1.62 tomorrow Wednesday

R

reinhart

Guess it will be one bumpy ride tomorrow...

Rein

---------------------------------------------------------------

General

Here comes 1.62, knocking at the door !
[2003-5-08]

The last tests proved good and apart from some minor translation bugs in French and German (fixed in the coming days), the patch 1.62 is now ready to be installed on all the European servers of Dark Age of Camelot !

Here is the planning for tomorrow :

All server will be coming down around 8 am BST.
The patch servers should be back up by noon.
The rest of the servers will slowly re-open one after the other during the afternoon.

Some reminders about the /level command.

The new /level 20 (or 30) command will allow you, if you have at least one level 50 character on any of our servers, to create new characters and start at level 20 (or 30), on any European servers.

First, remember that Carnac (the youngest of the French servers) will not have this command activated at first as it was specified in the last Friday news.
Also, and this being mainly due to the lack of information regarding the exact active population of the servers, we decided not to have any realm, of any server, with the command /level 30 on the patch day. All servers, all realms, will therefore start with the /level 20 command and, if need be, we will do the changes needed according to the information we have.

This being said, let's see how this command works :
As said above, you need to have at least one level 50 character on one of our servers. If you do, the first thing will be to log him or her in, in order to "flag" your account as owning a level 50 character. This done, you can create new characters (of any realm, on any server) and type the following command with your trainer targeted : /level 20.
A message will confirm you that you have earned the experience needed for level 20, and you can now start the "dinging frenzy" by right-clicking on your trainer. You may want to turn off spell effects while doing this, levelling too fast may cause your client to crash.
Once you reach level 20, you will be able to go in your realm capital and receive some free but well-worn equipment. Here is the list of the NPCs you will need to talk to :

Camelot : Hadreth, Assistant Wells, Galaris Pritchard, and Lucia Pritchard.
Tir na Nog : Carraent, Aetheonyc, Rhyryn, Gwucyn, Somyr and Caryan.
Jordheim : Gair and Kelleher.

Your newly levelled characters will start with no money at all, so you might want to start close to the capital if you can.

Please remember that when using the /level command, your character will not gain any auto-train in skills. Also note that you can use the /level command with already existing characters if they match the requirements listed above.

Finally, if you are planning on moving to new servers/realms to try classes and races you do not know, please remember that while you may just come here to "reroll fast to check something out", the other players actually play in the realm every day. Respect the realms you are levelling in and most of all, respect the players in them.

And now some details about the Single Line Respec :

Due to the many class balancing changes introduced by the patch 1.62, a free single line respec will be granted to all characters (above level 5). This single line respec will allow your character to regain the skill points spent in ONE of his skill lines.

A warning however :

YOU WILL NOT GAIN THIS SINGLE LINE RESPEC IF you already have two single line respecs unused or if your character already has a full respec available.
THIS SINGLE LINE RESPEC WILL BE CANCELED IF you do not use it during your current level. If you plan on using it, we advise you to do so just after connecting to the game for the first time after the patch.

Also coming with the patch 1.62, all the characters of one of the pure stealthing classes (infiltrators, nightshades & shadowblades) with the realm ability see hidden will be given back their point and will lose the ability. You will then be free to re-invest these points back into the skill, or into another if you choose so.

A

acei

Maybe they aren't giving out /level 30 to Hibernia on both servers yet because they're as blind as we are to exact stats without the Chronicles working?

B

Bleeker

Originally posted by acei
Maybe they aren't giving out /level 30 to Hibernia on both servers yet because they're as blind as we are to exact stats without the Chronicles working?

probably :p

A

Athralmall

I'd hope being the server admins they had some kind of information available to them allowing them to decide if a realm needed /level 30.

That is, at least, what their previous messages alluded to (ie. We won't give any /level 30 details until the day before patch-day to enable us to evaluate populations).

To be honest, I was shocked at the population difference on Hib/Excal - 2500 on the server just a few days ago, 500 of those were Hibs...not accounting for anons of course, but still a vast difference.

So, please, Hib is for life, not just for patch-day :great:

F

Falcon

Yep, population on Prydwen is roughly 40% Mid, 40% Alb and 20% Hib and we're not even getting level 30. Another first class joke from GOA.

A

argyleyn

Perhaps they should log in Hib/Prydwen for two days to notice the population is below 25% of the server's population at any time, any season, any day of the year?

I am glad they are finally patching, but this is a big disappointment since i expected it was more than obvious that Hib/Prydwen at least deserves /level 30 (not sure about Hib/Excal). Oh well, this gives me yet another reason to go play at Mid/Excalibur where i can at least hope to find someone on the pad at peak times :(

T

tris-

why do u care so much, if this command was never in you wouldnt complain so your not losing out are you? is it really so hard to go from 20-30 with your uber buff bots and mana chanter PLing everyone?

A

acei

Originally posted by n3wbie
why do u care so much, if this command was never in you wouldnt complain so your not losing out are you? is it really so hard to go from 20-30 with your uber buff bots and mana chanter PLing everyone?
Erm, /level 30 is there to help under-populated realms if it's not there then how will it help the realm? They're getting the same as albion and midgard do you think having the same command as the other 2 realms will attract people to Hibernia? No, you can say the same about buffbots and PLing on both the other realms so that's not a issue, issue is that Hibernia deserves the /level 30 so it's population can finally increase.

S

scarffs

If /lvl 30 comes on hib/excal i'm going there :)
Druid here i come.

L

living

/level 30 wont make hib more appealing imo.. people play the class they LIKE not because they can start at lvl 30 instead of 20.. Sure hib population will raise but most people wont make it to 50 methinks..

edit:

is that something around 8 CET?

E

etaew

duh read what they said.. the chronicles are down they dont know server population.. with 1.62 comes the reopening of chronicles then im sure goa wil notice the population and hib will get /level

A

acei

Originally posted by living
BST = British Summer time so i think that's 9am CET?

Also it will make it much more appealing for several friends of mine, as soon as /level 30 is implemented, 6 of us will go on Hibernia make a awesome PBAOE group and will get to 50 very fast, believe me /level 30 will make a realm much more appealing than 20.

T

Twaize

It says Patch servers will be up at noon and the rest will follow one after another.

What servers are patch servers and what servers aren't?

A

Adelle

Originally posted by living
/level 30 wont make hib more appealing imo.. people play the class they LIKE not because they can start at lvl 30 instead of 20.. Sure hib population will raise but most people wont make it to 50 methinks..

edit:

I'm not quite sure about that, actually. I'm sure there are more than me who have refrained from levelling an alt on a second server, just because the first 15 or so levels (before you get the cool class specific abilities) are so mindnumblingy dull.

Edit: I mean, there are many classes I like on Hib, but the first 15 levels are pretty identical in all realms ;)

B

Bagloor

Originally posted by Twaize
It says Patch servers will be up at noon and the rest will follow one after another.

What servers are patch servers and what servers aren't?

This is the server you automaticly connect to and download the patch to your client.

T

Twaize

So I can patch before I connect to the servers?
So when will I approx. be able to join Prydwen server?
2 AM BST?

T

tris-

who knows till they tell us the order that they boot em back up in.

A

Athralmall

Originally posted by etaew
duh read what they said.. the chronicles are down they dont know server population.. with 1.62 comes the reopening of chronicles then im sure goa wil notice the population and hib will get /level

Oh, so when I go to DAOC Europe, and scroll-down to the bottom - those numbers are, in fact, bogus? - And, using this logic, if goa were to start chars in each realm on any server in question, they woudn't be able to see a pretty accurate % split??

Wow, that's quite a surprise :rolleyes:

/sarcasm off

:clap:

L

liste

WHen it opens, is the most specific time you'll get, im afraid.

As said, patch server comes up early, to allow people on slow connections to download patch prior to server opening. Game Servers will open one after another, from noon and onwards.
The actual sequence, nationality and such, is probably hardware based more than anything.

D

Damon_D

/30 wont get me to play hib..the chars are just to freaking ugly,, I played a firbolg fighter up to lvl 3..then I deleted and started on albion instead, now im playing a FOTM Necro/cleric duo, so I'll expect to ding both 50 in no time :clap: So much for having 2 of my lvl 50 chars nerfed in 1.62 and the other not fix'd.. Give WOW fast !!! plz

BTW MYTHIC DIE RL... kthxbye

E

etaew

Originally posted by Athralmall
Oh, so when I go to DAOC Europe, and scroll-down to the bottom - those numbers are, in fact, bogus? -
server total players is different from realm total players.. it only tells u the server total population doesnt it.. point made... but fair comment bout the them making chars and /who ing

A

Athralmall

Of course, that's what I was getting at.

:cheers:

A

Athralmall

Originally posted by Gamah
:ROFLMAO:

British Standerd Time

Not quite sure why this is amusing, BST actually does = British Summer Time.

:great:

G

Graknak

Ain't it a vicious circle? example: Hib/Pryd is under pop. Hib/Pryd gets /level 30, Alb/Excal, Mid/Excal and perhaps Hib/Excal go to Hib/Pryd.
Alb/Excal and Mid/Excal get underpopulated while Hib/Excal has /level 30 aswell, so Alb/Pryd and Mid/Pryd go to Hib/Excal making both Hibs on both servers overpopulated..... it's just stupid to give underpopulated realms /level 30 as it won't help getting more players.
New ppl can't /level so they'll go to what they like not whats easier.
And with each alt, each main gets substituted for that alt, so basically /level would keep the numbers the same if it's the same for all realms and gives an even greater unbalance if current underpop realms get /level 30 and the rest /level 20.
There basically is no way to get a realm more populated if every new guys hears "Hib class XXX and YYY are soooo nerfed, don't play ehm ever!!!111" .
Well giving the classes a decent balance will sort the matter out, but by the time that happens we'll have a realm 10-times as big due expansions and still bugged like hell.

Let's hope it's still clear, heck lets hope i understand what i just wrote tomorrow morning :p

Users who are viewing this thread