1.84i

Gonz

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2440.shtml

1.84i is now in testing on Pendragon. Here are the notes!

===================================
Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.84i Release Notes
New Battleground and Class Updates
June 19, 2006
===================================

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

- All existing Valkyries, Valewalkers and Reavers have been granted a full respec.

- (Pendragon Only) Players may no longer bind at any location in the new battleground, Cathal Valley. Additionally, when players die, they will respawn at their portal keeps in the battleground.

- All single target bolts belonging to the Wizard, Runemaster, Eldritch, Shaman and Warlock have had their cast timers reduced by 20%. Thus, all bolt spells with a cast time of 2.5 seconds have been changed to have a cast time of 2.0 seconds, and all bolt spells with a cast time of 4.0 seconds have been changed to have a cast time of 3.2 seconds.

Fixed the warlocks bolt xD

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
No reason to provide reavers with a respec seeing as we havent received any substantial changes to warrant a respec. I expect it's an error, and they meant Thanes.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Varna said:
No reason to provide reavers with a respec seeing as we havent received any substantial changes to warrant a respec. I expect it's an error, and they meant Thanes.

A freudian slip on Mythic's part? Adding fuel to the "Reavers got all the ideas meant for Thanes!" conspiracy? :)

Nonetheless, I agree with you. It probably is a mistake. I do however not agree with you in that Mythic will correct it and give the respec to the Thanes. ;)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
10 to 1 Mids like Pip, Himse, xGenocidex and Svartmetall will call this a massive Midgard nerf patch.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:
10 to 1 Mids like Pip, Himse, xGenocidex and Svartmetall will call this a massive Midgard nerf patch.
Name a patch that isnt. Yet again, nothing to see here, move along...

Thadius

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:

Hmm no offense, but isnt the way to;

Albs have biggest population on all servers, followed by Mid then Hib.

Mids get things to counter the alb zerg, which end up being op to start then they get nerfed back to what it should have been.

Then hibs just get most stupid overpoweredness to even it out!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Hmm no offense, but isnt the way to;
I could never take any offence m8 :)
Albs have biggest population on all servers, followed by Mid then Hib.
Not here, Mid and Hib are neck n neck..

Mids get things to counter the alb zerg, which end up being op to start then they get nerfed back to what it should have been.
We all got our fair share, but for some reason we get more anti than the other two, which doesnt really make sense. Necros didnt get half the bad press when they could LOS abuse, or leave their pet 5 miles away from their shade, and dont start me on bainshees and vamps..

Then hibs just get most stupid overpoweredness to even it out!
Here was a line about OPdness, but I changed my mind before the bleeting hearts of Ireland and Olde England book themselves into a Bupa hospital after another severe RSI attack as they whine about certain mid toons..

Anyway, we digress...back to the "yet another poo attempt at keeping my dev job" or "were playing WHO too much to care a fuck about DAoC anymore, its sooooo last week..." patch.....

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Took them 7 days to make this.... to me its just slower and slower, and little randomes tunes. Cant be more than 1 man working on the notes tbh

1.84I
- All existing Valkyries, Valewalkers and Reavers have been granted a full respec.

- (Pendragon Only) Players may no longer bind at any location in the new battleground, Cathal Valley. Additionally, when players die, they will respawn at their portal keeps in the battleground.

- All single target bolts belonging to the Wizard, Runemaster, Eldritch, Shaman and Warlock have had their cast timers reduced by 20%. Thus, all bolt spells with a cast time of 2.5 seconds have been changed to have a cast time of 2.0 seconds, and all bolt spells with a cast time of 4.0 seconds have been changed to have a cast time of 3.2 seconds.
1.84H
Cabalist

- Cabalist pets have been added to the list of pets that can be commanded to perform various emotes by their owner.

Bolt Spell Changes

- All single target bolts belonging to the Wizard, Runemaster, Eldritch, Shaman and Warlock have had their cast timers reduced from 2.5 to 2.0 seconds.

CRAFTING NOTES

- Various tradeskill components for Alchemy, which were not included during the initial revamp of stack size and weight, have been adjusted accordingly. A stack of 200 now weighs 5 pounds instead of 50 pounds or more.

COOPERATIVE SERVER NOTES

- Court yard monsters in Dun Crimthainn have been updated, as have their loot tables.

MesS°

Can't get enough of FH
Wazkyr said:
Took them 7 days to make this.... to me its just slower and slower, and little randomes tunes. Cant be more than 1 man working on the notes tbh

So you want game altering changes every 7 days?

Mey

Part of the furniture
These are changes that they are implementing as the Testing of the patch goes on.

K

Karath

Ctuchik said:
oook, do you NEED more then 1 person to write those notes?

Im just thinking, monkeys and eventually something relevent will result... :S

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
old.Whoodoo said:
that valkyrie loving is a massive nerf to midgard!

Syri

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
yeah, it's going to make everyone stop playing their thanes and roll a valk instead, the frontiers will be empty while they all level up! :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
Maybe not a nerf, but takes the piss out of Thanes who have been longing for group utility for 4 years...

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Whoodoo said:
Maybe not a nerf, but takes the piss out of Thanes who have been longing for group utility for 4 years...
Thanes are still better than most other hybrids. Nice with bg + interupt. Id use thane in any mid grp, together with a few valks, all with sun weapons and then a SM with 50% energy debuff.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
something along this should be the new mid grp:

2xhealer
1xshaman
1xskald (atleast on us)
1xrm
1xbd (banelord)
1xbg (warrior got first priority)
1xvalk (mass interupt and nice dmg)

P

Pretarded

jesus, some poeple like to whine, its probably more like a style of life now i guess.
Even if they boost some mid class, they will still whine that its the wrong class >.<

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Lejemorder said:
something along this should be the new mid grp:

2xhealer
1xshaman
1xskald (atleast on us)
1xrm
1xbd (banelord)
1xbg (warrior got first priority)
1xvalk (mass interupt and nice dmg)
Use the warrior for banelord, skip the bd, they are nice but warrior with BL in assist train, Thane for bging with yber interupt and then ofc some valks for the interupts, spreadheal, charge, nice dmg, ect, ect ect.
Change the RM with a SM, energy debuff ftw.
But ofc thats just my PoV

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom