B

becana

So anyone heard any rumors??? 1 week,, 4 weeks etc etc. (ok guess this one have been posted before just asking again)

A

acei

Originally posted by SigvartH
So anyone heard any rumors??? 1 week,, 4 weeks etc etc. (ok guess this one have been posted before just asking again)
I'd wait for tomorrow's Friday news, they'll probably have a date by now i hope :)

T

Thorarin

The version is supposed to go into testing very soon now.
Last I heard was that there are still some things that need to be translated though.

Like acei said, I expect a further announcement tomorrow (this afternoon?) in the Friday News.

G

Gadd

where can i read the patch notes? or will they be on rightnow soon?

F

Fafnir

FFS gifv patch now so i can start lvl my warrior again, who got gimped during a lagspike. :(

F

Fafnir

I wonder how mid will look after patch. Hopefully people wont leave, but play their other chars instead, perhaps more casters. :)

O

old.LandShark

The FOTMzerkers will move on to new classes; many zerkers will stay and live with being merely viable instead of overpowered.(although I will repeat that vendo needs lub after the non-vendo dmg nerf)
The FOTMs will in many cases change realm, or they might just roll savages - if they haven't already - and carry on in mid.
I really don't know why mid would look bad after 1.62; you can make caster-centric groups every bit as viable as hibernia or albion, or you can still have fear-inducingly good tank groups like you did before. 1.62 really isn't "the death of midgard"...

S

svartmetall

WhyTF would 1.62 be "the death of Midgard"...? OK they fucked Zerkers over, but hopefully they'll see the light and lub 'em again; and we still have Warriors and now Savages too (getting mine to 50 asap)...I love Mid and will never leave it until the day they shut the servers down.

FOTM (I'm assuming people mean Flavour Of The Month by that) types will always find something to whine about, since they've lost sight of the fact that this is a game all about TEAMplay and want to be able to solo everything...
"WAAAAA! I can't chain purple mobs solo! GIVF DOUBLE STR AND HITS TO MY STEALTHER CLASS!"...
"WAAAAA! Someone actually hit me once in RvR! GIVF INVISIBILITY AND THE POWER OF FLIGHT TO MY TANK CLASS!"...
"WAAAAAA! A Troll killed my caster in a melee! GIVF CASTERS NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"
...you know the ones, I'm sure we've all grped with them.

IMO it would be best if, instead of nerfing, they just concentrated on making each class uber at it's 'signature' ability - give Warriors insane hit points and big 2H dmg; give Zerkers BACK their insane dmg etc. etc. Keep the distinctiveness of each class and make people work to see how each class plays to its strengths in grps, both in PvE and RvR.

And BTW if anyone has doubts about Warriors as primary tanks - I got jumped by 2 lvl50s in DF last night and was still able to drop one of them before the other got me. Which was nice.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Fafnir
DF needs a remake too. :p

Well...yes. Some new Epic bits would be fun, since the current ones have been done to death by now. A new class of Prince/Princess-level uber-mob for each section, with correspondingly uber drops (that should be 100% qual BTW, it's a joke that things like Brilliant Bain's Fuliginous Cleaver aren't 100% qual)...if they can expand the existing dungeons (look how much bigger Varulvhamn is now) then DF would be a prime target for some lubbing.

F

Flimgoblin

problem with boosting everyone is that boosting one class is seen by EVERYONE ELSE as a nerf...

"they got X! waaah!" :)

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
problem with boosting everyone is that boosting one class is seen by EVERYONE ELSE as a nerf...

"they got X! waaah!" :)

Some classes don't NEED boosting...Zerks were great just as they were - dealing huge dmg but couldnt take as much as Warriors. Meant you could choose what tank to play to fit your playing style/tastes.

T

Thorarin

Not before August the 5th, that's all I can say for sure ;)

K

kinag

Originally posted by Thorarin
Not before August the 5th, that's all I can say for sure ;)

If I remember correct didnt it say on the friday news that it will get out end of july - start of august?

Ofc that can be 5'th, but It dont HAVE to be after 5'th...

S

Solid

Originally posted by Fafnir
I wonder how mid will look after patch. Hopefully people wont leave, but play their other chars instead, perhaps more casters. :)

Yer lets see, I got a 50 SB, 50 Thane and 40 Zerk (prematurely halted due to oncoming nerf)

Kinda pain in the arse levelling another char, easier to quit

T

Thorarin

Originally posted by kinag
If I remember correct didnt it say on the friday news that it will get out end of july - start of august?

Ofc that can be 5'th, but It dont HAVE to be after 5'th...

Well, the last scheduled test day is the 4th of August, therefore patch day won't be sooner than the 5th of August. It could get slightly delayed for whatever reason of course, though.

Y

-yoda-

Originally posted by Solid
Yer lets see, I got a 50 SB, 50 Thane and 40 Zerk (prematurely halted due to oncoming nerf)

Kinda pain in the arse levelling another char, easier to quit

try using skill to play your classes then , instead of just spamming anytime styles (refering to your zerk n sb )
Sb's still are and will be viable in rvr , just that u wont win as many fights as u used to :) and hopefully u wont be able to beat pure tank classes (should never be able to , same for infils/ns's)

zerkers will STILL be viable also , how can u say u gonan quit and not exp our zerker, just because u WONT hit for 1k+ dmge ? its people like yourself who roll overpowered chars and then quit when u get brought into line with other classes that IMO your realm is BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU , if u wanna quit cos u not uber over powered the f***k off cos the games better without all the bandwagoners :)

V

vintervargen

heh Svartmetall, a tank that does more dmg then a pbaoer and at ~same speed is "viable" for you?

K

kinag

Stop with this whining! :rolleyes:

Im going 2h sword when 1.62 hits, And tbh, I cant wait, I love 2h sword and think about the damage I can do with frenzy and Ragnarok on flee'ing casters :D

I wub 2h swords, especially TG swords (like the one Strip got :eek: )

Users who are viewing this thread