1.65d Armsmen

Y

yurka_polearm

Albion Polearm

- Disabler has been changed to medium to-hit and now chains off of Defender's Cross.

- Poleaxe has been changed to chain off of Defender's Rage and now has a high to-hit bonus.

- Defender's Revenge has been changed to medium fatigue and chain off of Phalanx. Additionally, the damage has been lowered.

Albion 2handed

- Doubler has been changed to a rear positional, medium damage snare style.

- Sun and Moon has been changed to a high damage 7s stun style that chains off of doubler.

- Bone Breaker has been changed to a bleed that chains off of Bone Splitter.

=====

Polearm now Phlanx followed by Revenge = 9 sec stun usable in normal rvr?!

wheres aegis gone?

E

Ekydus

Yup. :(
I'm really starting to feel for you Armsmen... It's like they are forcing you to go S/S, then they will put a boost in and laugh at you. :(
It's like Mythic are seriously saying:
"Hmm, moaning about Savages..."
-"Nerf them a little."
"Moaning about Armsmen..."
-"Nerf them a little."

or something... Best melee class in Albion my ass TBH...

S

stighelmer

Originally posted by yurka_polearm
Polearm now Phlanx followed by Revenge = 9 sec stun usable in normal rvr?!

wheres aegis gone?
Hopefully it will stay the same. I dont feel it's that big of a nerf if u not into soloing. But if u are u loose one of the sweet things with pole...

But here is a thought after the change:

Phalanx (with CB/Mangle as backup)
Revenge (9 sec stun)
Phalanx
Aegis (long time - dont remeber time - snare)
Phalanx/Aegis 'til u go crazy (with CB/Mangle as back up)

And in 5-6 years the freakishly overpowered savage will be dead (unless he turns and oneshots u that is)

Y

yurka_polearm

The new anytime combos for pole

Cripling Blow - Mangle = High endurance (instead of disabler)

Poleaxe to chain off Rage ( dunno wtf their ideas are for that combo)

Revenge to chain off Phlanx ( 9 sec stun after doing back positional, could be decent, though dmg has been decreased ((wow even worse dmg for the swing time ))

So wheres Aegis gone!?!?

S

stighelmer

Originally posted by Ekydus
In 5-6 years DAoC will be dead TBH...

well TBH,

if i sit spamming keys for 5-6 years my gf gonna oneshot me.

edit: nn

K

Kagato.

Dammit you beat me too it, already had my rant.

Mythic really seem to hate soloers.

Y

yurka_polearm

Maybe aegis will still chain off Phlanx , but it needs to be higher dmg

D

Draylor

So wheres Aegis gone!?!?
Its still available as a followup to phalanx - for when theyre already immune to stun.

Im assuming aegis will outdamage the new (lower dmg) version of revenge, but we'll just have to wait and see for a bit.

K

Kagato.

The only changes that we're needed:

poleaxe should of been made to low fatigue cost OR medium fatigue cost +medium to hit bonus.

That would of made it an attractive alternative to the crip/dis chain.

Aegis should of been made Rear positional, instead of chaining of phalanx.

Thats it, thats all we needed. A nice level 50 style and a decent anytime, Rage/Revenge was fine as it was.

C

Conchabar

We play the game called nerfalot ^_^ play hf then get stabbed in the ass by mythic learn it well for thats all we can receive ;)

V

Vireb

tbh im looking forward to the 2h changes being 2h thrust armsman, 2 usable stuns (side and back chains) and a rear snare tbh i see that being quite nice, rarely have probs with positionals in rvr and i use rear positional 2h (double back/twofists) chain already just means ill change it over :)

B

bracken_woodman

Albion 2handed

- Doubler has been changed to a rear positional, medium damage snare style.

- Sun and Moon has been changed to a high damage 7s stun style that chains off of doubler.

- Bone Breaker has been changed to a bleed that chains off of Bone Splitter.

Well doubler/ sun and moon combo looks promising for using on fleeing healers.

E

Ekydus

You have to look at this as what Mythic were thinking. Were they only thinking about Armsmen despite the fact Paladins get 2H too?

Nerf Polearm a little.
Boost 2H a little.

Although, nerfing Polearm makes no sence whatsoever... They are meant to be the best damage dealing tank of the realm.

Y

yurka_polearm

2hd is starting to look even more appealing

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Kagato.
Rage/Revenge was fine as it was.
For you - sure.

For every other polearm spec'd armsman on the server that I can think of - sorry I dont agree.

J

Jaxal

Originally posted by Vireb
tbh im looking forward to the 2h changes being 2h thrust armsman, 2 usable stuns (side and back chains) and a rear snare tbh i see that being quite nice, rarely have probs with positionals in rvr and i use rear positional 2h (double back/twofists) chain already just means ill change it over :)

lol, u actually use double back? it has a 2 second stun on it :p

if u use that style on support, they have stun immunity and they cant be stunned properly anymore

better to use the anytime style, breaker has 6 sec stun and lots more damage then double back/twofists

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Draylor
For you - sure.

For every other polearm spec'd armsman on the server that I can think of - sorry I dont agree.

The day I have to zerg to make use of the spec I have had since day 1 is the day I quit.

S

Sohan_THC

Im not happy with the change of style's im used to the 3 combo bone line. and the one on the back hmm ppff if some1 is stupid enough to run a way from an 2hander he be dead in 3 hits anyway.

There is no change on the arms char. itself
so we keep our low end pool. to low absorb rate the useless xbow.
not to mention the 2 spec line's we have to train.

for about a year now we did not get any fotm orso
not even small. yeah ra is cheaper for tanks , that was for all tanks in all realms.

But as mythic said when the TL-arms run away screaming.
there are still enough ppl that play an arms.
so we not gonne change it.

Again as "supposed" best damage taker of all realms
we fucked from behind en still have to laugh at it.

Some items we are yelling for like a year and who will not harm anyone in a direct way.

- preloaded xbow (1 shot while running)
- bigger end pool then a lvl 12 enchanter
- More absorb in pl8. ( it is stupid that chainppl can have higher hitpoints then pl8 ppl buit to get hit.)

That is about IT for arms then we be glad to left alone.

will never happen tho. they want us to start a new class like reavers / savage's and go on to next atlantis char. in the hope that those classes are better then the nerved/broke down/useless rvr old regulair classes.

so in short , cba about this patch.
they forgot reavers bugged style's and lots of other things.
nothing about necro be able to get back in rvr
nothing about friars.

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Sohan_THC

- preloaded xbow (1 shot while running)

That simply wont never happen. Insta interrupt on a Determination tank??? No thx, we already had enuff with savage's shout.

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by Vasconcelos
That simply wont never happen. Insta interrupt on a Determination tank??? No thx, we already had enuff with savage's shout.

That's once in a combat not once in every 30sec. Although savages don't see to need more than 30secs to kill everything :D

S

Sohan_THC

preloaded xbow is like this.

you have to stand and load it like the normal way ( 2 sec)
but like now you have to shoot it on close range takes again 2 sec. so that is why it is useless. all casters got you spelled all over the top by 4 sec.

so what the idea is preload and keep it that way
in case of a running lurie atleast we have 1 (one) change to
interupt his running. now arms don't have a thing not even end
cause we used that already in battle ;P

is not a caster interupter , you not see that happen now also
so there will be no change in that.
the range is so short better walk to a caster and land the 2 hander that will interupt much better :cool:

A

Aussie-

isnt it good you now have a rather easy 9s style on pole?

no more hybrid spec needed ;<

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Aussie-
isnt it good you now have a rather easy 9s style on pole?

no more hybrid spec needed ;<

True, although 2H seems more attractive at least for me: opener backstyle with snare (the target can't flight) + 2nd chain style with stun effect (7sec).

Dunno if u sacrifice damage being 2H instead pole because some tests show total damages from both speccs are barelly the same. The reliabilty of those test is something i ignore tho.

S

stupidshady

great, no more hybrid needed, lets all get new SC armor and weaps........right nm me.

well if the damage and the end is lowered ( witch I rly rly RLY hope for ) on the styles that have changed it could be good......altough I would have to play first to notice it.

what I do see is that arms didnt get ANYTHING the TL requested and as noted in the reply to the tl report they are just saying : yes yes we will look into it, you'll get better one day. But after almost 2 years with no wuv I'm kinda gettin fed up with it, when is there anythin RLY gonna change that would actually improve the class to compete with other chars in the game ? I mean I would love to solo a savage ones where he evades shit ........ I think I would actually win o0

O

old.TeaSpoon

Originally posted by Draylor
For you - sure.

I normally roll with groups, and I can say, I want it how it was.

V

Vireb

tbh i think its good for pur epolers to have a usable rvr stun

2h ok i gain a snare i already have a usable stun but hell now i got 2 im not going to moan , i rarely use anytimes anyway ill just backup with rile (more dmg than bruiser) and no diff to me except i gain a snare and a nice stun

W

wolfofslaughter

Time to respec to...

50 slash/thrust
50 2 hand
rest parry ....

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom