1.75 test Patchnotes and Warlock nerf :)

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Warlock

- Warlocks are able to combine certain abilities in ways that, in conjunction with a few of their high damage spells, significantly overpowers them. This is exaggerated even more because the amount of damage done by certain Warlocks spells is so high. To help mitigate this issue, we have reduced the damage for the following Hexing spell lines:

2 Lesser Beguiled Pain – Damage: 10
3 Beguiled Pain – Damage: 15
8 Greater Beguiled Pain – Damage: 34
13 Lesser Beguiled Pain – Damage: 66
18 Beguiled Injury– Damage: 77
24 Greater Beguiled Injury – Damage: 97
34 Lesser Beguiled Hex – Damage: 135
43 Beguiled Hex – Damage: 168
49 Greater Beguiled Hex – Damage: 191

5 Infernal Sore – Damage: 9/pulse
9 Infernal Eruption – Damage: 15/pulse
19 Infernal Rot – Damage: 37/pulse
30 Infernal Degeneration – Damage: 55/pulse
41 Infernal Infection – Damage: 76/pulse
46 Infernal Erosion – Damage: 88/pulse

Rest of the Test notes can be seen here if your intrested

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
and the nerfs begin, next patch will be bainshe...

:m00:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Well, that was it for Midgard in Catacombs, then. No reason to actually buy the expansion - Valks are pointless and Warlocks no better than what we have already.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
scorge said:
and the nerfs begin, next patch will be bainshe...

:m00:

thats only version 1 of 1.75 so they might get to the bainshee in that patch

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Here's the numbers. Looks like a 25-30% nerf on damage.

Old:
2 Lesser Beguiled Pain - 14
3 Beguiled Pain - 20
8 Greater Beguiled Pain - 46
13 Lesser Beguiled Injury - 88
18 Beguiled Injury - 103
24 Greater Beguiled Injury - 130
34 Lesser Beguiled Hex - 180
43 Beguiled Hex - 225
49 Greater Beguiled Hex - 255

New:
2 Lesser Beguiled Pain – Damage: 10 (30% reduction)
3 Beguiled Pain – Damage: 15 (25% reduction)
8 Greater Beguiled Pain – Damage: 34 (30% reduction)
13 Lesser Beguiled Pain – Damage: 66 (25% reduction)
18 Beguiled Injury– Damage: 77 (25% reduction)
24 Greater Beguiled Injury – Damage: 97 (25% reduction)
34 Lesser Beguiled Hex – Damage: 135 (25% reduction)
43 Beguiled Hex – Damage: 168 (25% reduction)
49 Greater Beguiled Hex – Damage: 191 (25% reduction)

Old:
5 Infernal Sore 13/pulse
9 Infernal Eruption - 22/pulse
19 Infernal Rot Enemy - 53/pulse
30 Infernal Degeneration - 79/pulse
41 Infernal Infection - 109/pulse
46 Infernal Erosion - 126/pulse

New:
5 Infernal Sore – Damage: 9/pulse (30% reduction)
9 Infernal Eruption – Damage: 15/pulse (30% reduction)
19 Infernal Rot – Damage: 37/pulse (30% reduction)
30 Infernal Degeneration – Damage: 55/pulse (30% reduction)
41 Infernal Infection – Damage: 76/pulse (30% reduction)
46 Infernal Erosion – Damage: 88/pulse (30% reduction)

DavidH

Part of the furniture
- Hovering over any stats display (Strength, Constitution, etc) will now bring up a tooltip that will list base stats, item bonus, item cap, item bonus waste (bonus that exceeds your current cap), bonuses from spells/buffs, and any bonuses from RAs or class specific abilities.

Sweet change imo.

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Well, that was it for Midgard in Catacombs, then. No reason to actually buy the expansion - Valks are pointless and Warlocks no better than what we have already.

What’s your point? your basically saying "OMG they have balanced a class with its realm so its not stupidly harsh making all other classes redundant. Oh what shall i do"

Id much rather they gave classes that are balanced right from the off tbh.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
the entire point of the expansion is the new very op classes, as with si they are released very op, then nerfed after the majority of players has brought the expansion so that game 'balance' is restored.
as per usual mythics swings with the nerf bat are likely to be as varied as ever, ranging from tiny, only what, 15 shrooms at once? oh no! to class toasting, seen many grps running a savage lately anyone?

A

Aoln

lol at people crying like babies about a nerf before they even got the class, balance is such a shame :<

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Good move from mythic, first lure players to realms with fotm classes then nerf it once they are there :rolleyes:

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:
Good move from mythic, first lure players to realms with fotm classes then nerf it once they are there :rolleyes:

well tbh the nerf might not be that bad so instead of 1shooting a char they will have to get another hit in :eek: OMG no.. the shame :E

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
yeah now those warlocks just have to group up with friends and family and instead of just pressing one button they press two

/assist /iwin :D

anywhos im rolling a warlock i thinks they look fun btw how they play in pvp ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
tbh I doubt they've gone far enough but we'll see.

it's a 30% damage nerf to the fotm spec anyway.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
if you think mythic delibertly make these classes overpowered to keep people interested in the game and make them roll the class you are retarded.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
if you think mythic delibertly make these classes overpowered to keep people interested in the game and make them roll the class you are retarded.
ofc they do.. it also helps attract new ppl when they are starting the game. :E

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Well the nerf doesnt seem to make the warlock useless in any way, they still retain their ability to cast at greater range, uninteruptable etc, so should still be an interesting class to play. Its just been toned down in damage, which is good considering it could autokill most targets if it decided to burn all its effectivness on one target.

More quickbars is sweet :)

The rvr missions - well, remains to be seen how viable they will be, and if there isnt a system for notifieing the other 2 realms where your mission will be taking you i see little point in the low profile missions such as the killing of npc's etc.
If there was a notice on the Commanders, something like "yes lad, the little birds have whispered to me that a nasty briton going by the name of <name> is said to be heading to the Arvakr Faste Outpost area to kill one of our scouts out there. You better go stop him before its too late" or "Enemies have been sighted making their way to intercept our caravan! Go stop those filthy bastards!" etc. This would bring players into contact with each other. Could work like a matchmaking service, where one side announces its willingness to take a mission, but the mission doesnt start until an enemy has taken up a countermission. Oh well :)

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic said:
Armsman
- The Polearm style, Distract, now has an improved growth rate for its style damage.

<rubs eyes> No.. I must have drunk too much. It can't be.. ARMSMAN LOVE! :clap:

ps. No doubt I'll wake up in the morning and it will all have been a dream

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
well tbh the nerf might not be that bad so instead of 1shooting a char they will have to get another hit in :eek: OMG no.. the shame :E

dont nerf everything at once ofc, do it in steps and people wont notice it that much :rolleyes:

Gamah

Banned
censi said:

Matt Fior <sp?> basicly said that in a quote...he said they need to make new classes actractive (read Overpowered) when they first release an expantion. So I think your the one in the wrong here.

Funkybunny

Banned
Crookshanks said:

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.75.b Release Notes
RvR Missions
March 19, 2005

===================================

Hot fix

Armsman

- After seeing a armsman in action with the new style-damge, the overall polearm dps has been lowered to clamped 3.0 dps for a lvl 50 weapon, also Polearm has been renamed to Feather.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Matt Fior <sp?> basicly said that in a quote...he said they need to make new classes actractive (read Overpowered) when they first release an expantion. So I think your the one in the wrong here.

100% correct this is what was said.

And the alternative is that Mythic's tesing was so limited/poor it failed to pick up the damage potential. (They did anyway imo)

I do wonder whether this is all there will be. This is how the scout nerfs started.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Elendar said:
the entire point of the expansion is the new very op classes, as with si they are released very op, then nerfed after the majority of players has brought the expansion so that game 'balance' is restored.
as per usual mythics swings with the nerf bat are likely to be as varied as ever, ranging from tiny, only what, 15 shrooms at once? oh no! to class toasting, seen many grps running a savage lately anyone?

Funniest post I've read in weeks :D :cheers:

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
Crookshanks said:

Its an increased damage on a taunt style. Its armsmen love, sure, but no more than if we got class-specific frilly hats or something. :p

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
It's a nerf on hexing spells that will hit hard the fotm 44/30 specs ... it doesn't look this class killing as people are showing, I think most will just reroll to 3-specs and higher Curse to minimize the nerf effect. Sad, tho, that all the hurry isn't used also to fix that amazingly crap class called valkyrie, but this is WAI.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
The valkyrie IS thane love ! Now you have a mid tank to laugh at, too :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Yma said:
The valkyrie IS thane love ! Now you have a mid tank to laugh at, too :p
Newsflash for you, Thanes have been laughed at since 1.40. Valkyrie was an attempt at the Thane Mark 2, now we have 2 classes to laugh at.

gervais said:
I do wonder whether this is all there will be. This is how the scout nerfs started.
Nerf, a slamming, blocking, mega ranging, higher SPDing fotm class, please lemme know when they nerf them so I can have a laugh!

:twak:

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Newsflash for you, Thanes have been laughed at since 1.40. Valkyrie was an attempt at the Thane Mark 2, now we have 2 classes to laugh at.
Pssssstttt ... :touch: ... I know ...

I'm happy for thanes, they can laugh at a tank now, too ...

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Quests - General
- The Pig Herder's Cap of Victory, the Badger Herder's Cap of Victory, and the Tomte Herder's Helm of Victory can now be traded and dropped into vaults.

cool 8)

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
can someone post the whole patch notes, i can read them from work :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom