1.75 test Patchnotes and Warlock nerf :)

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
thnx now u gave all mids a good specc....but anyway...atleast they dident say anything about heretic class...wich is a fun class to play...play mine on the 2 week trial on US...was fun with the constant snare fire spell that dident drain much power and hit 2x the dmg every hit...if u resisted 3 spells in a row and hitted nr 4 u hade about 4x 5x dmg then first hit...so heretics will be fun...base cleric buffs...reaver styles...heals..and self dmg shield/add...hope to c alot of heretics pwning warlocks in RvR...1vs1 warlock will kill most things...but a fg of heretics i think can take much out...2 of them casting AOE snare 2 casting snare dmg and 2 tanks and 2 heals..can´t think of a better grp (bring a sorc and u have very much fun)

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
I can assure you that Mythic doesn't nerf based on whines. If they did, every class in the game (except probably Valks, Wardens and Thanes) would be continually being nerfed into oblivion if all they did was count the number of 'OMG when are Mythic going to fix XXX' posts on VN boards. Fixes/nerfs come after solid testing data has been gathered from Pendragon players and internal test teams. This is why Warlocks were mostly untouched in 1.74 despite the huge whines after Catacombs release, Mythic did research first rather than just slap on a knee-jerk fix.

Yes, there are other classes with abilities or combinations of abilities that are overpowered in certain situations, however none are as clearly broken across the board as Warlocks currently are. Mostly the whine about other classes revolves around single abilities or situations and it's not always easy to apply a fix that only depowers one class without creating a whole lot of new balance problems in other classes or in different situations.

It's also not a 25-30% damage reduction across the board. It's a 25-30% damage reduction in two spell lines on one spec line. Cursing - Base and Spec which were designed to be the main damage lines for Warlocks are untouched. In reality Warlocks preferred lifetaps and DoTs to the high delve DDs and bolts in the Cursing spec line. All Mythic are doing is returning the Warlock to the original design concept. Spec Cursing for raw damage, Hexing for utility.

A nerf is a nerf is a nerf, no matter how u put it, it was still a nerf.

I can agree with u to some extent but when i see something like the Sorc, i just have to look at what that class gets compared to any simular class in the other realms. A Sorc gets everything... And when NF got here Sorc that was already THE best class out there got THE best RR5 RA's in the game, that kinda made me loose faith in Mythic's knowledge about balance. U can also look at the three assassin classes and try to figure out what Mythic is thinking balance wise.

Also a few things that really needs changeing for all realms are some ML abilitys like FZ, grapple and bodyguard. It's not fun to get:

- FZ'd of a boat, and the fact that it's not purgable.
- Viper3 + grapple. Killed a poor lurikeen useing this tactics yesterday.
- Bodyguard. Yeah, casters really need that extra protection.
- Speedwarped everywhere.

No matter how balanced Mythic or you think the game is, Mid will continue to loose ppl because of balance issues. But we can pretend that all of those that switch realm or game over that issue is simply wrong. Perhaps it is balanced now, but since Mid got alot more nerfs then the other realms put together i think ppl are loosing faith. Atleast i am loosing faith and feel glad that i have char's in the other realms to lean back upon.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Whats wrong with necros that needs fixing then, LOS perhaps, or how about loosing the 6 second non interupt?

(PS I have a necro, no MLs, no Artis, and mines just fine thanx.)

OMFG - Where do I start? How about:

1. The Abomination is on the mob crit table instead of the player crit table, so enemy players can record 100% crits. The Abomination is the combat form of the Necro and *not* a pet, so ought to be on the player crit table.

2. The Abomination is the combat form of the Necro, therefore should be Lvl 50 - not Lvl 44.

3. We cannot use pots while in shade form. This is just plain retarded. If they can make water pots work, we ought to be able to use mana, end and health also.

4. Procs on armour do not carry over to the pet.

5. The majority of ToA bonuses do not apply to the Necro so we lose out massively (+Spell Range etc.)

6. We can do nothing to improve our cast time. It's a fucking joke that other casters can massively increase their cast time while ours remains pathetically slow.

7. The delve on the spells is nowhere near high enough. Especially in the Sight line.

8. We have no method of dealing with Stuns or Roots.

9. The pet pathing in NF is absolutely atrocious - especially around and in towers.

10. The current Facilitate Painworking is not uninteruptable, as a million and one posts on VN Boards show. This ought to be fixed properly.

There are 10 things wrong with my class. I could easily give more. It's quite clear to me you haven't played in RVR with your Necro extensively at all. before anyone starts with the "Necros are uber at PVE so they ought to suck at RVR" - all classes ought to be equally viable in RVR. That's it. Period.

The Necro has got so many bugs it's stupid - Mythic have got a lot of work to do, but reading VN Boards I believe Matt Frior admitted recently the class is completly broken and they have no idea how to fix it. Great :(

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
its the good thing about being mid , mythic do cares for us and fixes our classes when they need it , would hate to be and alb or hib with those unfixed classes. :)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
none are as clearly broken across the board as Warlocks currently are.

Try going RVR with a Necro and think again TBH. In fact, just read the TL Reports from RedH on VN Boards. I'm not whining, just very frustrated that another patch has been released and yet again none of the most intensely irritating issues with my class have been fixed.

I would also just take issue with your comment about whines. Why is it that Mythic (and obviously you) view a negative comment or a complaint as a whine? If you feel passionate about your class and know what's broken, then Mythic ought to listen to the players and fix it (after their own testing obviously), not ignore thier customers and label the feedback as whine.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Danamyr said:
No. I want my class fixed. Not much to ask for really...

well it apears it is to much to ask for ppl have been moaning about necros since the release of SI not gonna happen anytime soon.. unless they remake the class

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Danamyr said:
Try going RVR with a Necro and think again TBH. In fact, just read the TL Reports from RedH on VN Boards. I'm not whining, just very frustrated that another patch has been released and yet again none of the most intensely irritating issues with my class have been fixed.

I would also just take issue with your comment about whines. Why is it that Mythic (and obviously you) view a negative comment or a complaint as a whine? If you feel passionate about your class and know what's broken, then Mythic ought to listen to the players and fix it (after their own testing obviously), not ignore thier customers and label the feedback as whine.
Fair point, labelling all negative comments as whine is a bit of a broad sweep. However, there are constructive comments where people list all the things wrong with a class and ways in which they could be fixed reasonably while accepting that there may well be areas in which the 'overpowered' class needs a boost, and then there's the other 99% of threads in which someone who just got killed in RvR comes to vent.

The comment I made about fixing based on whines was in response to Cracked's post where he said Mythic nerfed Warlocks 'because the other realms whines to much'.

As far as ignoring the players is concerned, I don't honestly feel that Mythic does that at all. Nearly all changes that crop up in patch notes are as a result of player feedback. Yes there are things that players have been asking for for a long time - double speccing in Alb, pet pathing on all pet classes, various problems with Animists either being gods or lepers depending on the situation however these aren't as easy to fix at one fell swoop as a simple change to the delve of spells. In many cases opinion is sharply divided over what needs to be or should be done. What do you do if you are in charge of balance and 200 players are giving you feedback to support 50 incompatible points of view? As I said most of the complaints about overpowered classes derive from particular situations and combnations of abilities that may well be sared by more than one class. While it's easy to say 'reduce the effectiveness of ability x because it's too powerful when class y uses it with class abily z', Mythic have to take into account the other classes who also have access to ability x or members of class y who don't have ability z. When a fix is possible, it's usually done, when a fix isn't done it's usually because it's not possible to do it without breaking other things more.

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't played a warlock myself or against one, but from what I hear they are insane. I mean all classes have their drawbacks, some have big some smaller, but they exist. A caster drawback would be being interrupted by annoying shaman bastards (love my shaman :fluffle: ) , but thats not really a problem since their chambers are instants when they release em, and they got that uninterruptable primer right?

Personally i think the nerf/fix was right. When they fixed the LA dmg, a whole lot of zerkers i know whined nonstop about not dealing dmg, but as far as i can see a whole lot of ppl prefer them rather than savages nowadays?

I'm sure warlocks will still be a very viable class, and I'm also sure ppl will find ways to counter them even if it looks grim atm.

Personally I'm rolling a vampiir, they look awesome :)

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Mirari said:
When they fixed the LA dmg, a whole lot of zerkers i know whined nonstop about not dealing dmg, but as far as i can see a whole lot of ppl prefer them rather than savages nowadays?
I just hope they won't have to wait 1-2 years like berserkers did :eek7:

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
*snip* A great reply *snip*

Thanks for taking the time to post that mate.

I agree, balance is a nightmare. But balance can only be truely effective if all of the classes being balanced are RVR viable. Mine class is great in PVE, but I want to be able to play her well in RVR, because PVE really doesn't interest me. Unfortunately my class isn't really RVR viable, but it could be if the issues I identified above in response to Whoodoo are addressed. I don't want to be Necros to be overpowered, I just want them to work and have a chance :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Cracked said:
Also a few things that really needs changeing for all realms are some ML abilitys like FZ, grapple and bodyguard. It's not fun to get:

- FZ'd of a boat, and the fact that it's not purgable.
- Viper3 + grapple. Killed a poor lurikeen useing this tactics yesterday.
- Bodyguard. Yeah, casters really need that extra protection.
- Speedwarped everywhere.

Just so you know by the time we get to 1.75A:

FZ will be on a 15m timer and no longer work on people on boats
Speedwarps will only stick around for 5m and the effect will only last 30s.

I really like speedwarp though - sucks to be in a pickup group with no speed and get flattened because that gank group went from clip range to melee range in the blink of an eye at speed 6 :)

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
The nerf is good, in its current form the Warlock class is totally stupid as there is little or nothing u can do to combat one. Glad that mythic saw sense so quickly.

Mirari said:
Personally i think the nerf/fix was right. When they fixed the LA dmg, a whole lot of zerkers i know whined nonstop about not dealing dmg, but as far as i can see a whole lot of ppl prefer them rather than savages nowadays?

Zerkers were hitting far too hard at time and the nerf was needed. Reason nobody plays savages anymore is cos they dont get to choose banelord as their ml line and they dont get charge either. For some crazy reason Mythic decided to give BDs the banelord option, along with twf, made no sense at all as the class was already very powerful as it was.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
Just so you know by the time we get to 1.75A:

FZ will be on a 15m timer and no longer work on people on boats
Speedwarps will only stick around for 5m and the effect will only last 30s.

I really like speedwarp though - sucks to be in a pickup group with no speed and get flattened because that gank group went from clip range to melee range in the blink of an eye at speed 6 :)

until people learn to bypass speedwarps...

DONT ask me how u do it but it is possible, im sure of it since I see a specific midgrp on Merlin run mach6 straight through a speedwarp. The theurg that dropped the warp was like.. O.K? wtf was that? :)

Gonna appeal it next time, hopefully get it on tape aswell.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
OMG! They fixed the mentalist charm bug, only took since the release of TOA. :(

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
You think Im daft?

If I say you're daft, will that help? ;)

Insat-kill... Every realm I'm sure would love that... Just should never be allowed... Hell, don't get me started on stun...

We can all point out things that are ridiculously overpowered in other realms and sometimes turn a blind eye to our own (and frequently do) but I've never ben a fan of playing those classes... (Hence the earth wiz OMFG - Gimp)

Just wish they'd do some rework on my earth line... GTAOE sucks :(

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Necros RvR?

You aren't supposed to be RvRing hence the reason you can't get on boats :D

Go back to powerlevelling!

Gamah

Banned
FU Zedenz go back to PvE'ing yourself...everyone knows sb's are op pve tbh.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Funny seeing all the Mids whine about a class they have yet to get :)
Seriously though seen a few logs whch shows the current (unnerfed) Warlock damage and it's safe to say a level 45-50 ML0 rr1 Warlock can insta kill a rr11 person who is backed up by atleast 2 healers with 1 DI3 up, please show me a class that can do that.
Also DI ain't a counter to Warlock damage as DI has a 10 minute recast timer while the Warlocks chambers have a 15 seconds (correct me if I am wrong) recast timer so DI will go down and then? insta kill, insta kill, insta kill, oh DI is back saves me from 1 insta kill...

Personally I don't like insta spells that much especially insta spells that do damage unless they have a 10+ minute recast timer aswell.
Also since many Mids here now seem to hate Warlocks due to this nerf which has yet to affect them in any way I will think it's safe to say any Wiz I know will gladly swap for a Warlock even after the nerf damage.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
i know.. all the mids crying about warlock nerfs , dont make one.. or piss off to WoW .. that way we..

A.) Wont have to put up with the stupid Bullshit class in RvR
and
B.) Albion will have less people to interupt/leech on our fights with hibs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom