1.62, buffs and +enh

E

Eggy

Right.

As far as the current patch is concerned, +enh does sweet f**k all in terms of raising stats. Therefore, on both my cleric and friar, my SC does not cap +enh.

How will buffs and +enh work in 1.62?

Will more +enh give higher stats?

Up to a cap?

Will using purple base dex finally make a difference to using yellow dex?

Will +enh on a friar increase, for example, your self-AF or absorb etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I have to redo my SC i may as well start early :/

D

Danamyr

As I understand it (and obviously I could be wrong), the arrival of 1.62 will mean all stat caps are gone. Therefore it stands to reason that the red baselines will add more to each relative stat then the lower yellow ones, because they are in addition to everything else.

If you have the time, I'd suggest a wander over to the VN Boards and see if there are any similar posts there - they have had the patch for a while now, so am sure they have disected it to death!

HTH :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Eggy
Right.

As far as the current patch is concerned, +enh does sweet f**k all in terms of raising stats. Therefore, on both my cleric and friar, my SC does not cap +enh.

The current patch doesn't do FA, but it doesn't do very much. Specline buffs will always raise stats by 125% of delve. Baseline buffs will raise by between 50% (I think) of delve with 1 Enhance total and 125% of delve with 50 Enhance total. If your total Enhance goes over 50 there is no additional effect.

Therefore +enh will probably do FA for your Friar, but will do a little bit for your cleric (but raising stats by under 1 point per point of +enh).

Then caps are placed on the buffs at 1xLevel for base and 1.5xLevel for spec. This means that you will cap baselines without using the purple str or dex on your Friar. And you might cap on your cleric depending on his enhance skill.

How will buffs and +enh work in 1.62?

Exactly the same, except the caps are gone/raised.

Will more +enh give higher stats?

Only up to 50 Enhance total - same as today.

Up to a cap?

Not entirely sure what the new caps are, but I think they are 1.25xLevel for base and 1.875xLevel for spec (i.e. 125% of before).

(If there was no cap, then you'd have silly stats on level 5 chars, 1-hitting all yellow/orange mobs, etc.)

Will using purple base dex finally make a difference to using yellow dex?

Yes

Will +enh on a friar increase, for example, your self-AF or absorb etc?

No. Spec buffs will always raise 125% of delve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I have to redo my SC i may as well start early :/

No benefit having +Enhance for your Friar next patch either. Very little or no point having +Enhance on your Cleric next patch either.

But... Mastery of the Arcane improves the values of all buffs, so you would see more benefit from buying this RA after the patch.

E

Eggy

Pin you fucking rule.

Now make me an infil SC template using all MP and 1/2 Sidi drops.

D

Danamyr

Quality reply Pin - makes mine look woefully inadequte and ill-informed ;)

E

Eggy

Originally posted by Danamyr
Quality reply Pin - makes mine look woefully inadequte and ill-informed ;)

No you're wubbly too :fluffle:

K

Kagato.

Its worth noting that mastery of the arcane also improves your resistance timered buffs too.

No idea if it helps the new dps/heal proc buffs though, any ideas pin?

O

old.Ramas

Its worth noting that mastery of the arcane also improves your resistance timered buffs too.

Not by much.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Heal proc buffs are affected by master-of-healing and wild-healing.

Which suggests they are not considered timer-based-effects. Which is Mythic code for 'buffs'.

As for the original question - see what Pin said.

In short, in a ideal case, +11 enhance can now add ~5 points of effectiveness to each of your base buffs.

edit:

Baseline buffs will raise by between 50% (I think) of delve

Never had enhance spec so low as to check, but my understanding has always been that buffs start at 100% of delve. Certainly I've never knowingly cast a buff for < 100% of delve, though I don't think my enh spec has ever dropped below ~ 40% of my level.

F

Flimgoblin

mastery of the arcane (or the buffbot-RA) will improve your buffs... 3% each level I believe - so on your +75/+75 spec buff you get +25%...

so thats +93/+93

then add in another 9% from mastery of the arcane 3

should get you over 100...

P

Pin

Originally posted by Kagato.

By 3%... So you need level 2 before you gain 1% resist on the 24% resist buffs.

Originally posted by Kagato.

I don't know what the dps buff is like (I don't tend to beat things up much with my buffbot).

But the heal proc buff is definately not a 'buff' spell. It's counted as a heal spell and I believe it effects the target based on the target's rejuv skill and healing RAs.

I haven't tested it on a rejuv-specced character, but I am guessing that there is little or no variance in the values the heal proc heals for when it goes off on a rejuv cleric/friar, but there is definately huge variance on my 0 rejuv Reaver ;)

(The Sidi hauberk heal procs are counted as 'spec heals' thus have no variance)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
mastery of the arcane (or the buffbot-RA) will improve your buffs... 3% each level I believe - so on your +75/+75 spec buff you get +25%...

so thats +93/+93

then add in another 9% from mastery of the arcane 3

should get you over 100...

Depending on what the new caps are.... I haven't bothered to check, but I think they cap at 187.5% of level for spec - i.e. +93

B

belth

50 nurture, MoArcane4 results in +155 to stats according to Covenn on VNBoards... Tried looking for the thread on the Hibby Stalker boards but couldn't be arsed after 9th page.

P

Pin

Originally posted by belth
50 nurture, MoArcane4 results in +155 to stats according to Covenn on VNBoards... Tried looking for the thread on the Hibby Stalker boards but couldn't be arsed after 9th page.

in other words:

Baseline Strength: Delves for 50, raises by 62 with 50 nurture, raises by 62 with MotArcane4. (Capped at 1.25xLevel)
Baseline Dexterity: Delves for 48, raises by 60 with 50 nurture, raises by 62 with MotArcane4. (Capped at 1.25xLevel)
Specline Strength: Delves for 67, raises by 83 with 50 nurture, raises by 93 with MotArcane4. (Capped at 1.875xLevel)
Specline Dexterity: Delves for 73, raises by 91 with 50 nurture, raises by 93 with MotArcane4. (Capped at 1.875xLevel)

Total Strength gain with 50 nuture: 145
Total Strength gain with 50 nuture and MotArcane4: 155
Total Dexterity gain with 50 nuture: 151
Total Dexterity gain with 50 nuture and MotArcane4: 155

If you are a Hib or Alb buffer you need MotArcane 5 to cap Con. Lower for the other stats.
If you are a Mid buffer you need MotArcane 5 to cap Str. Lower for the other stats.

K

Kagato.

Bugger and I thought I was doing well with MotArcane 3 on my little level 42 bot.

Incidently with only 8 in rej so far theres huge variance in her heal proc buff, but its still sweet.

Q

QuickS

This is for friars but shows the effects of uncapped stats and MoA.
Dunno if its 100% accurate tho..

Click here

M

mastade

I have heard summin about that the higher your realm rank is the higher the cap is?, or ? :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by mastade
I have heard summin about that the higher your realm rank is the higher the cap is?, or ? :)

test patch. scrapped due to public opinion. never live.

B

belth

"Kinda" overpowered with RR4 scouts capping with critshot on everyone, etc.

K

kirennia

Simple solution, buy a 99% staff and have it with just +enhance on it...i think +7 is max...do that and wear it everytime you are buffing up. That way there is no need to mess up your SC template etc and you get a few points extra thouhg not the full +10

W

-Wedge-

Well the heal buff isnt related to the amount of Rejuv... My cleric has 41 rejuv, 35 enhance... Mastery of Healing 2 and Wild Healing 2... And the heal-buff has done 19 -> 80 (I think was the highest I've ever seen) heal on me... She has 41+11 rejuv... (dont ask, never intended to go above 50 in rejuv, but kinda happend with RR, never expected to get her so high)

It has a huge variance in its heals...

And what Kirennia said, the +enhance is only needed when buffing, the buffs dont lower when taking the +enhance off...

P

Pin

Originally posted by -Wedge-
Well the heal buff isnt related to the amount of Rejuv... My cleric has 41 rejuv, 35 enhance... Mastery of Healing 2 and Wild Healing 2... And the heal-buff has done 19 -> 80 (I think was the highest I've ever seen) heal on me... She has 41+11 rejuv... (dont ask, never intended to go above 50 in rejuv, but kinda happend with RR, never expected to get her so high)

It has a huge variance in its heals...

No, it's based on the amount of rejuv that the target has, not the caster. So if you look at the amount it heals Caletha for when she's hit, you should see it as much more consistant.

(You can also see that is says "you heal yourself for xxx")

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom