords is now consistent for all levels of the Keeps.

- Players attempting to build a Siege Tower while stealthed will be unstealthed by the building action.

- Constructing a Siege Tower will flag the outpost as ‘under siege’ which will trigger it to show up properly on the realmwar map.

Note: Due to the way the Siege Tower operates, pieces with a Siege Tower Hookpoint will now not take damage normally. This means the only way to ‘damage’ or ‘breach’ that particular piece is via a Siege Tower.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

Quests - Albion

- The NPC guild leaders in Albion (Dostram, Bishop Kustan, Master Narudos, and Sir Amren) will no longer accept Nimue's letter for Rest for the Dead (Epic 9) from classes that don't belong to their guild.

Item Notes

- The Midgard version of the Dragonsworn Hunting Spear will now salvage correctly

SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES

Albion Monsters

- Xanxicar now has an Epic Encounter title.

PVP SERVER

- Rams can now only be boarded by players friendly to the player that placed the ram.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Big patch so far, looking okay... Alot of DB and siege changes make me happysad.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I looked at it on pend, and the big problem is going to be the old pain of crowd control. Attackers have no no where to hide, keep walls offer no shelter from anything, bridges even less. I tried to put up a seige tower and got shot instantly, so my healer spammed his biggest heal to draw agro and get the guards off me, and still I got constantly interupted.

Once inside the walls, its great, the new ramps are better than i expected, and theres plenty of places to duck n cover, as well as vantage points for defenders.

Towers however have been turned into a PBAE groups dream, nooks and crannies everywhere to hide your 4 bards while the chanters PBAE the crap out of anything.

The seige tents are a pants idea, really the worst of all. Its uncovered suicide, as any enemy will just constanly charge up to it and know that anyone in it is too busy "crafting" to defend themselves, where they got this idea from is beyond me! Archers will have a perma macro for the tent locs and will just volley at every opportunity. Then the 8 mans will pummel whats stupid enough to still be standing inside, before legging back t the safety of the main keep.

Seige towers once up are terrific, but they are aimed at mass fights, something hard to come by these days.

Bridges are ruined, the only decent choke points in the game left since they took away OF, now they might just as well be flat planks across the water. You think adding is a problem now, well every fight now will be in full view of everyone.

Some nice ideas here, just some seem a little too rushed and desperate.

Nate

FH is my second home
No more fucking about with BG's is always good to see, why they waisted time on that I'll never know. Pardon my french :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom