Keitan

Banned
this just poped up on pend===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.88e Release Notes
Archery and Tradeskill Changes
March 13, 2007

===================================

In the process of development of the new Archery system, certain aspects of the spell system have been used to affect the kinds of changes necessary for this update. Some players may notice various messaging and other text in the game that is indicative of this process. However, many aspects of the new Archery system are also unique, and are unrelated to the spell system. We will continue to update the messaging and other text in the game to more accurately reflect our new Archery system, and expect all of it to be complete by the release of version 1.88 to the live servers.

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- New weapons have been added as gifts from each class guild obtainable every five levels from levels 10 to 29. Each is awarded only by the primary trainer of each class in the capital cities.

- All of the following bonuses on all items have been converted as follows:

Archery Haste - Archery and Spell Range
Casting Haste - Archery and Casting Haste
Arrow Damage - Archery and Spell Range
Spell Damage - Archery and Spell Damage
Arrow Range - Archery and Spell Range
Spell Range - Archery and Spell Range

NEW FRONTIERS NOTES

- The three rings that can drop from Chief Mulguk, located in the 'Hills of Claret' battleground, have been changed so they are equipped in the ring slot. This corrects an issue where they were incorrectly identified as wrist slot items.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

Archers

- Abilities, bonuses and items that affect spells will now also affect Archery. For example, archers now have Wild Power instead of Falcon's Eye. This applies to all bonuses.

- Delves (Range, Damage, Minimum Range, Cast Time, cost, Recast Time) have been updated for all Archery abilities based upon player feedback.

- Icons and animations for the new Archery system are now implemented.

- Archers now receive three new abilities at specializations 1, 2 and 3 in Archery. These abilities allow the player to choose the damage types of their Archery shots, either Slash, Thrust or Crush.

- Heat, cold, acid and poison arrows now ignore the damage type override of the above spells.

- Critical Shots and Power Shots will now penetrate Bladeturn, and remove the Bladeturn.

- Archery shots will now respect Bladeturn and Shield Blocking. Brittle Guards, Intercept, and Ablatives will be addressed in a later version.

- Archers will no longer receive spell messaging when utilizing their bows, the messaging has been updated for use with the Archery skill.

- Archers will no longer unstealth when beginning or while queuing a Archery shot.

- Archer Realm Abilities have been implemented for testing. Players may visit their trainer to view and choose their abilities.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

Quests - Albion

- Reports - The quest reward items 'Avalon's Defense' and 'Avalon's Fortification', which are available for Maulers, have been changed; the bonus to parry was removed and a bonus to Aura Manipulation was put in its place.

Quests - Midgard

- Ragnarok Now - The item 'Stolen Texts' has been renamed to 'Stolen Books' to match the description given by NPCs and the quest journal.

LABYRINTH WORLD NOTES

- The items named 'Icy Rock Paralyzer' have been set so they cannot be emblemized as they are too small to properly hold an emblem.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Yep. However, archery haste is easiest one to get to 10%, so it's no big deal. Bowdamage% is currently impossible to get 10%. Should be possible with the new BP Items.

Anyhow, interesting changes.
Many of the nerfs have not been fixed.
Bowshots still have a minimum range. the pointblank one is at 225 with 4s cast time (pointless if someone is charging you).
PD (another melee nerf), Falcon's Eye (replaced with WP) and Summon Arrow (who cares) are gone as RA.
Critshot still requires the archer to be stealthed, so you can't critshot the same target twice.

Not clear if we gained MoM besides Wild Power, that would be nice.
Critshots can apparantly crit (that won't stay ingame), now.
Critshots and powershots pop bladeturn (PBT and castable BT. At 50 Bow it already did that, so this is nothing new. Self-BT still stops it.)
You can now swap between slash/crush/thrust damage but it takes 3sec to do so and apparantly you can't do it while shooting (Boo! Right now I can swap damage types with the press of a quickbind key while shooting. Don't like this)

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Afaik selfbts doesnt stop critshot on us servers!

casters will once again be archer cannon fodder

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Why in the hell would i want to replace Falcon's Eye with Wild Power? FE rocked and should stay tbh.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
so, we will soon see moc3 archers?

rumours said FE was bugged beyond fe2/fe3

Nah, it was fine, well it was at least 6 months ago when I was playing. As for Moc3, hmm, for me that takes the fun out of it, I liked it when I was being interrupted from other casters/archers. It gave me a sense of realism to what it would be like being an archer in that state of combat. And tbh now it just looks gay because which ever archer gets it will just pwn ass all the time and have rolled it because it's an OP toon just like a sorc. Which means all archers will get IP as a natural part of RA line up - which I never needed previously when playing bow archer at all :)

Davejohnson

Banned
atm casters are way on top with dmgdealing/utility, both solo and in groups. having one class (archers) that can actually kill them pretty fast would be good for the balance. a solo caster SHOULD be an easy pray for stealthers (as opposed to a heavy tank f.e), it should not be brittleguard, bt, cc, pet, lifetap, the normal sheat.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Yep. However, archery haste is easiest one to get to 10%, so it's no big deal. Bowdamage% is currently impossible to get 10%. Should be possible with the new BP Items.

Anyhow, interesting changes.
Many of the nerfs have not been fixed.
Bowshots still have a minimum range. the pointblank one is at 225 with 4s cast time (pointless if someone is charging you).
PD (another melee nerf), Falcon's Eye (replaced with WP) and Summon Arrow (who cares) are gone as RA.
Critshot still requires the archer to be stealthed, so you can't critshot the same target twice.

Not clear if we gained MoM besides Wild Power, that would be nice.
Critshots can apparantly crit (that won't stay ingame), now.
Critshots and powershots pop bladeturn (PBT and castable BT. At 50 Bow it already did that, so this is nothing new. Self-BT still stops it.)
You can now swap between slash/crush/thrust damage but it takes 3sec to do so and apparantly you can't do it while shooting (Boo! Right now I can swap damage types with the press of a quickbind key while shooting. Don't like this)

If you combine the other 10 archers you are usually with, Im sure you'll get 10% some how ;]

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think I've ever been in a situation where there were 10 other archers. In fact, I don't even think there's 10 hunters left active on Prydwen. :)

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
yeah coz sitting in a tower killing stuff at cliprange doesent give effortless RP's huh? :)

That's right, it doesn't. Strangely enough when the first arrow lands people tend to run out of range, thus giving no RPs.

That's ignoring the fact that there's rarely anyone online to shoot at anyway OFC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom