1.70 / 1.71

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
What was the plan on the Euro servers (cant log into right now to ask from Work)

I thought I read somewhere, GoA would wait for 1.71 before translating to bring new frontiers to the Euro servers, to avoid some of the problems experienced by the USA.

This still the case?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Uhm

Tears said:
What was the plan on the Euro servers (cant log into right now to ask from Work)

I thought I read somewhere, GoA would wait for 1.71 before translating to bring new frontiers to the Euro servers, to avoid some of the problems experienced by the USA.

This still the case?

I'm afraid they already stated that they gonna implement 1.70 "cause it's a solid version" or something like that.
Needles to say am VERY concerned about that and as we asked in these forum too i'd like GOA to put up a poll about it on their website.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed.

I sugested a poll on these boards a while ago, which some kind mod made active - the results were clear that people would rather wait for 1.71 - However I on the other hand wanted 1.70 ASAP !!! but looking at the posts on VNBoards, the moans about server lag, and looking at the current change log for 1.71 I think id rather wait.

Edit: found the first post.
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=21013

39.72% : I want Frontiers and I want it Now! (143 Votes)
60.28% : I want the Americans to find all the bugs first please. (217 Votes)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I want 1.70 yesterday, anything the kills emain is a good thing for DAoC even if there are a few bugs in the 1.70 code. Also waiting for a final version of 1.71 before doing the translation could well mean waiting till November for the next patch and I am sure that 90% of the actual playerbase (non-FH members) would be pissed at waiting another 5 months for features they want now.

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Agreed.

I sugested a poll on these boards a while ago, which some kind mod made active - the results were clear that people would rather wait for 1.71 - However I on the other hand wanted 1.70 ASAP !!! but looking at the posts on VNBoards, the moans about server lag, and looking at the current change log for 1.71 I think id rather wait.

Edit: found the first post.
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=21013

39.72% : I want Frontiers and I want it Now! (143 Votes)
60.28% : I want the Americans to find all the bugs first please. (217 Votes)
Aye, 360 votes really count for a 100.000 people community.

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
It was stated that the next version is 1.70 a while back. Mythic had fixed most of the 1.70 bugs with the hot fixes and additional patches already. 1.71 has mostly new stuff.

Of course, I'd like 1.71 rather than 1.70 but I guess the work has already started, 1.71 is just going live in US today and NF is probably a big translation task anyway...

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
SevenSins said:
Aye, 360 votes really count for a 100.000 people community.

Who said anything about that vote representing the entire population of DAOC ? Its just the people who read the boards. Infact its just the people who read that single thread and could be bothered to click on a vote.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Patch Going Live Tomorrow
Posted By: Sanya Thomas
2004-08-23 14:04:31
cat_dev.gif
[font=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We will bring the servers down tomorrow at 8:00 AM EDT. It's a big patch and we've got a lot to do, so my best guess is that our servers will be back up at 2:00 PM EDT. And as always, keep your browser on the Herald for updates.
[/font]
Seems 1.71 going "soild" today in the US. Personally I would rather w8 for 1.71 due to a lot of reasons. In my eyes 1.70 is a "pre-release" or an "open-beta". Lets use those yanks as crash-test-dummies imo!

Req or Eri should realy consider to add atlest the most immportant parts of 1.71 or the whole patch if possible. Speaking for myself I sure would w8 a few more weeks to get 1.71. Req/Eri make a poll on the official site, send an email to all subscribers about the poll and let the whole community decide, not just us FH-zerglings ;)

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
It may not be in GOAs hands how they patch, especially if Mythic want to avoid the "1.70 was a big mistake that 1.71 fixes" label. If I remember rightly, the way the patching works is that Mythic send out the patch to GOA to translate, GOA send it back to Mythic to recode anything thats gone out of whack due to translation, then Mythic send it back to GOA for the patching to our servers. If Mythic refuse to send out 1.71 until the 1.70 patch is complete (to keep their workload to a minimum) there's not much GOA can do about it, unless the playerbase wants to wait for snowfights in the hot place :p

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
We might as well go to 1.70 - I honestly don't think 1.71 is going to make any great amount of difference anyway. Thats just a guess though, I still hold that RvR is what you make of it though and i'd like to think that those that want to 8v8 will still be able too (no me though, I can't wait for the new keeps :D)

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Who said anything about that vote representing the entire population of DAOC ? Its just the people who read the boards. Infact its just the people who read that single thread and could be bothered to click on a vote.
"I sugested a poll on these boards a while ago, which some kind mod made active - the results were clear that people would rather wait for 1.71."

Freddyshouse readers are what, 5/10% of the entire community? =o

How is it so clear that "people would rather wait for 1.71" then if there's done no polls by GOA, or ingame enquiries?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
SevenSins said:
"I sugested a poll on these boards a while ago, which some kind mod made active - the results were clear that people would rather wait for 1.71."

OMG talk about taking things out of content, When your talking about a poll and then say "the results were clear that people" you generaly are refering to the reults of a poll, rather than including those who would be affected but did not vote.

Here... have a braincell !

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Or rephrase your post including that it goes for Freddyshouse readers and not the entire DAoC community? :|

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
everyone with half a brain would understand what he mean.
No, because I see biasement on the poll outcome that simply, or interpreted this way, would go for the whole DAoC community, as it DOES EFFECT the whole DAoC community, or am I wrong? :(

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Wait for 1.71. We got the post-repair-patch TOA, I'd like to see us get the same thing with NF.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
SevenSins said:
No, because I see biasement on the poll outcome that simply, or interpreted this way, would go for the whole DAoC community, as it DOES EFFECT the whole DAoC community, or am I wrong? :(

Your wrong.

How can a public poll be biased ? It clearly stated two options and let the community of Fredyshouse elect their preference. If you seriously think GoA would look at under 5% of the games population from an unofficial source and act accordingly then you have a very closed mind.

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Shrug, it's not about GOA taking action over a FH poll, it's just that (I felt) you made it sound that these votes would represent the whole DAoC community.

Anyway I'll back out seeing that as you have to resort to flaming ("Here, have a braincell." etc) to get your point.

So congrats.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
When some polling institutes are pre-polling the elections to know the current votes, they are not asking the whole population of a country are they? Most of the time 10.000 people are representative for 15 million people.

Kaap

Fledgling Freddie
Dont get so excited about New Frontiers. I've played there for over a year now. New Frontiers brought horror to this game. Check server status for every server in the USA. Albion has by far the most relics.

NF made it so that the realm who can field the most people, wins. We all know which realm in overall mostly has the most people. Well, give all those people instant porting and try guessing what the result will be.

I'm putting my accounts up on Ebay in the next week. I'll be moving to the Euro servers. Since I'm a euro anyway, no NF here yet, and things seem a bit more balanced here anyway. So if NF does come here, I hope it wont have such a negative impact.

Although, I hope GOA aint ignorant, and do /relics on servers like Merlin, Guinevere, MLF and Lancelot and see where the problem lies.

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
NF sucks guys. enjoy your last days of fun RvR.

To add to Kaap's statement... Now give them all trebs. Yeah. Enjoy.

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
Prudil said:
Lets use those yanks as crash-test-dummies imo!

Hurt my feelings more plz QQ

Yanks...I am outraged! <throws his cheeseburger across the room, rolls out of his chair, and gets Jerry Springer on the phone>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom