1.87b - Scout love, PvE style for pets, Hunter love(?), + more ml9 pet fun

Sparklehorse

Fledgling Freddie
Actually i thought of another thing they need to fix, what with the mentioning of pets... When will they ever fix pets finding people after they stealth.. its ridiculous , only expception i could see would maybe be the hunter pet cos its a dog so it could sniff u out, but cabby chanter druid therg menta mincer pets.. they shuld lose agro when stealth pops.. and hey im not even a stealther and im thinking that :)

Jox

Fledgling Freddie

Neffneff said:
all its gonna do assasin v assasin is introduce more strafe/run through abuse..and whoever lands evade stun is gonna own. gotta remember with more evades = more powerful evade string moves. defence goes up, but so will dmg.

Assassins... especially sbs will become free rp's for tanks.

Next thing... sbs without Purge III are fucked. Infil can land stun after the first evade, so can ns, but sbs? nah, their stun-style = second in chain.

2 scouts guarding each other will be fricking nasty!

/clap :=

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
aw, reavers finally got spirit on their dd, I can't beleive it... And reaver's defense gonna be f*king good! Reavers gonna be the best solo class :). Tho they were always the best...

renew or not renew, thats the question :p.
But I haven't got time, and there won't be any soloers out... and stealthers won't attack me, cos of the high defense ><
nah, not worth it, gonna be even harder to get any 1v1.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Jox said:

Next thing... sbs without Purge III are fucked. Infil can land stun after the first evade, so can ns, but sbs? nah, their stun-style = second in chain.

2 scouts guarding each other will be fricking nasty!

/clap :=

Although Comeback > Frosty Gaze utilize a 7 sec stun compared to Diamondback at 5 sec and Dragonfang at 5 sec AND 50 weaponspec, however infils drew the longest straw with the introduction of the 7 sec Reflection chain in DW :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sparklehorse said:
Actually i thought of another thing they need to fix, what with the mentioning of pets... When will they ever fix pets finding people after they stealth.. its ridiculous , only expception i could see would maybe be the hunter pet cos its a dog so it could sniff u out, but cabby chanter druid therg menta mincer pets.. they shuld lose agro when stealth pops.. and hey im not even a stealther and im thinking that :)

well, druids can get dogs (or wolves) to so....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Solari said:
Although Comeback > Frosty Gaze utilize a 7 sec stun compared to Diamondback at 5 sec and Dragonfang at 5 sec AND 50 weaponspec, however infils drew the longest straw with the introduction of the 7 sec Reflection chain in DW :(

but comeback > frosty gaze means u gotta land 2(!) styles to get the stun, infils and NS's only need to land 1 so SB's needs to be twice as lucky.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
SBs got long straw on evade stun for sure..infils got it best these days.

so stupid that infils (thrust) can either spec 50 thrust and get DF for a 5 sec stun (least they have the points for it @ low RR) OR they can spec 15/16? thrust and get a 6 second evade stun from beartooth..i mean..wtf lol.

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Before scouts start jumping up and down saying 'oooh Love' initial testing indicates that the change is working as intended for Medium and Large Shield users, however, for small shield users it isn't working (block rate the same as before).

So either developers haven't implemented it correctly or small shield users aren't supposed to get the love.

After years of experience im betting its the latter, although if its the former I would expect to also see alterations to the MoS code to compensate assassins.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
As far as the melee triad changes are concerned
my thoughts were

A dual wielder has sacrificed the utility/bonuses that shield affords
anytime stun
engage
ability to guard groupmates
and the large bonus against arrows

all for an extra offensive bonus

Now that offensive bonus is gone
what exactly do they get other than the chance to swing their offhand weapon for unstyled damage?

We'll have to see what it's like, and how it works in practice, may never go live like that.

Though, with a 0.8 GR style (which I think is higher than most), a duel wielder will be doing 55% more damage than a single wielder (assuming both have same speed weapons, stats etc).

I'd rate that an offensive bonus ? Whether having higher offence or a shield is worth it will be more of a decision, at the moment it's a no brainer.

I'd also imagine that they'll still be having block/parry/evade chance adjusted by the WS of the opponent, so the heavy/light tanks will still have a good change to get through the defences. It may end up being harder for assassins vs tanks, and for hybrids vs tanks, though.

Darzil

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
Lets just make heavy-tanks gods while we're at it!

I agreed that assassins do way too much damage (why did they get love in the first place?), but assassins are not the only one wearing dual-wield.
Its already quite a challenge for me to get through a parry specced heavy tank, now shield tanks also will get this immunity. :\

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:

Yes cause it's soooo balanced that the guys who got the advantage of being able to pick their fights also are able to kill tanks.

I always thought that that was outrageous

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
- Berserker trainer Lognar in Mularn will no longer display incorrect gender information when targeted.

FINALY!! \o/

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
We'll have to see what it's like, and how it works in practice, may never go live like that.

Though, with a 0.8 GR style (which I think is higher than most), a duel wielder will be doing 55% more damage than a single wielder (assuming both have same speed weapons, stats etc).

I'd rate that an offensive bonus ? Whether having higher offence or a shield is worth it will be more of a decision, at the moment it's a no brainer.

I'd also imagine that they'll still be having block/parry/evade chance adjusted by the WS of the opponent, so the heavy/light tanks will still have a good change to get through the defences. It may end up being harder for assassins vs tanks, and for hybrids vs tanks, though.

Darzil

good points
A scout testing on pend has reported a 50% block rate versus a 50 DW 50 Slash Inf before debuffs
33% after venom debuff
with 5%/4% evade rate

quite a substancial jump

uron

Loyal Freddie
infil will remain pretty much unchanged imo, try to avoid shield tanks already. and finally my melee spec scout should become a viable spec to have, and hopefully alot more fun :) next patch a bit more dmg for styles and im more then happy :p

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
SBs got long straw on evade stun for sure..infils got it best these days.

so stupid that infils (thrust) can either spec 50 thrust and get DF for a 5 sec stun (least they have the points for it @ low RR) OR they can spec 15/16? thrust and get a 6 second evade stun from beartooth..i mean..wtf lol.

Its actually the same as NS now. 25thrust=5sec stun off evade...ie diamondback. They should change dragonfang however.

[edit]
Hm, in doubt now..classesofcamelot says 15spec ;o oops..just gonna go check my inf.

/Dracus

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
DF needs a boost, just not into a longer stun, higher dmg or a different effect is needed, maybe a small DD proc, maybe abs debuff, something to make it desirable over beartooth.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
DF needs a boost, just not into a longer stun, higher dmg or a different effect is needed, maybe a small DD proc, maybe abs debuff, something to make it desirable over beartooth.

Excactly my point :) I wasnt talking old 9sec stun. DD or similar would rock. Prolly still wouldnt be worth it but hey..not all L50 styles are ;D

/Dracus

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Shield test results from pend
copied from critshot

Scout was set at 50+10 shield, MoB 5 403 Dex

Opponent was RR7 Zerker, 459 Str plenty of Weaponskill obviously =P

Here's the short version:

Total Attacks 184
Hits 67
Evades 17 (9.2%)
Blocks 93 (50.5%) <------- <3
Misses 7 (9.5%)

59.7% attacks Evaded/Blocked

Almost 60% of attacks blocked/evaded from a 459 STR RR7 zerker

When mythic do things, they dont do them by half ;)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Eversmallx said:
Convoker

- The duration of the debuff placed upon players by the Speedwarp ability has been reduced from 30 seconds to 6
seconds.

- The node placed by the Speedwarp ability will now have a visual radius indicator. Each realm will have a
different colored ring, similar to Prescience node.

OMGZ!

Reactivation inc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom