1.88 Archer Re-vamp

Blockus

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone actually know what this is going to be ?

Will a scout actually be viable in rvr in anything apart from tower/keep defending ?

They gonna get buffs/pet to interrupt other classes ? or they just gonna tune up hib/mid classes ?

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone actually know what this is going to be ?

Will a scout actually be viable in rvr in anything apart from tower/keep defending ?

They gonna get buffs/pet to interrupt other classes ? or they just gonna tune up hib/mid classes ?

From the scant details available it would appear that Mythic are considering the following:

1. Making Archery a one button one shot affair; in that arrows will no longer exist, so instead Archery will work like magic (if that makes sense). Additionally, they are going to make available different Archery styles, like long distance shot, close shot etc. I have also read talk of elemental archery styles to wtfpwn n00bs with high PD.

2. I have also read that they are going to remove the PF and BC lines from Rangers and Hunters and cherry pick abilities from those lines and give them to ALL Archers in their respective Bow lines.

Obviously, all of this is subject to change.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
2. I have also read that they are going to remove the PF and BC lines from Rangers and Hunters and cherry pick abilities from those lines and give them to ALL Archers in their respective Bow lines.

no they are not

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
no they are not

Read the VN Boards, the US community would disagree with you.

Ultimately however you have no clue what they will do. Nor, for that matter do I or anyone else. Until they release the patch notes of course ;)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie

Ultimately however you have no clue what they will do. Nor, for that matter do I or anyone else. Until they release the patch notes of course ;)

Actually I do, i have an inside track to Mythics internal workings.

1) arrows will not be used instead you will have a scud missile launcher that can bypass bladeturn

2) New styles:

Arse shot - rear positional - bleed style

Cupids arrow - 10 min timer - stuns your opponent for 10 years - bleeds gold off them 10g per hour lasts 30 years

Noob shot - anytime style - 2k damage 2500 range - 30s reuse timer

Hamster killer - anytime style - 24 hour reuse timer - takes down GOA servers 2 hours

there are a few more coming out but as yet cant reveal them to you all..

:m00:

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH

I have read them
and critshot
and watched the vid

the idea that rangers and hunters will have the PF/BC lines removed from them is rubbish

what mythic did say was that they will standardise (to a certain extent) buffs for all archers as part of the bow line
but that standardisation will exlude the pf/bc lines

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
what about a drunk fps doug shouting "Boooooooooooom headhead" everytime u hit someone :m00:

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
what mythic did say was that they will standardise (to a certain extent) buffs for all archers as part of the bow line
but that standardisation will exlude the pf/bc lines

You clearly haven't read the forums properly, because that's exactly what was suggested. I'll look for the thread and post the link when I find it.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
You clearly haven't read the forums properly, because that's exactly what was suggested. I'll look for the thread and post the link when I find it.

yeah sure
Mythic are going to give rangers pet doggies as part of the bow line
and scouts dmg add and speed burst spells as part of their bow line
and hunters will get the ability to block arrows as part of their bow line

what was stated by mythic is that the bow line will have standardised archery related buffs for all three archers
poision arrows, elemental damage arrows etc
range/bow speeds will probably also be standardised for al three archers

what will remain unique is the PF/BC/Shield lines
Mythic will under no circumstances remove PF or BC like you have suggested
There has been absolutely no precident for any class to have an entire spec line removed from it in the history of this game

hunters will continue to have BC doggies
rangers will continure to have PF damage add

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
yeah sure
Mythic are going to give rangers pet doggies as part of the bow line
and scouts dmg add and speed burst spells as part of their bow line
and hunters will get the ability to block arrows as part of their bow line

what was stated by mythic is that the bow line will have standardised archery related buffs for all three archers
poision arrows, elemental damage arrows etc
range/bow speeds will probably also be standardised for al three archers

what will remain unique is the PF/BC/Shield lines
Mythic will under no circumstances remove PF or BC like you have suggested
There has been absolutely no precident for any class to have an entire spec line removed from it in the history of this game

hunters will continue to have BC doggies
rangers will continure to have PF damage add

It is not what I have suggested, it is what I have related that others have suggested - note the distinction.

Mythic had better not standardise Archer range, because a Scout having Shield is in no way comparable to a Ranger's PF line or a Hunter's BC line.

I do not want the three Classes to be the same. If anything, Scouts should have more range (because the current extra 200 or so units we get makes what difference in reality?) to compensate for the lack of utility that the other two Classes possess.

Or are you going to argue I am wrong on this also? :rolleyes:

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
It is not what I have suggested, it is what I have related that others have suggested - note the distinction.

Mythic had better not standardise Archer range, because a Scout having Shield is in no way comparable to a Ranger's PF line or a Hunter's BC line.

I do not want the three Classes to be the same. If anything, Scouts should have more range (because the current extra 200 or so units we get makes what difference in reality?) to compensate for the lack of utility that the other two Classes possess.

Or are you going to argue I am wrong on this also? :rolleyes:

the distinction is irrelevant
PF and BC will remain spec lines for hunters and rangers

and if you think shield in it's current US inception is worse than PF
you're sadly mistaken
PF is probably the most redundant spec line in the game
there is nothing in the PF line which is either improved upon or replaced by arifacts and cl abilities

the scouts range makes a huge difference at lvl10 keeps and at bridges where scouts can shoot archers on the opossing bridge tower and not be shot back unless the ranger/hunter has high toa +range bonuses
scouts can hit the top of a lvl10 tower from the ground
hunters cannot

as for your wish for more range
thats not going to happen
keeps will be changed so that if you can hit someone on the ground from a keep wall, you can be hit back

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom