1.62h o_0

V

VodkaFairy

"Hibernia Monsters

- The difficulty of the final Galladoria encounter has been lowered. "

Nice :D

Still nothing for NS.. at all except for aug aqui increasing power pool and a little bit of damage.. wee :p

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by Mytic
Monster Notes

- All monsters whose names begin with a vowel should now use the article 'an' instead of 'a'.

wowowowowowowow, nice changes inc! ^^

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by VodkaFairy

Still nothing for NS.. at all except for aug aqui increasing power pool and a little bit of damage.. wee :p

yea, im waiting for the NS nerf too :D

W

wrathofsauron

Mostly junk imo, where is the imagination of the mythic team.

S

StormriderX

Dragons being pwned left right and centre so I don't see the need to nerf them more :x

P

Pin

Originally posted by StormriderX
Dragons being pwned left right and centre so I don't see the need to nerf them more :x

small servers, etc.

O

old.LandShark

Excal vs Orcanie anyone? Our emain pop is twice the size of their entire 48+ population :p

A

Aule Valar

Originally posted by StormriderX

pity the poor americans

C

Cronn

- You should now be able to delve items in your vault.

A year and a half after release, wtg mythic.

O

old.Lethul

"Hibernia Monsters

and dont expect anything since you are after 1.62 by far the best assasin...

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by old.Lethul

How exactely? :p

S

skile

How exactely? :p

Think he means the cap changes. Saracen Infiltrators will become lethal in 1.61 for sure :).

A

Athralmall

Which, from reading the NS VN boards, is broken and basically still does jack.

Originally posted by old.Lethul

After RR5/RR6, probably, yes. Although from reading the VN boards you'd be forgiven for thinking that was the case before 1.62. Although SB's were in need of a nerf, perhaps they got hit too hard, I dunno, it's hard to comment till we see it. If that's the case instead of calling for nerfs on other classes they should take some of their own advice and pester Mythic for changes. And, what they're also forgetting is NS spend the first 500k-1m RPs being outclassed completely (Pre-1.62).

Originally posted by Sharp Thing
sb's badly nerfed and ns have the best RA's ;)

See above, they did need nerfing. I don't know yet whether Mythic swung the nerf bat too hard. As for good RA's, we do have the best ones - but while we're spending dozens of points on these active "Insta-wins" on 15-30 min timers as they seem to be called by any non-NS assassin, Infis/SBs are buying other stuff which isn't active and helps 100% of the time (and yes, I do think Shadowrun is a joke).

M

Mavl

- All Penetrating Arrow shots now will pierce AND remove non self bladeturns AND do the modified damage (50, 75 or 100% depending on the level). This change was made to ensure that Archers could remove bladeturn on at least some targets so that they could then do normal arrow damage against them.

RIP bubblers

N

Novamir

not RIP bubblers at all. just now archers have a unique ability to bring to groups (other than true sight) which they lacked.

O

old.Thanatlos

Originally posted by Novamir
not RIP bubblers at all. just now archers have a unique ability to bring to groups (other than true sight) which they lacked.

What about our unique ability Nova?

What is it now?
a pbt that can't defend your groupmates against:
- Fast weapon users
- Dual wielders
- Mages
- Slow weapon users that /assist
- Archers
- Anything when mezzed/stunned

that leaves?
- Slow weapon users.. yay! we can defend against 2h warriors and polearmsman!

Yeah, I do think archers need something, but not a passive ability that can bypass my one thing that my class was actually good at.
ow wait.. resists, still have those, guess what will get nerfed next patch :)

M

Mirhen Morkir

Well I've cancelled my account, can't be doing with this £$%^& anymore.

Wardens really only have one decent spec, nurture for PBT, and with that getting the nerf, what is left ?

Archers main problems (all logged by the scout TL) was the miss/fumble rate, and PBT was not a major problem that couldn't already be overcome by archers with /assist. This is supposed to be a group orientated game yet they insist on listening to 'I cant solo in emain!' archer whines.

If archers want to take down PBT, they should learn to group and /assist with other archers the same as tanks have learned to already.

Anyway, my account expires in a month, so will play Mid/Pryd till then, or maybe go get planetside.

-----------------------------------------------------
Inecux - Warden 50 - 1100 LGM Alchemist.
Mirhen - LW Hero 50 (on par with other tanks ? lmao!)

G

Gahldir

"Hibernia Monsters

you can now reroll as a celt, don't you dare forgettin that!!!!

well, if this is the NS-fixes.. :lol:

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Thanatlos
Yeah, I do think archers need something, but not a passive ability that can bypass my one thing that my class was actually good at.
ow wait.. resists, still have those, guess what will get nerfed next patch :)

at least you don't die in 3 rapidfire shots :(

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Mirhen Morkir

Mirhen - LW Hero 50 (on par with other tanks ? lmao!)

do tell us how the Hero is lacking :)

M

Mirhen Morkir

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
do tell us how the Hero is lacking :)

Damage output, I hit a Mid warrior with LW styled for 300, he hit's back for 983, I hit a Zerker for 425 with a crit, he hit's me for 600 with 1H weapons :clap:

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by Mavl
RIP bubblers

I don't meet that many archers in RvR group vs group fights. Groups using tactics that involve letting archers weaken groups before engaging themselves are rare. I'll keep playing my warden and I don't expect fg skirmishes will change much.

Still, it's about time wardens get something... the self HoT and end reduction cost more mana than they're worth, so I hardly ever cast them. I play warden because I like helping groups, but wardens never were uber in any aspect (expensive IP, no determination, expensive purge, no shield spec -> easy to mez/take down in group fights). I'm easily content, but this patch will no doubt have a negative impact on the active warden population.

May I suggest any of the following to improve warden added value (one or some, not all; that would be too much):
- Give shield spec instead of parry
- Give possibility to guard (which seems appropriate for a warden imho)
- Give decent damage output. There is currently no way with buffs/items/speccing/RA to even come anywhere near a tank's damage output.
- Reduce mana cost or increase duration of resist buffs, so a warden doesn't RvR with 40% mana standard (or wasting mcl every time it gets back up)
- Give determination RA or decrease cost for purge.

The healing RA's were a nice improvement for wardens, but seeing any warden will get aug acu II, serenity II, mcl, purge and IP first, spending 34 rps, just to be able to survive and keep bubble up, I doubt many will take it fast. So far the only real improvement wardens ever got was making the pbt, end chant and dmg add instant, and increasing baseline heal values.

M

Mirhen Morkir

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
Give decent damage output. There is currently no way with buffs/items/speccing/RA to even come anywhere near a tank's damage output.

I don't think there is any need to improve warden damage output beyond fixing the styles, end cost and bugged haste.

The major problems with wardens has always been that all their main functions in RvR are passive (PBT/Resists), and when it comes down to trying to defend your group you are useless addition. Every warden loves being kitted round by enemy tanks while they ignore your damage output and kill your mages/healers.

Wardens need some form of short duration, single target shout snare/root, something to stop the enemy for a few seconds, and to give your healer/mages and chance to get out of the way.

Also we need Intercept / Guard, again to help us, 'The defender of Narure' to defend our group.

Inecux - Warden 50 - 1100 LGM Alchemist
Mirhen - Hero 50 - (Hero's are not the best tank in the game any more :p)

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by Mirhen Morkir
I don't think there is any need to improve warden damage output beyond fixing the styles, end cost and bugged haste.

The major problems with wardens has always been that all their main functions in RvR are passive (PBT/Resists), and when it comes down to trying to defend your group you are useless addition. Every warden loves being kitted round by enemy tanks while they ignore your damage output and kill your mages/healers.

Wardens need some form of short duration, single target shout snare/root, something to stop the enemy for a few seconds, and to give your healer/mages and chance to get out of the way.

Also we need Intercept / Guard, again to help us, 'The defender of Narure' to defend our group.
It doesn't happen often, but I agree with you ( ; I can't kill a tank fast enough, and I can't heal enough to keep anyone alive when a tank's hitting on him.

I wonder how wardens would spec if they could get shield spec instead of parry and intercept/guard ability... 42 shield = slam, but no warden takes 42 parry.

Users who are viewing this thread