1.69D - Polishing continues

Serdan

Fledgling Freddie
Not really much in the patch, mostly small additions and bug fixing which make the game more enjoyable. :)

Personally, I like some things, like: /gc logins command, more shield delves, runlock autodisabled after sticking, further ToA items changes, quiver button, sounds updates and new trophies.

Full info here:

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1378.shtml

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Belorfyn the Spiritmaster can't wait for 1.69!
This happens all the time: Autorunning, facing to stop for pbaes, target dies wee running again "You move and interrupt" x 20 until noticing, oops dead :)

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
Belorfyn said:
Belorfyn the Spiritmaster can't wait for 1.69!
This happens all the time: Autorunning, facing to stop for pbaes, target dies wee running again "You move and interrupt" x 20 until noticing, oops dead :)
Yeah, had that all too much myself. Also when playing a melee class and tanking in some dangerous area like volcanus I'll be on a mob, it'll die and then I'll start running into lava if we're fighting next to it or another mobs agro radius and have to stop myself before I do ;) it's a very handy change.

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Falcon said:
Yeah, had that all too much myself. Also when playing a melee class and tanking in some dangerous area like volcanus I'll be on a mob, it'll die and then I'll start running into lava if we're fighting next to it or another mobs agro radius and have to stop myself before I do ;) it's a very handy change.

Hehe. I'll miss the funny moments when you come back from afk in rvr/pve and start wondering where you are after running forward for 5 minutes... :)
Or chase and protect groupmate through 2 zones of afk running, which has sometimes been worth good laugh :) But there's quest like that in ML6 so suppose we can get same thing from that :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
- A new horse route has been added to Midgard housing. Jorund now sells tickets to Yili in the Frisia Marketplace.

OMG more Midgard love, this is getting fucking stupid!

Path

Fledgling Freddie
They keep making additional versions of every melee artifact, when will they wake up and realise that clerics - DO NOT - want a bloody melee version of Mad Scalars :worthy:

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
3 things:

Remove buff shears
give cleric some kind of self defence
stop artifacts degrading so fast, or not atall

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
Remove buff shearsl

We dont even have buff shears yet!? Its still in testing.. :eek7:

Anyway its a great idea, designed to counter the uber gank group setup who will actually have to run around with their buffing class now if they want to stay all uber. It wont however affect solo stealthers etc, seeing as it pretty rare we ever meet a solo healer who is capable of buff shearing.

All sounds good to me!

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Gef said:
We dont even have buff shears yet!? Its still in testing..

Anyway its a great idea, designed to counter the uber gank group setup who will actually have to run around with their buffing class now if they want to stay all uber. It wont however affect solo stealthers etc, seeing as it pretty rare we ever meet a solo healer who is capable of buff shearing.

All sounds good to me!

Since I don't like buffbots, I was just thinking today that maybe I make high aug shammy so I can run around and spam AE shearing on all MG doors hehe :)

Anyway, buffshearing thingy sounds ok to me so far, and if they get used in most fights, opted groups using buffbots are gonna find themselves returning to PK to rebuff after each fight, returning via portal if they don't run :)
I suppose it hurts Mid groups some, what with the ER buff being conc buff but maybe if people couldn't had used buffbots to "fix" it, who knows, it might had been changed already. Mythic seems often to make fixes based on amount of whines on US boards anyway :)
Then again, Mid groups get advantage from end regen running while buffer mezzed etc.
Maybe everyone in opted group isn't just supposed to be fully buffed, and would be sign of more skill there if people actually started making the group lineups so that they have to think how much they want the good buffs vs. the addition of healer/tank they can have instead of shammy. Who knows, we might even see more than one kind of groups (!) if people start having ideas of their own (!!) :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
[NO]Subedai said:
3 things:

give cleric some kind of self defence

uuh?

instapbaemez
bof
chainarmor
2 instaheals if specced for RVR
healprocc as a buff
70con as highlander from start

uuh? wtf u want? instaroots, instastuns, platearmor, speccshield and 2.5x? :)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
uuh?

instapbaemez
bof
chainarmor
2 instaheals if specced for RVR
healprocc as a buff
70con as highlander from start

uuh? wtf u want? instaroots, instastuns, platearmor, speccshield and 2.5x? :)

I think he means something the cleric 'can defend himself with' aka fight back, not more of the delaying death stuff :rolleyes:

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
clerics onl main healer with some kind of 1min+ root/mezz, Healers Shamen, Druids and Bards all have CC, neither of Albs Healers get ranged CC, only other healing class without CC is warden (which is the only 3rd class healer in game).

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Still waiting for some decent hunter changes. Or archer changes that, for a change, benefit hunters more than the other two archer classes. (That would be a first! :))

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Artifact Notes

- The Snakecharmer's Whip has been changed to 3.5 speed in response to player feedback. This is a retroactive change.

Lovely >:) Reaver love atlast!

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Balbor said:
clerics onl main healer with some kind of 1min+ root/mezz, Healers Shamen, Druids and Bards all have CC, neither of Albs Healers get ranged CC, only other healing class without CC is warden (which is the only 3rd class healer in game).

heh, yea poor clerics..

bards have 1 single form of CC and is the mainCCclass of hib. They also have the worst endregen of all realms.

Druids have root yep.. root.. heal.. root.. heal.. root.. heal.. hmm... cant do both tho sadly.

Healers are really 2 classes in one, specc either way and you have a kinda different job to fulfill in a group. Whats the problem with that?

Shamans can CC some, dot some, disease some.. (one of daocs best classes imho) but are shamans really like a cleric? No, not really.

What you forget to mention when comparing stuff is:

Mincers are chainwearing speeders with stun, mez, abla etc.
Paladins wear plate and have end as a chant to add to their arsenal of chants.
Theurgs have around 2.2k range with toa and their pets last 1min and you cannot sprint from them.
Sorc have over 2000 range with toa and the best radius on the mez, they have a mezreduction"chant" and are generally a very powerful caster.
Clerics have a way better armortable than druids have, scale is bollox, complete bollox.

etc etc, why you bring up clerics CC is beyond me tbh. Realms are different and all have their strenghts and weaknesses. The only real difference is on the stealtherside tbh, since minstrels is an utilityclass and no other realm have something even remotely close to that.

Look at albs potentials instead of seeing what the other realms have. You kinda have it all except ranged instamez and instastun. Other than that you have several goodies that no other realm even have. Is that really so bad? :) If albs then dont use the potential and sit in APK.. well thats nobodys fault really.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Sorcerer is the best CC class in the game blah blah blah....
Except they need to land a mezz at the start, else they'll spend the rest of the fight being chased around and without instas-interrupts... that's a wasted CC class.

CC isn't just mezz/root... but interrupts count as CC too and Bards have this as a long-range insta ability. Doesn't matter if they don't mezz at the start. GP will bring them back into the fight >> Mezz >> spam amnesia = good CC class. Sorc misses mezz >> run = no CC

A 40M/36P Healer is good for back-up CC. I have enough time in fights to cast Stun on enemy casters. Now if I had mezzez/amnesia like Healers, I'd be like... happy and stuff oO

You think it's funny to have a grey-con pet biting your ass and what can you do but waste 15seconds[/i] to kill the fucker.... in that time your sorc is dead and second group member is going down. Now the druid who sent the pet starts spamming you with root so you're still useless with interrupts. And then you have a green-con pet to deal with and chanter-pets start nuking you. It's in situations like these that clerics need some form of defence... and having BoF/instapbaemez/chainarmor/2 instaheals/healprocc doesn't help. Interrupts are as important as mezz/roots. Hib groups come with insta amnesia, and mids come with three healers who can cast it. Alb groups have a sorc who can cast it... if he's not dead or on the run from the MA train or being interrupted by silly greycon pets :x

bahamot

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
The only real difference is on the stealtherside tbh, since minstrels is an utilityclass and no other realm have something even remotely close to that.
Minstrels are complete gimps, please make them better, else we dont stand a chance

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Escape said:
Sorcerer is the best CC class in the game blah blah blah....
Except they need to land a mezz at the start, else they'll spend the rest of the fight being chased around and without instas-interrupts... that's a wasted CC class.

CC isn't just mezz/root... but interrupts count as CC too and Bards have this as a long-range insta ability. Doesn't matter if they don't mezz at the start. GP will bring them back into the fight >> Mezz >> spam amnesia = good CC class. Sorc misses mezz >> run = no CC

A 40M/36P Healer is good for back-up CC. I have enough time in fights to cast Stun on enemy casters. Now if I had mezzez/amnesia like Healers, I'd be like... happy and stuff oO

You think it's funny to have a grey-con pet biting your ass and what can you do but waste 15seconds[/i] to kill the fucker.... in that time your sorc is dead and second group member is going down. Now the druid who sent the pet starts spamming you with root so you're still useless with interrupts. And then you have a green-con pet to deal with and chanter-pets start nuking you. It's in situations like these that clerics need some form of defence... and having BoF/instapbaemez/chainarmor/2 instaheals/healprocc doesn't help. Interrupts are as important as mezz/roots. Hib groups come with insta amnesia, and mids come with three healers who can cast it. Alb groups have a sorc who can cast it... if he's not dead or on the run from the MA train or being interrupted by silly greycon pets :x

and as usual, people start the meaningless debate about realmbalanceissues they feel just their own realm suffer from. That was not the point with my post at all. I was just showing that; for every single little pitiful imbalance you might see, there are always an explanation or another little bit that outbalances it.

I'd go so far as to say, if you feel that your realm is gimped, then the problem do not lie in your realm, but in yourself as a player.

And Escape, I never said Sorc is the best CCclass out there, I said, its a very powerful class, which every high RR Sorc would agree with me on (unless they are complete gimps and zerged to high RR or something). I have played it myself so I know what they are capable of. Dont twist stuff around to suit your silly whine better.

The funny thing you also say is: "else they'll spend the rest of the fight being chased around and without instas-interrupts... that's a wasted CC class."..

well, welcome to the bards world, or druids, or shamans.. etc.. you get my point? Or are you too blind to see that _every single potential dangerous toon in a group suffer from same problem in all realms?_. Sorc survival is up to either his kitingskills, or his pallys shield. Either is quite ok. Druids rely on hero's shield or.. kiting, bards.. shamans.. etc.. same shit, different realms. You think scale is better than cloth? you think 400 more HPs matter? No, it doesnt really matter, if a tanktrain is determined to kill someone, they will kill that person unless the person beeing chased around is good at kiting etc, same with some casters assisting, thats just how it is. Look abit wider than your narrowminded whineyeyes allow you to atm and try to see the big picture instead. Your realm is not the least gimped, only you are if you think it is.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
bahamot said:
Minstrels are complete gimps, please make them better, else we dont stand a chance

I cant see any smiley or something so I assume you actually are serious and then I'll just say. The minstrel that is a gimp, is played by a very poor player tbh that still has some stuff to learn. :)

bahamot

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
I cant see any smiley or something so I assume you actually are serious and then I'll just say. The minstrel that is a gimp, is played by a very poor player tbh that still has some stuff to learn. :)
I was actualy trying to look serious :p
I see that minstrels will have a big more power now in toa, look at shade of mist level 10 ability. even though a sb might have one to, minstrels still have dds to go trough the absorbation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom