On this beautiful Thursday
The following notes we'd like to portray

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.89b Release Notes
Suppression and Trials of Atlantis
April 26, 2007

===================================

This version begins a series of major adjustment to Trials of Atlantis to reduce player frustration and make the entire experience user friendly. To start, all Master Level and artifact encounters except those in Celestius can now be completed with a single group (Battlegroup credit has not been removed from any encounter that already granted it) and Celestius encounters will now only require two groups to complete.

Djinn stones and other teleportation methods have been added to many locations that were previously considered extremely difficult and time-consuming to reach, particularly with a single group. Later versions will include further adjustments, such as to the accessibility of commonly sought-after loot from these encounters.

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Characters who are attacked by stealthed archers will now target the attacking archer, if the attacked player does not already have a target.

- Pets will no longer continue to attack a character after the character has stealthed.

- Pets will no longer "randomly" change to passive mode. This was caused by recent changes to the stealth system to remove a character from the monster's aggro list when the player has stealthed.

- The camera snapback speeds have been adjusted and the camera will now only snapback horizontally. Note: Players can toggle the snapback feature off and on with the /snapback (off|on) command.

- Players who hold both mouse buttons down at once will now move forward.

- The in-game /help menu has been updated.

USER INTERFACE NOTES

- The ability Dirty Tricks now has an icon.

- The ability Flurry now has an icon.

- The ability Triple Wield now has an icon.

- Trials of Atlantis Master Level and encounter bounty items no longer have a blank icon.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

General

- A new line of Direct Damage (DD) spells has been added to Midgard’s Suppression baseline.

Level Name Target Cast/Duration/Recast Range/Radius Effect Cost
Spirit Burden Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 13 (Spirit) 3
6 Spirit Curse
Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 21 (Spirit) 4
9 Spirit Oppression Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 29 (Spirit) 5
12 Spirit Burial Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 37 (Spirit) 6
16 Soul Burden Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 49 (Spirit) 8
21 Soul Curse Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 64 (Spirit) 10
27 Soul Oppression Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 85 (Spirit) 14
34 Soul Burial Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 108 (Spirit) 19
43 Doom of Spirits Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 136 (Spirit) 23
48 Death of Souls Enemy 2.6/0/0s 1500 range 179 (Spirit) 30

- Two spells were removed from the baseline suppression line in order to make room for the DD spells.

4 Lesser Magic Shield
8 Disperse Strength

- The level 6 root spell, Diffuse Movement, in Midgard’s Suppression baseline has been moved to level 8.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

General - Albion

- Various structure and texture updates have been made in the Camelot Hills zone.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

Since the rediscovery of the planes of Atlantis, scholars have noticed that much of the magic of Atlantis has been weakening steadily. The scholars suspect that this has been an ongoing process for many years, long before the realms received their invitations to participate in the trials. Signs are beginning to show that the more powerful creatures of the planes are being directly affected by this and heroes attempting to complete the trials have found them to be much less difficult lately.

Even more fortuitous to the common adventurer has been the sudden appearance of new Djinn Stones across the lands. The Djinn bound to them seem to be a bit different somehow than others of their kind, but they appear just as willing to obey the ancient commands of their long dead Atlantean masters and provide magical transport those completing the trials. Coincidentally, friendly Tritons have even shown up in the Temple of Twilight offering magical transport around its underwater tunnels. An effort to find similar behavior among other Tritons has not yielded any positive results.

Encounters - General

- Several encounters have been made less difficult by adjusting spawn numbers, monster levels, and hit points. These encounters are listed below, specified by region.

Aerus Encounters

- Monsters involved in the following Master Level encounters have had their levels reduced: 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.6, 8.8, 8.10, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, 9.6, and 9.10.

- Monsters involved in the following artifact encounters have had their levels reduced: Braggart's Bow, Flamedancer's Boots, Foppish Sleeves, Guard of Valor, Jacina's Sash, and Shield of Khaos.

- The sons of Creon for ML 8.5 have gotten much braver over the years and are now willing to fight their own battles when danger is about (they can now be single-pulled).

- The search for Agne's Torso for ML 8.7 among the self-maintaining statue should no longer be so lengthy.

- The Generator Operator's walk has slowed down to more of a crawl (during ML 9.10).

- Eramai has decided to stop asking for music boxes as he's already collected quite a large pile of them. The Cloudsong pre-quest is no longer necessary to get encounter credit for the artifact and will no longer be offered by Destin.

- New Djinn Stones can be found near the following encounters: 9.1 (at the entrance), 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, and 9.6

- The one-way Djinn Stones near the following encounters can now be ported to: 8.10 and 9.10

Oceanus Encounters

- Monsters involved with the following Master Level (ML) encounters have had their levels reduced: 2.9, 3.2, 3.4, 3.5, 3.8, and 3.10.

- Monsters involved with the following artifact encounters have had their levels reduced: Arms of the Winds, Atlantis Tablet, Bracelet of Zo'arkat, Ceremonial Bracers, Crown of Zahur, and Night's Shroud Bracelet.

- The gorgon Casta (for ML 3.3), will no longer cast her Area-Effect (AE) bolt. Her necklace has also become more fragile and prone to breaking in combat.

- The amount of immature and Bonerending Barracudas that spawn for ML 3.6 has been reduced.

- The length of Medusa's stun has been greatly reduced. The damage done by the associated Damage-Over-Time (DOT) spell has also been reduced.

- Ki'atra and the Nervous Ketos (Uilani) have disappeared as the magic holding them to the planes has faded. Coincidentally, the door to the sunken ship Kythera resides in (for the Night's Shroud Bracelet) is no longer locked. Players may now simply enter the ship to combat her.

- Sadri the Traitor (for Traitor's Dagger) may now only be found near Traldor's Temple and will no longer run away to other locations.

- New Djinn Stones can be found near the following Master Level encounters: 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, and 3.9

- Players may now port to the Djinn Stones near the following encounters: 1.10, 2.8, and 2.10. Note: Previously these Djinn stones were designated as one-way return teleport only.

- The Triton Altruists can now be found near the following encounters: 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9.

Stygia Encounters

- Monsters involved in the following Master Level encounters have had their levels reduced: 4.5, 4.6. 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 5.2, and 5.10.

- Monsters involved in the following artifact encounters have had their levels reduced: Crocodile's Tooth Dagger, Golden Spear, and Stone of Atlantis.

- The Echo of Duamutef for ML 5.2 will no longer split as often.

- Ammut (ML 5.10) will no longer summon as many Esenitu Au-mets, Zeperu Au-mets, or Summoned Black Crocodiles.

- A new Djinn Stone can be found near the entrance inside the Halls of Ma'ati.

- Players may now port to the Djinn Stones in the Land of Atum near the entrance to the Halls of Ma'ati and within the Halls of Ma'ati near Ammut. Note: Previously these Djinn stones were designated as one-way return teleport only.

Volcanus Encounters

- Monsters involved in the following Master Level encounters have had their levels reduced: 6.3, 6.6, 6.7, 6.8, 6.9, 6.10, 7.7, 7.8, and 7.10.

- Monsters involved in the following artifact encounters have had their levels reduced: Battler, Bruiser, Erinys Charm, and Tartaros' Gift.

- After constantly being ignored and never allowed to fight intruders, Vazul's Master Trapsmith has removed the fire traps from around the gates of Vazul's Fortress (for 7.9) in protest.

- The endurance challenges (MLs 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, and 7.6) now only require 5 minutes of survival instead of 10.

- Typhon (7.10) will now become vulnerable for a longer period of time after his essence has been hit.

- The monster Battler will no longer gain as many levels by killing players.

- The true Bruiser will now periodically send an emote to players standing nearby, making it much easier to find.

- New Djinn Stones can be found near the following encounters: 6.3, 6.7, 6.9, and in the southwest and northeast Mediator rooms.

- Players may now port to the Djinn Stones near the following encounters: 6.10, 7.8, and 7.10. Note: Previously these Djinn stones were designated as one-way return teleport only.

Celestius Encounters

- All Celestius encounter monsters have had their levels reduced.

- Leo will no longer split as often.

CATACOMBS WORLD NOTES

Quests - Midgard

- Into the Crypt - Journal entries for this quest will now properly reference the player's destination as the Deadlands.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Why not simply delete ToA as it a waste of time now :(

Just give the people ml10 and all arti credits when they ding 50.

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
Fantastic! Much needed, but i think the time for European players to come back to this new "easy mode" has long gone, maybe a few will return and lots more ML raids will be available!

Nate

FH is my second home
the move forward with both clicks ain't great :( use that for panz0r!

Sheridan

Banned
This means pretty much a mix up in terms of midgard caster setup

Overall this is some pretty nice love for Midgards casters, especially Runemasters and Spiritmasters. Midgard needs to decide which of its casters is going to debuff and keep it that way and i would say that Suppresion wins hands down because of its utility. It all relies on Runemasters spec really. All Spiritmasters will be spirit debuff nuking i would expect. Its just upto the Runemasters to spec out of debuff nuking and spec suppression for utility and assist the Spiritmaster.

Runemasters
###########
I would expect most to change to Suppression to take advantage of the red nearight but at the sacrafice of thier bolts and assist the Spiritmasters.

Runemasters Suppression spec line is now very viable with PBT, Nearsight, AE & ST snare nukes and now spirit baseline nuke to assist Spiritmasters with as the Runemaster is no longer required to go RC to debuff cold for other casters.

Runemaster - No Vaience on spirit nuke plus higher damage from over 50, red nearsight, red PBT, snare nuke, ae snare nuke. Hard to say what else to spec in as not much use sub speccing in RM apart from upping varience on rc/dark spells.
50 Suppresion

Spiritmasters
#############
Spiritmasters spec remains more or less the same but ofcourse they can now debuff nuke.

Spiritmasters can spec 48 dark 24 supp as usual, debuff 50% spirit and low varience of the spirit baseline nuke and retain all of there previous utility except a slightly low str/con debuff.

Spiritmasters Suppression spec line is now more viable. But in relation to having a baseline nuke with a 50% debuff, aswell as the utility of the darkness line, darkness remains the stronger spec.

Spiritmaster - Ae Mezz, Lifetap, Debuffs, 50% Spirit Debuff, Decent Baseline varience on spirit nuke and Pet Charm
48 Darkess
24 Suppression

Bonedancers
###########
No change, all depends on the other casters and whether you solo or not, i dont expect a massive transition back to suppression as the only difference is the varience in damage.

Bonedancers that are Suppresion spec can now rely on the baseline spirit nuke instead of the baseline dark which would have some varience, all this does for Suppression Bonedancers is give them a slightly better nuke with a more appealing damage type.

Bonedancers also that are Darkness spec (usualy 46, 28 supp) now have the option of nuking spirit or dark, as the dread lich debuffs 15% cold there is no reason to use the spirit nuke unless grouped with a Spiritmaster.

Bonedancer (group) - Caster Commander, Caster Sub Pets, Body Debuff, Low lifetap, Low AE Snare, Decent Spirit nuke varience
46 Darkness
28 Suppression

Bonedancer (solo) - Useless Commander, Healer Sub Pets, Low debuff, Lifetap, AE Snare, No Spirit nuke varience
48 Suppression
24 Darkness

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
W00t! SMs can debuff and nuke spirit damage! damn dem hibs and albies better get their templates redone :flame:

(baseline nuke, spec debuff for baseline, ae mezz, lifetap, pet. pbaoe...damn SMs are now a sodding hotmix between sorcs and chanters xD)

Sheridan

Banned
W00t! SMs can debuff and nuke spirit damage! damn dem hibs and albies better get their templates redone :flame:

(baseline nuke, spec debuff for baseline, ae mezz, lifetap, pet. pbaoe...damn SMs are now a sodding hotmix between sorcs and chanters xD)

bolt range mezz with silly duration is nothing compared to 1500 range that will last about 15 seconds

sm damage will just be higher now thats all

Gamah

Banned
Finally the much needed music love has arrived and some AMAZING changes too!!!

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder if they will change sm´s spirit debuff to no longer be 30 sec duration.

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
TOA was a mistake and now they finally seem to admit it.

Nice baseline changes, would be strange if debuff lenght wasn't changed to <10 sec.

Prolly gonna see sup sm's then :drink:

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
The drops will be worth shit.

Good then it will stop greedy tards puttin them at such silly prices ;p

(not aimed at u btw ) (Unless u do lol )

But i agree, whats the point in ToA then ... not that anyone will be playin time 1.89 hits us :D Dhooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Mind u , if it saves me havin to arrange my time around ml's tis not all bad

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
the point of pve is to make your char ready for rvr. thought that was kind of obvious?
:twak:

The recent patches screwed PvE farmers royally and therefor removed some income from them. I can't be arsed to level several LGMs to make my stuff cheap for RvR, I prefered to farm some stuff and sell it for reasonable prices and then pay some crafter to do all the order for my template.

Now with 1.88 good jewelery will be basicly for free, removing a lot of the need for the former top jewelery and with 1.89 all ToA drops will be much easier to get anyway.

So crafters can still get okay income but farmers are screwed. The hope I have is, that crafters will lower their prices.

Sheridan

Banned
There is no daoc economy on dyvet anymore anyway

you have to adpat and do things that earn most money

my last pve farm exploit was cianan...... sold the rings he dropped for 10-32p each and farmed about 15..... for the time it took me this was amazing.

recently made 50p from buying and selling things on CM

PHN nerf netted me 40p

dont cry, adapt and make money another way..... having a charecter with no repairable artifacts in RvR makes a lot of money, i do on my bard, only CW to repair lol. I have 10p on hib compared to nothing when i was just about templated.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Took only what: 3 years to the morons to understand it? :flame:

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Hope you'll be able to set it so that you don't auto walk with both mouse buttons pressed as thats my panning buttons :D

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Took only what: 3 years to the morons to understand it? :flame:

better late than never eh? :p

Funny thing is, when im looking at all the changes over the last months, DAoC has actually become a truly great game overall. The starterquests, the startertowns, the hasteners everywhere, the craftingchanges, the changes to easen/fasten up TOA, stuff for BP's, etc etc.. just rewamp NF and I'll enjoy the game to 100% again.

All they need to do now is to get ppl to try it out and give it another chanse yet again which I can imagine can be hard because of GOA's cockups in the past :/

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'll probably post a bit when I've had more time to look around. There have been a lot of really good things added to DAoC since I last played and the occasional dopey thing still knocking about (lvl4 still the worst level in game I see...like...hello?) but mostly Mythic have done a good job I think.

Min/maxxers will never be happy anyway ;)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I'll probably post a bit when I've had more time to look around. There have been a lot of really good things added to DAoC since I last played and the occasional dopey thing still knocking about (lvl4 still the worst level in game I see...like...hello?) but mostly Mythic have done a good job I think.

Min/maxxers will never be happy anyway ;)

hehehe, just found this really old picture.... don't know who made it, think it might have been iceforge...

Attachments

• RooFun.JPG
    RooFun.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom