Loyal Freddie
===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.88g Release Notes
Clustering and Archery Changes
March 20, 2007

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- The Classic and Shrouded Isles zones have been clustered.

- As Quickness no longer has an effect on Archery, all Quickness on bows has been converted to Dexterity. This will effect any dropped bows already in your inventory, as well as those dropped in the future.
Note: This will not effect items created by the Random Object Generator (ROG).

- (Pendragon Only) - (Albion) The rapier guild gifts for level 10, 15, 20, and 25 have been changed so the damage and skill are set properly as Thrust.

- (Pendragon Only) - Additional items have been converted from the old archery bonuses to the new bonuses.

- (Pendragon only) - Messaging has been updated for the Archery system.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

Archery

- The timer on Siege Shot has been reduced to 15 seconds.

- Siege Shot will no longer share a recast timer with Phase Shift.

- Volley is now implemented and is a Ground Targeted Area Effect archery shot, that will hit up to a maximum number of targets. The maximum number of targets is 2 more than the number of the shot. IE: Volley 1 will hit three targets max, and Volley 8 will hit 10 targets max.

- Wild Power has been removed from archers and replaced with the Realm Ability Falcon's Eye.

- Queuing archery shots will now work properly. This fixes a bug with certain combinations of shots, such as Crit Shot, that caused oddities when queueing.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES
Oceanus Encounters

- The scrolls for the artifact 'Gem of Lost Memories' will drop more frequently now. This brings these scrolls up to the same drop rate standards as the rest of the artifact scrolls.

Item Notes

- Legendary bows will now grant a damage type buff when equipped to change the damage type of your non-magical archery shots. Note that the mundane damage type buffs (Blunt Arrows, Thrusting Arrows, Slashing Arrows) will overwrite these buffs, in which case you may re-equip the bow to re-apply the buff.

- The studded versions of the Guard of Valor in Albion and Midgard now have the same bonuses to Spell Duration and Range that the Hibernian Reinforced version has.

CATACOMBS WORLD NOTES

Item Notes

- Hibernian Darkspire Jewelery drops have been adjusted from power level 50 to power level 49. This brings their power level in line with the same drops from Albion and Midgard.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Still no word on whats going to happen with all the different bows we carry, all those procs going to pot now, bows like FB and all the laby ones will be useless.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
i wonder if, in the new system, the bow speed will be taken into consideration, probably not.

also, they are saying the quickness will be replaced by dex on all non-unique bows, but lots of bows have both dex and qui - see fool's bows which has 5 Bow, 19 dex, 19 qui - i wonder which stats it will have in 1.88 final

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Wow, the VN forum roleplayers got Wild Power renamed to Falcon's Eye and tbh easy mode sniper templates incoming (quickness not priority).

How about making it easier for classes with billions of specable skill lines that then have to double spec too...?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
i wonder if, in the new system, the bow speed will be taken into consideration, probably not.

also, they are saying the quickness will be replaced by dex on all non-unique bows, but lots of bows have both dex and qui - see fool's bows which has 5 Bow, 19 dex, 19 qui - i wonder which stats it will have in 1.88 final
To quote the patch notes, dex now fully controls bow speed and damage, the bows speed will be calculated along with its speed and your dex...or will it?

Currently casters staves do not affect casting speed, and tbh bows are seeming more like that all the time.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
wonder if archers will get a stats respec as well? now that qui has been reduced to zero usability!

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
wonder if archers will get a stats respec as well? now that qui has been reduced to zero usability!

cmon, you still can melee. qui counts there. with the new lgms and sc coming overhaul templating your hybrid spec can be even easier.

and finally you can go high bow and still good melee as ranger.

still much things not good in this patch for archers (missrate, utility, dmg, the list goes on), but whining about qui and templates seems a bit odd.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
cmon, you still can melee. qui counts there. with the new lgms and sc coming overhaul templating your hybrid spec can be even easier.

and finally you can go high bow and still good melee as ranger.

still much things not good in this patch for archers (missrate, utility, dmg, the list goes on), but whining about qui and templates seems a bit odd.

not really mate, you won't see many trying to be melee rangers after this patch, in 1.87 DW is nerf'd, shield is increased.

in Patch 1.88 ranger loose PD, so with damage out cut and defence reduced, I dont think you will see melee rangers/hunters, not sure about scouts as they get shield boost with damage add now, so maybe or maybe not.

One's thing for sure mythic want archers to all be full bow, else you miss out on some toys.

Eble

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
taken from critshot about why archers damage got nerfed in the first place (patch 1.45), apparently a Level 42 cleric thought it was unfair that an archer killed them...

It pains me every time to go back and read this but here it is for inquiring young minds.

"Q: Why have archers been whacked with the nerf bat so hard?

A: Well, three things – one, barring the unforeseen that’s the last of the major adjustments, and two, some of that nerf pain was NOT on purpose, it was a bug (category two, by the definition of our priorities mentioned above) – see that patch note marked 1.45C posted by Matt Firor early this morning. I’m really sorry about that. So is everyone here – that’s why we took the servers down this morning to fix it.

And three, here’s a sample of my email: “Can you tell me how I am lvl 42 and totally buffed (I am an enh spec cleric) and ONE Archer does over 1100 points of damage to me before I can take 10 steps? The guy did a crit on me for 599 points and then two hits for approx 300 each. How in the world can Mythic justify that AND give them the speed to get away as well?” Well, I really can’t say I blame the guy for being a little traumatized.

If you disagree with the disgruntled gentleman posted above, please send me your class (and if you aren’t an archer I’ll delete it, FYI, I have tons more emails like our poor cleric’s, I don’t need any more ), race, level, and spec point distribution, and a **concise** list of reasons why Mythic is wrong. Use the header DISGRUNTLED ARCHER."

taken from http://www.camelotherald.com/more/203.shtml

:m00:

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
This patch to me looks like a piece of mumbo jumbo tbh, it either gets worse or better with each edition and yet nothing looks finalised ^_^

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Having gone norse for hybrid melle/bow, im now pissed that I am down 20 dex on kobbies, I imagine the same for all bow users, race respec is much needed in such a vast change, as anyone with a caster will say you wouldnt make a dex challenged SM or runie would you?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Having gone norse for hybrid melle/bow, im now pissed that I am down 20 dex on kobbies, I imagine the same for all bow users, race respec is much needed in such a vast change, as anyone with a caster will say you wouldnt make a dex challenged SM or runie would you?

So true :)

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie

Its should happen, but wont :(

I was lucky Luri with all pts in dex, no idea what I was doing at the time.

:)

Eble

anioal

Fledgling Freddie

nah, not really...
long long time ago i started my chanter as a pve farm toon. with that in mind and being a total newb i splited the starting points as 10 str, 10 con, 5 dex, 5 qui. now that's a chalenged caster, right? yet it does quite well in rvr.
ofc i wouldn't mind to have 10 more dex and 10 more int than i have now, but that's not really a reason to reroll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom