1.60 Caps are Removed?

C

-chancer-

so what exactly will "removed" be there must be some sort of final end from the stats other wise you could end up with 500ish str

K

k9awya

basically specbuffs aint capped to 75 now you can get like 100 from the best buffs

er and stats over 300 are counting

D

Danya

Up to 350 I think, though no one has confirmed that.

O

old.willowywicca

no cap changes in 1.60, they're in 1.61

O

old.Tohtori

I find this a good thing (now don't you dare flame me for saying no caps is a good thing! :p ) because now the high levels can still have differences. You can have two level 50 warriors and the other can kick the other ones ass any day. All a plus in my book.

G

Gallak

Be interesting to see what my Troll Thane can do, currently with self str buff and 32 aug shammy friend's str/con I hit 326 str. With the change to a Thane str/con buff and shammy str my weapon damage should be fun to play with, ooooh and no recast timer on my single target too :D

S

SilverHood

I'm gonna hit the 350 mark in str with my thane while buffed by a decent shaman.....
so I assume that con over 300 gives extra hp as well?

hmmm, might level my lowbie buff bot to 47 if that happens
:)

S

SilverHood

All stats are capped at 300 atm.. after that, you get 0 extra for them.

306 or 326 con doesn't seem to affect my hp at all :/
might just be me not remembering to put on my neckie, but still

G

Gallak

You're probably right :) dunno, so many people post so much crap on these forums it gets hard to remeber whats real. I blame alb spies.

D

Driwen

in .61 the 300 cap will be removed. Dunno how much you will be rewarded for every point over the 300 though. Btw how do you get specced buffs to give a person 100?

O

old.LandShark

50aug/enhance/nuture works and MoArcane also raises effect past 75...

G

Gallak

No idea, about getting 100 with specced buffs, but I have about 220 base str before buffs, an aug specced shammy can give me 69 str/con and 44(+somenumber based on aug spec) baseline STR putting me to 333+ str, which is pretty badly overcapped in the current scheme of things, like I said it'll be interesting to see what this is like after 1.61.

S

Solid

Read the damn patch notes maybe?

SOFT caps are removed (aka 300 was soft cap for dex/str and above this you got no benefit [are exceptions eg dex/str weaps when ones above 300 ones below)

HARD caps ARE still in. ie a troll CAN achieve 380 Str and WILL benefit from it with an increased weaponskill figure.

BUFFS indeed can do more, aka the caps have been raised to 1.25x the old values to be inline with what buffs are actually capable of.

Previously the cleric 75/75 Dex/Qui buff capped at +75 even when it delved for +75/75 and so had the potential to do 75x1.25 that amount.

NOW (1.61) the 75/75 Dex Qui buff will buff for 94 and you will see your stats jump up 94 points when buffed by it at level 50.

AKA The patch makes the red outlined final spec and baseline buffs out perform the lower spec ones.

Whereas previously it was possible to hit the buff caps from 37 Aug as a shaman now with the raised buff caps a Shaman would have to spec to 47 Aug to cap buff another level 50 (or indeed himself)

BTW Baseline buffs will now buff for 62 when the buffers Aug spec is 2/3rds of level ie 32+ (from spec+RR+Items)

So make of that what you will, I call it a boost to the extreme races like trolls and lurikeens (something they shoulda had from day 1) but also a boost to high aug (read buffbot) buffing classes.

Comes with good and bad imo.
Oh and Mythic have not included any of their extreme diminishing returns system, the sstem is the SAME as we currently have ie you get some diminisgng returns past 250 in any stat and this also applies to stats over 300 but its nowhere near the originally proposed 25-1 figure. Its same as current diminishing returns system, aka not very penalising at all.

Yes expect Trolls to hit harder than ANY otehr race from 1.60 onwards (as it finally should be) and Lurikeens to be the most dextrous race and therefore have the best evade rates and defence skills (as it rightfully should be)

Users who are viewing this thread