1.58b, hell froze over!

T

Tranquil-

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/672.php

MORE CLIENT LINE OF SIGHT FIXES

Yesterday we put up a fix for the Necromancer pet line of sight exploit (where the pet could be commanded to cast spells on players it could not "see"). Today we're putting up LOS fixes for other types of pet classes - now, pets of classes such as the Enchanter, Animist, and Bonedancer (and any other class that can cast offensive spells) will not be able to cast spells on a target unless that target is visible to the pet.

Please note that yesterday's fix was relatively "clean" - because of the way Necromancer pets are controlled vs. other standard pets - but today's LOS change will require more testing on Pendragon. Even though the two types of pets appear to be similar, they are in fact controlled far differently by the game, and the fix for Enchanter-type pet's LOS is more complicated than that of Necromancer pets. We expect today's fix to take care of the LOS issues for Enchanter-type pets most of the time, but players still may run into situations where the spells are still cast, even though the pet cannot "see" its target. We will continue to work on this problem; today's fix is just a first step towards a solid line of sight enforcement system.

This will be a merry xmas! :)

S

Sigurd

Yep, Happy Christmas 2003, for when 1.58 hits Euro servers.

O

old.job

I never use my casting pet, it's cheating:eek:

I'll stick to sending tank pet through walls :D

S

Sharma

This is silly we are now SIX patches behind the USA servers :(

F

fatgit

2 VERY large patches, then a series of small.

Should see a fast patch to 1.58 after sc is patched

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by sharma
This is silly we are now SIX patches behind the USA servers :(

1.53 = big
1.54 = big
1.55-1.58=about 1.53 all combined.

O

old.Iunliten

Can I still stick a pet at somone I don't have line of sight on?

Ah well well Frosty stallions will be fun as usual :clap:
Fear the heat of a stallion!

O

old.LandShark

Can we stop being so happy about the LOS being fixed? Forgive me being my usual negative nancy self but if it still snares, then a chanter still owns absolutely any class 1v1 in open ground...
LOS required for pet to nuke = BUG FIX
Pet DD still snares = bad, bad piecce of balance that needs changing.

L

liste

who cares about 1on1?

this is a team game anyways. if you run into a chanter solo, youre asking for it.

LoS bug fix, is probably THE most needed fix i can think of.

A

Aeternus

Originally posted by liste
who cares about 1on1?

this is a team game anyways. if you run into a chanter solo, youre asking for it.

unless your playing on camlann.... where not running into a enchanter equals not being logged in :)

S

subski

who cares about 1on1?

obviously u dont play pvp nor rvr much!

try sitting inside amg in odins with around 10 middies and 15 hibs outside, and one having a pet on u for around 10 mins nuking you constantly, with no chance of drawing this pet inside the wall nor interrupting it. now THATS fun huh? :<

and Ived often tried similar things.
recently at pvp server, WL was camping lord room in caer beno, we were outside on the walls (inside the keep mind you), I cought target on one in the window and casted area mezz in lord room. result? 3 chanter pets nuking my arse off! fun fun :<

O

old.Krusha

2nd most important bug fix:

Close down Camlann :p

please dont.. the amount of l337 d00däs is at an alltime low and i love every minute of it :D

F

Flimgoblin

who cares about 1on1?

Yep the LoS is the biggie...

Can't use AoE defending a keep against hibs because you'll aggro an enchanter and get nuked from the other side of the walls.

O

old.LandShark

Liste, did you make that 50 infiltrator with the intention of grouping? :>
I could kill chanters 1v1 if the DD didn't snare. The DD snares. It's a real problem killing grey chanters with my merc on camlann, and greens tend to win if they get the pet on me before i duck into stealth, on excal.

Anyhow, even in a zerg v zerg situation a chanter can still keep a target permasnared and nuke the crap out of him at the same time. snareDDs that supp. runies and mana eldritches spec to 50 for, i can live with, but snareDDs that chanters get for free on a pet with some uber version of see hidden...
Piss on it, the snare is every bit as bad as the LOS bug.

D

Danya

Eh landshark, just CC the pet, then run off and hide in aggro mobs. confuse can be handy for stopping pets as well as the usualy stun/mez. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom