R

reinhart

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot

1.65i Version Release Notes

October 2, 2003

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- The information button in the class trainers window was not working correctly. It displayed all styles and abilities as being rewarded at one level higher than it was supposed to. This also meant that level 50 styles rolled over to level 1. This bug has been fixed.

- As a result of the changes to player resists, all players who had previously purchased the realm ability Brilliant Aura of Deflection have had the ability removed and the cost refunded.

- As a result of the changes to player resists, all players who had previously purchased the realm ability Avoidance of Magic have had all levels of the ability removed and the cost refunded.

- Single line respecs have been granted for Savages, Cabalists, Enchanters, Runemasters and Spiritmasters.

- Resists for Physical and Essence damage types are no longer displayed. (Pendragon only)

- A bug which prevented players from removing beneficial effects such as buffs has been fixed. (Pendragon only)

- Svasud Faste, Mjollner Faste, and Fensalir Faste will now allow broadcasts and announce when you have entered the region properly. (Pendragon only fix)

CLASS UPDATES

Wizard

- Volcanic Pillar’s radius has been changed from 700 to 500 to bring the ability more in line with the original intent of the design.

CLASSIC CAMELOT WORLD NOTES

Frontier Keeps

- Players can no longer climb up two of the climb points at Dun Crimthainn. They have been blocked in order to give Crimthainn four climb points like all of the other frontier keeps.

Item notes

- The items with weapon speeds slower than 5.5 that have been restricted to non-savages have had their names modified so that they can be differentiated from the versions that are not restricted. The new versions of the "Mourning Rage", "Dull Asterite Great Sword", "Brittle-bone Great Axe", "Dragon-shadow Great Axe" and "Dragon-shadow Great Hammer" are named "Mourning Fury", "Lusterless Asterite Great Sword", "Bone-shard Great Axe", "Wurm-shadow Great Axe" and "Wurm-shadow Great Hammer" respectively.

FOUNDATIONS NOTES

- The merchants that sold rent tokens for bounty points have been removed. (They are obsolete)

T

thegreatest

where is the respec for theurgists? :eek:

K

klavrynd

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

WIZ NERF!!

T

The Kingpin

Originally posted by thegreatest
where is the respec for theurgists? :eek:

They did not nerf theurgists..
Mythic don't give respecs when they improve classes, think they do it to be fair to the people who have been using under used spec, that just got fixed..

R

Roo Stercogburn

Have edited a long post down. I'll chew on this combined with the other stuff I'm seeing.

Given that Mythic officially state they will not offer respecs to classes unless they are having their abilities reduced, I note with increasing apprehension that Spirit Masters are getting a respec. Possibly because of Summoning SMs getting hit, but that hits me to a degree. Debuffs are getting nerfed... that also hits me and actually I'm still trying to find some definitive info on that one. Avoidance of magic... again, I'm getting smacked.

I think it would be appropriate for Mythic to fully explain their intent with this patch, as I have to be honest I'm extremely confused. I do not mean "We're balancing the game", I mean for once they should come clean and say why they are making the particular changes they are and what they think the balancing they are introducing will affect and why they think it appropriate.

Has anyone got some info or a pointer to any of these points?

T

Tafaya Anathas

At least mids can stop whining about constant albion love

R

Roo Stercogburn

Minor nerf to VP radius, same FDS nerfs as other realms.

Midgard have nerfs in full flow if you read the patch notes from the various 1.65 revisions.

Taf, did you actually think before making that post?

Y

Yussef

Cabalists got raped in the patch, although the changes were general, it hit them hard.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Yussef, with cabbies is that the similar thing to Summoning SMs with the focus damage shield?

I don't know enough about Alb to say what classes have what percentage of players playing a particular spec and so forth.

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Taf, did you actually think before making that post?

I'm just sick of continous midgard whine

C

Cush

Originally posted by Tafaya Anathas
At least mids can stop whining about constant albion love

Like it would matter to you when yours always running in 5fg+

A

Ardrias_Mid

Camping milegates with 5fg+ doesnt even require you use your specpoints :E

T

Tesla Monkor

I suppose we'll stop whining when we get a patch that doesn't include nerfs to Midgard.

Hasn't happened in the last, oh, 10 patches or so. ;)

O

old.Vae

Originally posted by Cush
Like it would matter to you when yours always running in 5fg+

A slight exaggeration and one borne from the fact, no doubt, that running more than 1fg means the uber groups are no longer guaranteed a win.

Tactics adapt to the current situation. The current situation of uber savage/healer groups means you either have to do a PE and run only fully optimised groups excluding certain classes and thus people or you have to run with more people.

The proliferation of savage/healer groups has done far more to harm current RvR than the enchanter pbaoe/baod groups ever did although they did start the problem.

R

Roo Stercogburn

I don't think I've seen abilities of the various realms change so wildly as I have between the patches 1.60 to the proposed 1.65. If everyone takes a step back for the moment and even just looks at their own classes they play I think you'll find most of us have had a *lot* of changes. SMs are definately in the front car of the rollercoaster along with their analogues in other realms.

In 1.62 a large number of my friends simply crawled into a corner and gave up and it was a bitter irony finally having my subclass 90% sorted while many of my friends were clicking on the Cancel Subscription button or moving to other realms on other servers.

I think the only person halfway convincing me my char will still be viable with its current bag of tricks in 1.65 is Zapsi, bless his cotton socks. Note I specifically refer to our current bag of tricks. We've always been reasonable nukers, though nothing to write home about.

Dark SMs do nothing that any other class in Midgard can't do better. Weaker nuke than runies (though with self heal built in of course) and no area effect damage spells, far weaker area mez than healers. The only thing we did better than anyone else was debuffs. I think the only debuff we don't have that people care about is a cold debuff.

So for those of you that are once again gloating at a nice round of nerfs for the players in Midgard you so despise, bear in mind that not all the nerfs are hitting the strong classes.

Y

Yussef

Cabalist changes:

Duration of debuff lowered
Ability to minus debuff removed
Focus shield nerf
Ability to log in keeps to defend

New lifetap

Happened to everyone, but that's basically all a Cabalist could do.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Ouch.

And yep, you pretty much described a Dark/Summ SM.

O

old.Emma

But the big difference is atleast Cabby`s and Chanters have some form of damage spell in the FDS line ;p

Cabby`s get DoTs (single and ae) which are stackable.
Chanters get PBAE.

SM Summoning line has nothing but FDS.

So where has the FDS affected all class's the same way. It has destroyed Summoning for SM`s.. No reason at all to spec it if all you can do is kill < Red con mobs with it.

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by Mid_Blejsarus
Tafaya is in AoD nuff said,

Omg, I forget mids never zerg, they just assist. Don't make me laugh, go to Excal THEN whine about zerg.

S

scarffs

You're not contributing to the discussion.
Just a pain.

Albs get to gloat again.
All cheer for mid nerf nr 100 !

T

Tafaya Anathas

Yeah, nerf mids till they deleting all their chars then delete midgard. Problem solved! :clap:

R

Roo Stercogburn

I can't help but think that your fellow Albs are cringing more at that last comment Taf than Mids are annoyed about it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom