1.82c friar spec

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
just looking through the latest patch notes, and if it stays as is was thinking of changing my spec to

42 rej, 42 enh, 29 staff 7 parry

41 rejuve for:

The group Heal-Over-Time spells have had their amounts of healing increased and time increased to 30 seconds instead of 15 seconds. Power costs remain the same.

40 Prophet's Fidelity - Self instant cast/30 seconds duration/30 seconds recast. 25% chance to proc a Group Heal for 75 hit points. 1000 units range

40 Inquisitor's Redemption - Self instant cast/30 seconds duration/30 seconds recast. 25% chance to proc a PBAE (250 radius) Heal for 100 hit points.

41 Protection from Idleness - Group 3 second cast time/20 minute duration. 25% chance to proc a self Heal for 75 hit points.

42 enhance:

all but the highest resists, self combat speed buff, and dez/qui buff

29 staff for friars boon

wish they would add a heal proc onto this as well like the other ones :-(

add a few heal proc on your armour and off you go

:m00:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Looks like a good spec to test things out on. Will probably miss the high end staff damage of the battle Friar spec but at least it will make us viable healers.

Will be interesting to see what variance is like with 29+16 staff. Also would like to hear from the Alb GG's what they think would suit best?

In my somewhat limited GG experience Most seem to want purp resist and moan if you dont have them. Being a secondary decent healer should more than make up for it.

Also, now that assassins are getting a dmg output boost give back Dodger RA!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
You'd be losing:

- 15% absorb - down to 10%, everything is going to hit harder.
- Last DEX/QUI, I'm not sure if this will cap your dex? If it doesn't then you'd either have to live with less weaponskill, or face being sheared by enemies.
- 8% less resists, yet again the nukers are going to hit you harder.
- Last spec AF shield, I always use a buffbot spec AF where possible - however it's always nice to have this as a backup for when you die.
- 25% end style fatigue reduction down to 20%, styles will cost a bit more end.

And a few other things (reduced weaponskill, etc.). What would you be gaining?

- A heal proc buff which relies on you getting hit, it'll heal you for 75 hitpoints on just 1 in 4 hits.
- Assuming a 3.5s weaponspeed, on average you'll heal each member of your group in 1000 range for an amazing 75 hitpoints every 14 seconds.
- The HoT, which may be fairly decent.
- Better heals.

Is it really worth losing a lot of self and group defence for useless procs and the slightly improved HoT?

Fugue

Fledgling Freddie
Why not just 45 hance for last af and best absorb buff
and 48 reju (wassent it 48 they got the last of the new toys?)
6 parry
And then purely rely on the BattleMaster styles? :)

It works great on a Warden.
Not great damage but that aint frairs and wardens functions anyway, BG, grapple, heal and interupt is their thing.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
- A heal proc buff which relies on you getting hit, it'll heal you for 75 hitpoints on just 1 in 4 hits.
- Assuming a 3.5s weaponspeed, on average you'll heal each member of your group in 1000 range for an amazing 75 hitpoints every 14 seconds.
- The HoT, which may be fairly decent.
- Better heals.

25% heal buff would be higher heals, using alatrictious staff and or combat speed buff will increase the speed you hit. it needs testing, lets see what they do on pendragon.

i would like the hot to be an instant cast.

:m00:

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
Im thinking 49 enhance / 44 rejuv. Get champ mace and crafted shield. Run on BM styles and maybe some CL styles, dunno if they are worth any.

Basicly what you can do in groups is, spam HoT and other fancy stuff, be a passive bodyguarder (not running in an assist train while your casters are dying) and use interupting CL's and spread good backup heals. Rez in the occasion and rebuff bases etc. You'd also look like an heretic with hammer and shield out, and I dont think they can do bodyguards.

Should be fun. Maybe we can even change the fotm setup and run with a BL heretic, BM friar and Perfecter cleric :)

Also, 34 rejuv / 48 enh / 29 staff should be a nice spec.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
no chance im dropping lower than 29 staff and 48 enhance i like illudians spec but we'll see.... bet Hot will still be crap

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
It all depends on what you want to do with your friar.
If you solo alot of course you need alot of staff spec then but if you group 99% of the time staff is useless.
When I group with a Friar I liked the 44 rej 49 enh the best as you got nice backup heals and the best resists and the best buffs (only really need s/c) so you get sheared less.
Also in a group you will not run with an assist train anyway and the taunt you have (while on a timer) is good for interrupting those free casters/support anyway while using your ML styles to deal with incomming pets.

Also I prefer a Friar as a BG'er alot more than a pally because either the pally stays back to BG and he can't do anything but twist some 50 hp heal or some resists for a sec but a Friar can heal for quite some amount and lay down ST for that extra bit of defence.
In the end it comes all down to what you want out of your Friar though my personal view is for a group Friar 44 rej 49 enh > all, and with the added bonusses you get in 1.82 this spec will even be alot better.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
mebbe then but tbh best is split spec at rr5 imo... 25 rej 49 enhance, 35 staff? i forget, and rest parry..

that way i run with the assist train of the other team and follow their MA, see who he goes for while hitting him, and BG my grpy:) can heal sometimes if needed... a friar with no staff skill is a sin though, no lower than 29 or doooooom, the spec heal takes to long to cast too

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Even with 1.5s weaponspeed, 75 hitpoints every 6 seconds on average is pathetic. You'd be "healing" for 12.5 hitpoints/second on average. Add 25% heal buff and it'll be a 93 heal, 15.5 hitpoints/second on average.

The values are just too low for the procs to be worthwhile. The level 45 baseline group heal can heal for 93 hitpoints, easier to use that than hope for a proc.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Mikah75 said:
the spec heal takes to long to cast too

3.2 secs same as Cleric spec heal and it's the most power friendly heal there is after the change, use it always on my Cleric only use the greater heal (2.1 secs to cast) for if someone is taking spike damage (if the person is on the end of the assist train for instance).
Very very underrated heal imo as it heals for the same amount as the Cleric spec heal and I don't know any Cleric who is RvR active with 43 rej and Friars do have the ability to go 43 rej without gimping themselves.

And Friars get the same +stats as Clerics so have potential to get 382 dex also which is enough to get that 3.2 sec cast time capped if I am not mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom