R

Rumble

I'll let the notes explain why there are two sets of notes in one day:

=====================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Test Version 1.62c Release Notes

Wednesday, April 23, 2003

=====================================

1.62c is a few changes that were still being tested by our Product Quality department when 1.62b went live. These changes have now all been tested and verified, so without further ado, here is 1.62c.

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- All of the craft recipe windows now display your current skill level in the window title, for example: Armorcrafting (705).

- We found and fixed the infamous "Block/Parry bug" - the one that caused players to block and parry less often when attacked by a grouped opponent. This change will have the most effect in RvR situations where you are fighting an opponent who is in a group.

- The above block/parry fix will also fix an issue with opponents appearing to be "in melee" and having bolt spells fired at them blocked more often than intended.

- Bolt Spells in general have had their damage calculation modified so that it now uses 50% of the target's spell resistance and 50% of its armor. Previously, it was using 100% resistance and 100% armor in the calculation. This means that bolt spells will now do substantially more damage against all targets.

- The Mercenary Dirty Tricks note in 1.62b is minorly incorrect. The percent chance to fumble is 35%, not 50% as it was originally documented.

Bolts have been fixed :clap:

W

Wile_E_Coyote

Huzzah, huzzah!
*And there was much rejoicing*

O

old.windforce

block parry :D

as holder of 62 shield and 58 parry i am happy

O

old.SadonTheGrey

oh_my_god

i will be damned if they actually hit anything tho still.

R

Rumble

I am waiting to see what the US reaction is before getting excited, if they have been fixed then this is a massive boost to the 'pure' casters of all realms.

O

old.Glendower

Wow! And just think! It only took them 18+ months!

Sure hope they do a bunch more.

The boards are screaming all over at them right now, and there are several games due out for summer.

Companies always pull this last-minute fix crap for things that should have been done in a month or two in the face of competition.

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Tanls go back to be milk cows for the casters again :(

Naaah, don't think it will have "that"big of an effect :)

S

Sarnat

Oh my :x

Gonna be fun getting oneshotted by bolts! Maybe I should respec RC *brrr*...

G

Gallak

oooh oooh oooh, I gonna be able to block! mmmmmm reactive DD on shield, boom like crazy baby!

S

SilverHood

wow, first version were they didnt nerf midgard

3rd time lucky

G

Gwendel

Originally posted by Gallak
oooh oooh oooh, I gonna be able to block! mmmmmm reactive DD on shield, boom like crazy baby!

gl, reactives on shields gets 'fixed' in 1.60 so they dont work on shields in rvr or pve( only works in rvr as it is atm) apparently it was never supposed to work like that

E

eben

If bolts still have the following I'll be disappointed:

"You missed" - wtf?
"You're target is in combat and blocks your attack" - huh?

I fired a bolt at a GREY con that was running away the other day with 50 wiz and MISSED!

F

frols

Originally posted by old.windforce
block parry :D

as holder of 62 shield and 58 parry i am happy

a holder of 91 shield and 79 parry is also very happy :D

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by frols
a holder of 91 shield and 79 parry is also very happy :D
How can you get that high? Thought cap was 50 + 11 + 11 = 72.

R

Regicide

OMG!!! They did it! Or rather, they are going to do it!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw ! I'm gonna rvr again !!!!! watch out for the gimpy elph :p

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by SilverHood
wow, first version were they didnt nerf midgard

3rd time lucky

don't come and say that Midgard didn't have their glory ...!

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Lessurl
Errr.... yeah.
Since when? Casters can kill a tank from range almost without a problem. Well cept Gelid who gets stuck in doors :) And even a pb with that none interrupt RA, you can kill them while getting hit. And perhaps they can stop using the autorun /face thingie.

C

CliffyG

Originally posted by Fafnir
And like Casters need a boost?

Ever played a fire wiz?, without their bolt they do pretty poor damage and they have no utility spells as backup. Their high damage bolt is supposed to be class defining but when it doesn't land 99% of the time it's a bit stupid. Can't comment on other classes but i guess it's just as annoying.

O

old.windforce

all i can think off is Mob 4 which gives 24 "virtual" shield levels

don't think he is RR10 yets

O

old.Alliandre

Since when? Casters can kill a tank from range almost without a problem. Well cept Gelid who gets stuck in doors And even a pb with that none interrupt RA, you can kill them while getting hit. And perhaps they can stop using the autorun /face thingie.

That's the mana/PB line. I've specced my Eldritch in Light for a reason you know. Void Eldritch's atm usually use their 2x skill in light more than they use void, because bolts suck :) You're talking about a completely different variant of caster. You won't get someone using an "uber" bolt on you and an uber PB unless they go and use their full respec while you wait for them.

F

frols

Like someone said mob 3 plus the base % you start with

so its 50+13+10+18=91

F

frols

Like someone said i got 50+13+10+18=91

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom