1.62 and the level 20 charatcers.

K

Keogh

Well 1.62 isn't too far away now and when it does come out I dare say we'll see one hell of a lot of lvl 20 chars being created and deleted and so on.

What I was thinking, for those of us who don't understand all the in's and outs of specing in the different classes, was if people on these forums, who've had experience in the various classes, could post good spec's for lvl 20 and how people might want to spec up to 50.

I know that we could all just experiment but, tbh, I personally don't want to spend hours developing a new character only to find I have cocked it up.

So how about letting us know your thoughts on the various classes specing and letting us know how that spec at 20 is going to make the character play.

I'll start. (With the easy one :D)

Necromancer

Kill undead mobs for easiest time.

All in deathsight all the way. Some people go to 48 and some to 50 and the rest put how you want in Death Servant and Painworking. What this does is allows you to level very fast and farm cash easilly. A Deathsight Necro can chainpull undead yellows, take on oranges with relative ease and solo reds quite well. Even though I don't know what level you can do reds from as I pulled my first red at about 40 accidently and killed it.

Hope this helps someone. But this one is a no brainer as everyone and his dog knows how to spec a Necro.

B

Bellona

hmm as most lvl 20's prolly will gonna be lvl 24 for bg1

heres my bg1 spec and lvl 50

BG1
13 body (56.7dd)
20 mind (2nd best charm, -36con/str debuff, PoT2, self mezresist shield)

lvl 50
40 body
36 mind

K

kirennia

If you are planning to take an ice wizard to 50, I would suggest making them full earth until 40 then respec at 40 ready for avalon city groups. Solo earth wizzies are fantastic in PvE...not many classes can solo a red and 2 oranges at a time and only use 50% mana. It's the classic DoT + run, turn, DoT and run, rinse and repeat until they are dead, also of use with the camera angles needed, but thats good practise for in RvR too. Final spec of an ice wizard, 50 ice, 20 earth
If you are thinking of making a fire wizard, DON'T. Other then looking good, they aren't that good. Lvl 50 wizard will have a 219DD, a bolt that apparently is still crap in 1.62, an ae leeching tool, single target root, lvl 19 ae root and thats about it. If going for a ranged nuker, go for a body sorc, 46body, 28mind. Then you get 209DD, single target root, 50%cold/fire debuff and 30% matter debuff, 60 second ae root, 80 second single target mezz, confusion which is nice to save yourself in PvE, ae amnesia, cure mezz, self mezz reduction, 46 second ae mezz, and a lvl 45 pet. Tbh, theres no competition until fire wizards get some pretty heavy loving.
If you are thinking of making a cleric, try to keep it so that your buffs are at about half the level of your rejuv until lvl 40, then start to level them out so that you end up with a spec of 41rej, 35enhance, 3 smite. Very nice spec.
Minstrel, If you are going to be a grouping minstrel, go full instruments and put spare points into slash and work towards a spec of 50inst, 30slash, 30stealth.

Thas all I can comment on really

F

F.I.V

For the Friar class:

Level 20: My personal recommendation - 18 Staff, 12 Enhancements, 7 Parry, 7 Rejuv

Max Staff after this until level 44, max parry at 12 and leave rejuv alone at 7, once staff is maxed at 44, pile the enhancements up until...

Level 50: My personal recommendation and current spec - 44 Staff, 47 Enhancements, 12 Parry and 7 Rejuv

A

Aule Valar

i'm betting thidranki crashes within a day of 1.62

E

Eggy

BG1 buffbots forteh win

gonna be quite silly the amount of level 20 clerics theres gonna be in emain

I

iluvatur

with the 46body, 28 mind spec for sorcerer, highest pet is lvl 40, not 45 ;) ( ie green con pets)

I

ilienwyn

We can start loads of pbaoe groups using that though :p
Too bad that when you use /level the class can't use autotrain. And this can be dangerous if you are not careful e.g. for classes autotraining 2 speccs you are gonna lose points if you are gonna do a /respec all. So, be careful...:)

R

Rnp

why 46body? :)

what i want to know is when u make the lvl 20 char. Do u still get the autotrains from lvl 1-20?

nm saw post above :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom