1.69e: Hunter Love, Absorb Focus For Main Buffers...

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I know someone started a thread about the focus absorb spell but here is the whole patch with some hunter love, buff shearing changes and a focus damage absorb spell for the primary buffers:

==================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Test Version 1.69e Release Notes

March 18, 2004

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Client performance caused by spell effects, encountering new players/monsters, and large battles should be greatly improved, especially on Windows XP systems. Users who have previously set their clients to use "NT4 Compatibility Mode" should no longer do so with 1.69 - this client version should have similar or better performance than enabling this flag.

- Right clicking on a Combat Style icon will now display the name of the Previous Style requirement if there is one (before, it would simply show that there was a previous style required).

- We have added slash commands for "/bonuses" and "/journal" - these commands do the same thing as if you had clicked on the respective buttons on the Command Window.

- Endurance drain spells now report, "Your target's stamina wavers!" to the caster/proc beneficiary.

- (ToA Only) The Vault has been changed to optionally have a "Page Mode" where you can view only items on a certain page, for those players who like to organize their personal and house vaults by pages.

- Fixed an issue where spamming a key bound to a quickbar macro could make the macro (such as /qbar) fire incorrectly.

- The text of a macro will no longer be added to the list of previously entered commands (accessed by pressing "Shift-Up").

- (Pendragon Only) Players will no longer lose experience when killed by enemy realm guards.

- (Pendragon Only) The Market Explorer will now correctly return the proper number of items on each page for the search results.

- (Pendragon Only) Players will no longer lose their guild tags for newly formed guilds when leaving the zone the guild was created in.

- (Pendragon Only) Spells will no longer do damage to dead players.

TOA USER INTERFACE MODDING SUPPORT

- New Events: QuiverDump

BUFF SHEARING CHANGES

Based on Pendragon testing feedback, we have made some changes to how buff shearing works.

- We have removed the lowest tier of buff shearing spells. This leaves two tiers, a single target version and an area effect version. Both of these versions will be able to strip buffs regardless of level.

- We have changed the casting time of the cleric version of buff shearing spells to make it consistent with the druid version.

- The damage component of the Cleric and Shaman versions of the Strength/Constitution and Constitution shears has been removed.

- The damage component of the Druid version of the Strength/Constitution and Constitution shears has been halved.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

Buffing Class Changes

- Focus Shell spells have been added to the buffing lines of Druids, Shaman, and Clerics. These spells, which can be cast on others as well as oneself, absorb a significant amount of damage from all sources. The caster of the spell will have power drained as the focus shell is held in place, and the shell will drop if the caster moves or takes any other action. The recipient of the focus shell will not be able to take any action or use any ability, including attacking or healing, while the focus shell is up without causing the shell to fail. The recipient of the focus shell (if other than the caster) will be able to move without the shell breaking, provided they remain within a 2000 unit range of the focus shell caster and maintains line of sight. The shell will only protect against realm enemies.

Shaman - Augmentation Spec Line
41 Spirit Shell (Absorbs 70%)

Cleric - Enhancement Spec Line
46 Hand of God (Absorbs 85%)

Druid - Nurture Spec Line
47 Nature's Cocoon (Absorbs 90%)

Hunter

- Hunters may now attempt to find hidden enemies who have just killed one of their Realmmates via a new ability called "Call of the Hounds". To activate this new ability, the body of your Realmmate must first be selected. Then, six hounds are "called" that will sniff their way to any nearby enemies (stealthed or not). The hounds move at a very slow speed, but should they somehow catch up to a stealther, they will not attack but will bark incessantly instead. If there are no nearby enemies when this ability is used, no hounds will be summoned.

Hunter - Beastcraft Spec Line
30 Call of the Hounds

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

Hibernia Quests

- A rumor has recently been spreading through Hibernia that a cursed lute has surfaced and is causing problems. Kyle, the Healer in Ceannai, could use some help with this problem. If you are at least level 12, seek out Kyle if you can help him.

SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES

Item Notes

- The Bracer of Sepulchral Light (Albion) now has a power regen charge instead of an acuity buff charge.

- The Sepulchral Bardiche (Albion) will now drop with the correct material and dps values.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

Oceanus Encounters

- Zahur and his minions will now correctly return to their spawn point after combat is over.

Item Notes

- Delve information has been added to the arrows summoned by the Braggart's Bow and Mariasha's Sharkskin gloves to indicate their bonuses.

- Items with Damage or Range bonuses that use a "vs. monster" requirement are now effective against several types of monsters.

- The Legs of the Subjugator (Albion) now have the correct reinforced icon instead of a plate icon.

FOUNDATIONS NOTES

- Brisworthy (Albion) - There is now a horse route from Lucearak to Morgealaine.

- Meath (Hibernia) - There are now horse routes that run between the following sets of NPCs: Kennet and Erie, Kennet and Ainslee, Ainslee and Cintusmus, Tomin and Cintusmus.

This client performance improve seems very nice to be honest :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
woot, you mean ill be able to focus pull with shammy? :D

just need to find a healer then o_O

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
woot, you mean ill be able to focus pull with shammy? :D

just need to find a healer then o_O

Only works against enemy realm players tho :p

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
really fair :s
give hunters and only hunters another way to detect stealthers

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Indiana said:
really fair :s

sounds fair to me :p

<hides his hunter>

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Tell me if im right.
A druid or cleric with that absorb = buffbot
A shammy brings end regen, buffs and only need 41 buff spec to get it.

Also I smell shammy + savage duo. Attackers attack shaman, who has absorb up, dont take dmg while savage slaughters them... And if they attack the savage the shammy can cast the shield on savage o_O Owch?

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
Tell me if im right.
A druid or cleric with that absorb = buffbot
A shammy brings end regen, buffs and only need 41 buff spec to get it.

Also I smell shammy + savage duo. Attackers attack shaman, who has absorb up, dont take dmg while savage slaughters them... And if they attack the savage the shammy can cast the shield on savage o_O Owch?

Focus breaks when the cleric/shaman/druid takes damage if I did understand it right...

The caster of the spell will have power drained as the focus shell is held in place, and the shell will drop if the caster moves or takes any other action.

With 'taking action' I guess they also mean taking damage..?

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Focus breaks when the cleric/shaman/druid takes damage if I did understand it right...
What would be the point of casting it on themselves then? Anyway, thats slight relief, but I hope that change never go live tbh.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Macceh^ said:
Hunters can finally live up to their class name :D

Yeah now let scouts be able to live up to their name ... give us cute boy and girl scout uniforms and give "Make Campfire" at level 30 ... so we can finally roast marshmellows!!

Seriously though ... if they add this to hunters they should give scouts and rangers some way to counter it... or something simular..it's not like Hunters get wtfpwned by their counterparts on a regular basis...

Flawless

Fledgling Freddie
from tests on US... the new hunter abilty is more of a hinderance than a gods gift to finding the enemies.

u must reveal ur self for 3 seconds to caste, pets move really slow, u gotta find a dead realm m8 who aint released.. its on a 15 minute timer.

Apparently its complete crap that barely stands up to being Fluff.

i guess only time will tell, but from what i read as an Albion i aint worried about this naff ability at all.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
are they ever gonna give hunters morph?... btw i think rangers and scouts r gonna get sumthing simular to what hunters have been given

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i wont be happy until i get an armaggedon spell :D

kills anything in the zone including yourself :D

imagine relic defence o_O

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:

The person who has the shield on can not do anything except move. The caster can't even move plus it probably breaks on damage, just like other focus spells.

Kyken

Fledgling Freddie
kind of crappy patch imo....

pendragon testers says the focus shield takes a full power bar in about 20-30 seconds... sure that's a long time in rvr but that's also a FULL power bar.... also if the shaman takes any damage or moves or anything the shield brakes...

and the hunter pets is kind of fun :) the pets doesn't discover the assassin, only shows where he is... then the hunter have to go there and get PA'd and killed by random infil.... :)
sure they can pop TS and shoot them but they could have done that anyway, without having to cast a stupid spell which will show the assassin where they are.
(altho i don't play a hunter so i wouldn't know... but to me this looks kind of stupid...!)

Glendower

Fledgling Freddie
As was suggested, just more crappy fluff.

Some game must be due for release ;b

SiD

Fledgling Freddie

Tested this on pendragon, and ended up killing the hunter more often than it helped, you will still have to uncover the stealther to kill him or be foreced to use TS/SL to actually get him still.

The dogs run REALLY slow and pretty much only usefull if you stand around ... and what stealther really stands around after they have killed someone?

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
if you cast shield on someone else does it stay up, absorbing damage until power runs out?

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
i see this having no effect on rvr.
shammy is welcome to use it...no interrupts yay \o/

easy to interrupt the user doing it also, just seems a waste of space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom